This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to haunting...

Hello everybody, been reading here for about 2 years and love this site!
    First about me, Well my famliy has ran a Dungon for the past 15 years at Renn Fairs in IL,AZ,CO and Boston so I've kinda been in the business but now I'm working on something ... a Haunted house Trailer! I know ...its not new but you just dont see them anymore...anyway looking for feed back on the painting of my trailer, all airbrushed by me and now working in the inside...New Image.jpgNew Image1.jpg...
    Last edited by Billy K; 03-18-2011, 12:48 AM.

Comment

• That airbrush work is pretty impressive.

Comment

• Welcome, JON AUTOPSY and Billy K. Enjoy yourselves
        sigpic
        http://www.cafepress.com/Darksydesigns
        Wide variety of products, including clothing (from child to adult-sized), jewelry, wall clings, dog items, and much more. Many perfectly-suited for Halloween.

Comment

• Hello All,

I'm Jim from Southern California. It's great to finally be part of this forum! I'm an amature mask maker and horror enthusiast. Ive worked as a professional artist (among other things) for over 20 years. I love getting a glimpse inside the professional side of haunting, and I hope to someday take part in helping create some of the outrageous stuff seen here. I admire everything you guys and girls do for the industry, its just so darn cool! Thanks!

-Jim

Comment

• Wecome to the forum, Jim

D
            sigpic
            Wide variety of products, including clothing (from child to adult-sized), jewelry, wall clings, dog items, and much more. Many perfectly-suited for Halloween.

Comment

• Hi! My name is Kristen
              I live in Louisville, KY
              I work with Wolf Creek Haunted Forest.
              I dabble in a little of everything.
              Costume and Prop Construction, Make-up, Haunt Mom, Go-for, "Help! my hair fell off" fixer, water boy, and tons of other things keep me busy all year.
              Zombies are my monster of choice.
              I'm excited to get some new ideas from the forum and broaden my horizon in the Haunt Industry!
              Chris Riehl
              Sales@spookyfinder.com
              (586)209-6935
              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

• Welcome to the both of you.
                sigpic

Comment

• Hello!

Hello my name is Jake Rich I am writing this statement as a declaration of my skills and abilities related to the haunted/Halloween industry and the field of special effects in the film industry. I have a bachelors of science in industrial design and special effects from The Art Institute of Pittsburgh that I received in March of 2005. I currently am in my 6th year of professional experience having worked for three different companies as well as starting my own business “The Brothers Rich F/X” allowing me to have worked with many different people and companies. The first company I worked with was Specter Studios in Pittsburgh, PA where I was a design and production associate for two years and was the top designer for the company when my position was eliminated due to downsizing. After that I worked for Gore Galore, originally I was hired to help increase the efficiency and overall production techniques at the shop along with being the in house sculptor/and lead artist/ painter. During the 3 ½ years I spent there I ran the shop in a managerial capacity for 2 ½ years coordinating the production and shipping of the orders, along with design/sculpting/and painting responsibilities for the company. I brought a variety of new technologies and techniques to the shop from my education and experience that I have mastered , this includes but is not limited to, painting, molding(plaster and silicone), fiberglass additives, and high volume production methods. During this time I also on my own time worked on over 13 independent films, 2 television commercials, 3 music videos, several stage performances and worked on designing and building 2 haunted houses. After being fired for reasons that I will not get into I took my skills and talents to join the team at Dream Scape Studios allowing me to continue the very career that I have put much time and effort into so that I may provide this industry good quality products. I have practiced art my entire life continually expanding my education and network in this industry my body of work speaks for its self and shows what my experience and skills are.

Comment

• Do you have a Portfolio.

Like to see it.

Thanks,
                    John

Comment

• Greetings, Jake.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Hiya, I started making props for The Long Branch Haunted Mansion back in 1986 when I was 18. These were mostly weapons and axes for the actors. From 1990 to 94 I made several props for Castle Dracula in Wildwood NJ. These ranged from Dungeon Implements to full sized figures. During that same time I also built a wide range of things for Orlando's Terror on Church Street and local seasonal Haunts.
                        I got into the convention circuit in 2000 and also made puppeteered creatures and "Necronomicons'' for Low budget movies. This led me away from doing Dark Ride work for several years. I missed them, but few Haunts were left in my area .
                        Recently I met Haunt legend Jim DeMuse who was responsible for such great Haunts as Brigantine Castle, Morbid Manor, and The Long Branch Haunted Mansion. This inspired me to get back into the Biz, expecially now that there is a rising intrest in them in the Wildwood area :mrgreen:
                        Last edited by Wellington Hackmeat; 06-04-2011, 05:59 PM.

Comment

• Name: Tiphanie
                          Job: I work at a volunteer/charity haunt called Fearshire Farms
                          Where: Texas

I have only been a member since June 19, 2011, but I am already hooked and I love to see what everyone has to say on the boards!

Comment

• lonely in florida

My name is Joe and I have been bitten by the haunt bug going on four years now. Doing everything I can to get bigger and better every year. Started a home haunt 2 years ago and did everything I could to make it a commercial event in a backyard. 1200sq ft and nearly $50,000 in props, lighting and animatronics later I am looking to go pro. But I still am very hungry to learn, slowly becoming a jack of MOST trades but really enjoy set design and the art of the scare. Somehow I need to find time to learn how to sculpt and mold but I might need to clone myself for that.
                            Thanks to Dark Ravens and Pale Nights awesome stuff and CFX for their masks....they and some others helped me blow peoples minds. Something about seeing a 4ft zombie dog and Palenights Zombie attack in a home haunt sets you apart a bit.
                            Looking for more and giving it all back......

Joe P
                            Auburndale, FL
                            theshallowgrave@gmail.com
                            please hit me up if you are in Florida and share my passion!
                            Joe Phillips
                            The Shallow Grave
                            Winter Haven FL
                            http://www.theshallowgrave.com/

Comment

• Hey there hi there ho there!

Hey everyone! Names Lawrence, I am here representing www.fearmart.com a site that offers precanned commercials for haunted houses along with moving pictures, door videos, queue line looped videos, projection videos (if you have not seen these check them on the site they are friggin cool!) etc. We also offer fully custom work and we can even travel to your haunt for 100% custom footage from your haunt with your actors!!! If you guys have any questions or would like to work with us on something custom drop me a line or email me at larry(@)fearmart.com!
                              also please note we do everything in house from filming in full HD to editing to final product! No job is to small or to big and we would love to work with all of you!
                              (in short I am an avid haunt builder/actor/makeup artist/sfx creator etc. so I am pumped to be a part of this place and hope to learn much more from everyone!!!)

Comment

• Hello, my name is John Schwarz.

I'm not as familiar to this website as many I see here, are. However, I am very familiar with the Haunt Industry. I have been in association since 1998. During the Fall season you can find me at Splatter Haus, located in Two Rivers, WI. www.splatterhaus.com

On my spare time, I attend to other events and haunted houses' needs, by providing them with props, scenic designs, costumes, artwork, ect. I like to stay busy all year 'round. As a hobby, I can't resist but to create, be creative and try new things. More recently have launched a business, JSSJ Productions. The production will mainly focus on Entertainment, Arts & Scenic Design. (hold tight, there will be a more proper introduction to the business in the near future.)
                                Last edited by johnschwarzjr; 07-19-2011, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X