X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Scenic Art Productions

Hello Hauntworld,

I'm Robert Travis owner of Scenic Art Productions. I have been building theatrical props and sets, themed environments, displays/trade show booths, and signage of all types for about 25 years. In 2003 I decided to start my own company, Scenic Art Productions. The company took off faster than I had thought getting jobs working on large subdivision entryway signs and some themed elements for theme parks and attractions. I have worked on The Scooby Doo and the Haunted Mansion Ride at Kings Dominion, The Italian Job Stunt Track at Kings Dominion and Canada's Wonderland, as well as MagiQuest in Myrtle Beach. I have been interested in breaking into the haunted attraction industry for a few years now and found the Hauntworld Forum site and thought I would try to see what happens. I look forward to talking with you soon.

Robert Travis
    Scenic Art Productions
    ScenicArtProductions@Yahoo.COM

Comment

• Welcome Robert, looking forward to checking out your web-site. Talk to you soon.

Sue
      http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Comment

• Me (:

Name: Tiphanie
        Haunt: Fearshire Farms
        Position: Actor
        Experience: This will be my second full season

--How did it all get started?
        Well one year when I was about 10 I asked my mom if she could take me to a haunted house, so she did. I went to Phobia and I was majorly scared out of my guts. After that night I just had a little bit of curiosity about haunts, and when I found out one of my Mom's friends worked at a volunteer one I jumped to it. I work there now and I love it (:

Comment

• Hello Haunters!

Louis here from FrightTour.com! I just wanted introduce myself to the World of Haunt! I run a website called FrightTour which is an annual haunted house tour that spans the month of October. We are in search of the best haunted attractions in the Northeast region of the United States. I hope to be posting to these forums on a regular basis about our adventures!

Until then, make sure to check out the site!
          sigpic
          2011 Tour | Database | Frighty Awards | Coupons

Comment

• Hello I'm Karl Berger. I have been involved in the haunt industry on and off since 1986. Have been worked at both charity and for profit houses. Currently I'm at Hangman's House of Horrors in Fort Worth, Texas. I have also recently started a production company.
            Chris Riehl
            Sales@spookyfinder.com
            (586)209-6935
            www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

• Hello everyone. I've been reading here for a bit but just got my account activated. I have always had a love for haunted attractions and being a part of them. It goes back to when I was about 6 years old probably. I've been involved in a few amateur haunts in the past, but this year I have been hired as an actor at Corner of Chaos in NJ. I'm really excited to get things started this weekend.

Have a great season everyone!

Comment

• Hello!

A happy halloween to everyone!

We are Stillwater Haunted Attractions out of Stillwater, OK. We are looking forward to gaining some great advice and new techniques from the wealth of information on this forum as we start out in this business. We are hoping to open our haunted attraction in 2012/2013. Our email address is stillwaterhauntedattractions@gmail.com. Feel free to drop us a line!

Comment

• Big T from Big T Productions

I am new to Hauntworld but have been haunting on a small scale for many years. After starting a small haunt in VA a few years ago, we have grown consistently and this year I decided to make this a serious business. I have more than 30 years theatrical experience as sound engineer, lighting designer, and set designer so I am bringing a lot of experience to the industry with me.

Our haunt The Plague is expanding this year but we are still only open two nights. Next year we will be open several more weekends and expanding with a second and possibly third attraction, in a very large camp ground. Think haunted camping.

I build a lot of my own props, but I also invest in the larger props through Haunt vendors and prop houses from the film industry (I bought a bunch of props last year from a prop house that went up for auction). I love this business, and the whole family gets involved. My oldest daughter does my art and marketing, my middle child does ticket sales and helps with makeup, and my son does the hauling, heavy lifting, building, and is my right hand man all year long. That's what makes this business all the better; haunting as a family!
                  Travis "Big T" Russell
                  President
                  Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

• BOO! From Arkansas.

My name is Dewayne and my wife and I / family have been doing haunted parties for many years. I built 90% of my props using methods from Terror Syndicate and other old books that have been given to me that doesn't even have covers anymore! (OOLLLDD)

I'm 35 years old. Married with a 2 year old daughter that loves our props. She calls most of them "Bone Bone" So now, whenever we're out and about, if there's a skull or bone somewhere she'll let you know! BONE BONNEEE!

