This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome!

Theres alot of info on these forums! Glad to have you here.
    Senior Operator of Forest Of Fear at The Utica Zoo
    Visions Of Fear Productions

Comment

• This forum is priceless!

Hi All,

I just realized there was an intro thread so figure its a good time to add one.

I have been visiting this forum for a few years but just recently registered. I am looking to start a haunt ideally in 2013 in central NY and have been browsing the forums to help in safety, planning, theme, etc.

There is a lot to figure out but this has proved a great place to begin researching. This site has been a great help in that process.

Wish all who are already underway a great season!

Charlie

Comment

• Hey Guys!

Hello everyone,

My name is Corey, I'm 19 years old and currently attending school at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. I have been involved with my parents haunt, BOOGERWOODS, for my entire life. Though I only started acting in it about 5 years ago. I currently run a chainsaw in the Doll House scene and I will be the first to tell you that it is the best job ever! Like most of the individuals on this page, I am a HUGE Halloween nut and look forward to October year-round.

I am looking forward to being a part of a community that involves as big of haunt enthusiasts as me! <3

Comment

• Long time Home Haunter/Next year pro baby

Hello All. I have been a long time home haunter who has decided to go pro in 2013. I am in the Dallas market and understand that there are at least 3-5 new haunts opening in 2013. Still excited. My partner and I have been working on a 6 acre trail haunt for the last 6 months and as of Nov 1st this year, we will be pro. Very excited.
          Dan's Haunted House
          Fear IS In Everything!

Comment

• Hello everyone !

Steven Simpson ,
            44 yrs Old Male
            Been a fan and lover of Halloween and haunted houses and scary movies since i can remember, my family used to "haunt " our garage every year fro Halloween beggars night, my Dad would dress up As a very elaborate Dracula character and me or my brother was usually Frankenstein monster or the werewolf.
            Chris Riehl
            Sales@spookyfinder.com
            (586)209-6935
            www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

• *waves*

Hello Hauntworld!

My name is Liz Cacciatore, and I am a 25 year old traveling haunt actor/special effects makeup artist from northern Illinois. I have been in the industry for around 5 seasons, and can't get enough of it! I started out as an actor in 2007 at Realm of Terror Haunted House, and then in 2008 began getting my feet wet doing makeup. I've learned a lot as I go, and love to ask questions and lurk in the forums to gain the wisdom of the many of you that populate this "place." My boyfriend, Brad "A1" Cannon and I, have started our own traveling haunt acting troupe (known as the Haunted Spooky Kids, or for short, the Spooky Kids) and our goal is to see and act at as many haunts around the country as we can!

Thanks for having me!
              Liz, aka 'Lizifur'

www.hauntedspookykids.com

Comment

• Name: Jennifer
                Haunt: Spook Hollow and M.C. Manor in Marquette Heights, IL

This is my boyfriend Doug and my first season scaring. We got in last minute basically... We began helping in the Hospital booth maybe two months ago, but have worked our butts off to learn as much as possible in a very short time. Last weekend was our first weekend, and we did such a good job we were asked to have our on section next year.

I must say this forum has been ALOT of help with ideas and how-to's on even the simplest of details.

Comment

• Name: Kim-Fredrik Brennholt

I have been in the stage and lighting buisness for 14 years now, but i have always been interested in SFX and creating something "impossible"
                  Halloween have not been so popular in Norway, but it have start comming over here the last couple of years. so i have helped a local teen club creating something "scary" for the "kids". (like one person screaming boooo)
                  Thanks to this forum and you guys we was able to step it up a little.... 7 actors and "kids" screaming and running out.

So I guess I will use more time creating haunt props and step up our haunt more! (maybe we can go pro after a time )

Comment

• Hi!

