HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Haunt Convention Seminar Videos For Sale

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Haunt Convention Seminar Videos For Sale 
    I would like to add my voice to others (on various threads, for years) who keep stating that those of us who cannot go to a particular haunt convention would be willing to pay to hear/see videos of the seminars. Everyone cannot attend in-person, for various reasons, but why not sell the seminars later? Even if it is a year later (so attendees feel like they received the content first), that's better than nothing. The cost to make the videos would be very, very low. A single video camera (or even iPhone) on a tripod is all that is needed. No editing, color correction, etc. You also wouldn't need to print them to physical media (DVDs). You could sell them as downloads, or sell access to them on YouTube Red, etc. Every time there is a haunt convention, i see haunters in these forums asking (sometimes begging and pleading) for convention owners (and/or seminar presenters) to offer videos of the seminars, and it seems to largely fall on deaf ears. Why would people flush this potential income stream down the drain? You would probably even get purchases from people who were physically at the seminars, to help them remember what was said. I would love to purchase videos of some of the seminars I attended in the past!

Would anyone else be interested in purchasing individual convention seminars? If so, please leave a reply to this thread.

2. Default  
    I would love to buy video downloads of sessions.

Transworld is a 20+ hour international flight away for me. I deeply want to go but it was simply impossible for me this year to get to the USA.

3. Default  
    same here I agree

4. Default  
    I agree Tiki, but the powers that be think it is a bad idea.

5. Default  
    I can tell you why they might not want to. And this is just a theory. They only provide the seminars to lure you to the vendors to get you to buy things from the vendors. It tells me that the seminars in of themselves must not be particularly insightful/educational. At least not from a stand alone standpoint. It's really just a shiny carrot at the end of a stick. The fact that the powers that be continually ignore the request speaks volumes.

Edit: I also think it indicates an older generation mentality that you must be somewhere in person.
    Last edited by mrfoos; 03-08-2016 at 02:52 PM.

6. Default Also 
    If they taped them and sold them why would any of the people attending transworld want to attend a conference when they seen one on tape that's the same or simular. I think they might be worried that the attendance on seminars will go down year after year till its dead. Theres a fx school in my town. They do not offer tapes of there classes because they want you to attend and would loose money over time do to people rather buying the tapes and not actually attending the classes. Also I can share that tape with multiple people. It's all about money and I think they feel it will hurt the bottom line if they have a bunch of copies of there seminars floatin around. Just my to cents

7. Default  
    The Game Developers Conference (GDC) is the number one video game convention in the country, and they've been selling recordings of their live seminars for years. That convention has only increased in attendance, every single year, for the last 27 years! Selling recordings of the seminars at a convention does not hurt the convention. It is just a way to help those who could not attend in-person, and a way to generate more income.
    Last edited by Dark Tiki Studios; 06-17-2016 at 03:42 PM.

8. Default  
    Even if not of the actual convention seminar, why not tape their own version at home with the same intent to sell? Just a thought.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
    O'Shawn McClendon
    Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

9. Default I would buy a Haunt Convention Seminar video 
    Depending on price. Some haunt owners like myself have full time jobs and cannot afford the luxury of going to those haunted conventions. It would be nice to buy a full descriptive content with some easy text editing on the videos ad some added special effects for flare it would not be that hard to accomplish . video should be available for download online or sent through email).

Booger Jim's Hollow
    http://boogerjimshollow.com
    2 haunted attractions for one low price
    10th year of haunting the upstate

10. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by freak 'n' stein View Post
    Even if not of the actual convention seminar, why not tape their own version at home with the same intent to sell? Just a thought.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
    A very good thought!

Thread Information