I've worked at a local haunt YEARS ago. Back when I was bout 18 or so. Worked one season, but never got a chance to go back. We are now looking to do a full blown haunt for 2012. We did a party a year or so ago with an actual 4 room haunt + graveyard that you had to go through in order to get to the party. At the end, folks were asking "Wheres the donation box?"

I'm glad I found the site, looks like a ton of information to get me started. Thanks for letting me in on the site.

Dewayne

Comment

• Hey guys! Name's Bryce Ring out of the Gurnee are in Illinois. I'm the co-founder of (new for 2012!) Nightmare Productionz. We're a group of 5 people with a passion for Halloween looking to starting a new event next year in the NE IL/ SE WI area. I have 7 years experience in the haunting industry, but in my book I'm still a new guy for sure. With that said, any and all advice to help me out is appreciated!

I look forward to meeting people and getting advice/ideas from the forums here, seems like a swell place! Feel free to contact me with anything and everything at nightmareproductionz@gmail.com
                      Bryce Ring
                      Co-owner/ Designer
                      Twisted Realms Haunted House

Comment

• Hi everyone. I've been hanging out on HW for about a year but just recently joined. Me and a partner plan to open a haunt in the Marietta, GA area in 2012 (trying to get the loan worked out right now). I'm married with one toddler, and have been doing haunt parties for some time now. I've also worked in a haunt for a few years in the Birmingham area. Hoping to dive into a full blown haunt in the Marietta, GA area (thehauntedmarietta.com) and am trying to tie up all the pieces right now. I'm a financial analyst in my day job so I'm hoping to do double duty in 2012, with a lot of help from others!

I really enjoy all the information on here and how everyone is open and sharing of ideas. I hope to join the ranks soon.

-Chris K.
                        Christian K.
                        thehauntedmarietta.com

Comment

• Hello from upstate NY

Hi im Josh Im 27 from upstate NY i have been working on a haunted Hayride that my family has run for our local zoo for the last 12 yrs. My older brother who ran the Hayride stepped down last yr. It is now my turn to take over. Halloween is my favorite holiday and tho our hayride has always been successfull (in 2 nights that we do it we average about 800 people a night) my brother never really got into making it better or stepping our game up so to speak. He would always take any idea i had and dumb it down and make it terrible in how it was made to work. So now this year with me at the helm we are going to be using foam latex appliances and making everything more realistic. Im going to be doing a wrong turn type scene texas chainsaw and we have a Jeepers Creepers scene in which my younger brother swings out and latches on to the hayride. We have done this scene for last 4 yrs and is our most popular. My question to everyone else on here who does the hayrides are what suggestions would you have for scenes? the hayride is short as it only last up to 10 mins because it is on a trail that is in the zoo. So we need our scenes to be very affective. Also this year we are making a haunt contract with our actors everything is volunteer at the zoo so as such when we do the hayride we have to many chiefs and not enough indians so to speak. We want all our people to be on board and not break character or disrupt other scenes (whether they be haunter or victim). Any thoughts and recomendations would be greatly appreciated guys gone over alot of threads on these boards before I joined and everyone here seems to have the same passion I do about halloween and the scares we can induce!
                          Senior Operator of Forest Of Fear at The Utica Zoo
                          Visions Of Fear Productions

Comment

• Greetings...

My name is Steve aka Dr Death. I am new to the haunt industry, but it has been apart of me for 35 years now. I now am trying to start my own with the collection of items I have. I will be trying to look for a building for the 2013 season. As of right now my home will just have to work. I look forward to learning from everyone and growing in the industry. Any tips and ideas please send them my way and are greatly appreciated.
                            Dr. Death

Comment

• Originally posted by kjberg1 View Post
                              Hello I'm Karl Berger. I have been involved in the haunt industry on and off since 1986. Have been worked at both charity and for profit houses. Currently I'm at Hangman's House of Horrors in Fort Worth, Texas. I have also recently started a production company.
                              Hello Karl, I really like Hangman's. Been to it several times. I also buy most of my props from Magic's Etc. Would love some insite if you have a chance.
                              Dr. Death

Comment

• Hello, this is Nathan Polanco. I am co-founder of Fear Overload Premier Haunted Houses located in Northern California; currently in San Leandro, CA (2012). With California regulations as strict as they are, I'd be happy to answer any regulations questions about fire codes, building codes, architecture plans, etc.

Nathan

Comment

Working...
                                X