Name: Victoria Stearns

I have always loved Halloween. As far back as I can remember, my dad used to decorate the crap out of our house; he'd decorate the front yard as a graveyard and he'd decorate the front porch with mostly anything Halloween that he could find (spiderwebs, bats, demonic pumpkins, blacklights, strobe lights, etc.) and blast creepy Halloween sound effects and music that you could hear halfway down the street. From around the time that I could walk, I helped my dad in some way. My dad would dress up as the Wolfman and scare the living crap out of the neighborhood kids to make sure that they "earned" their candy.

I am new to the haunt business, but I would like to start a home haunt sometime after I get out of college and I would like to try acting at some point.

I live in Connecticut when I'm at school & I live in Massachusetts when I'm at home. I am insanely lucky to live near the world-famous Halloween Outlet (in Worcester, Mass.) and I go there several times a year.
                    "We throw tantrums like parties/We're not happy 'til everyone knows we're sick/And that's just how we like it " ~ Icon For Hire

“Believe only half of what you see and nothing that you hear.” ~ Edgar Allen Poe

Comment

• Hello From Captpete

I have been an active member over on the halloweenforum for the last few years. I went from a long time home haunter to volunteering at a pro haunt.
                      Nile Haunted House in Seattle, WA. I am looking forward to sharing ideas on this forum.
                      Thanks, Pete

Comment

• (re) Introduce yourself

Furby here; long time lurker/poster.
                        I started haunting in ‘93 after few years of home/school haunts then in 05 moved from Bay area of CA to the Seattle area. I recently started Haunted Puget Sound to help promote the haunts in our area.
                        I love the growth and professionalism the dark attraction industry has achieved.
                        Sandy "Furby" Kimball

Haunted Puget Sound
                        www.hauntedpugetsound.com

Comment

• Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                          We've added and I'm NOT kidding something in the area of 50 new members of the past 10 days. I thought I'd start a new thread for ANYONE and I mean even the guys who have been posting for a decade or longer.

Please introduce yourself!

Larry
                          130,000 haunt suggestion and opionions for first haunt in new yok
                          the new guy Greg Baer

Comment

• Greetings &amp; Salutations

My name is Sam, I have been a reader/subscriber of the mag for quite some time but this is the first time using the forums. I enjoy reading posts and advice from the experienced haunters. I am trying to convince some investors to help give me the chance to someday own and operate my own haunt. My location needs an alternative to what we have now with haunts. I look forward to reading all the insight and hope to get to the convention one day as well. My haunt background is mostly from my military days with charity haunts. I learned the honest way I think ... many years of getting a haunt location approved, and then overseeing the construction, scene setting, running/ managing the operations, and then tearing it all down. Our haunt crew had this routine down for many, many years and had great times, creating a tight group of haunters in the process. Now, I want to try it again, outside of the military. I recently saw the American Scream documentary and felt inspired by Manny Souza. Not sure how the pro haunters feel about the documentary, but for all of us who got started (and still do) home haunting, I can only hope the pros can still relate to those of us who have not been able to fulfill our dreams (so far).

Comment

• Boy did I take a wrong turn at Albuquerque

Hello, My. name. sven...

Ok kidding aside my names Josh but my friends either call me Fluffy or Dr. Strangelove .... I'm not kidding sadly. I've been a HUGE fan of both haunts as well as everything creepy, morbid, dark, twisted, disturbing and scary all my life. How many people do you know spent the majority of their prom watching the original Night of the Living Dead? I started out with a VERY small haunt in a tent (not a full size tent, a large CAMPING tent...) for my drama club way back when and hoping to get back into doing it again... hopefully with more than a tent, handful of psychotics and a conveniently placed coffin this time.

Also does anyone know if prisons offer a work release program for haunts? Got this shower scene that will scare the pants off of everyone.... :mrgreen:

Comment

• Iam the motherfuckin builder of the Apocalypse!

Whats up
                                My name is Kevin McMullen and I live in the New Orleans area. My haunt (in one of the hardest places to have one) is “The Warehouse of Terror”. We have been in business for 4 years now and life is good. Iam also one of 4 makeup artist for my haunt and for a hobby I sculpt most of the appliances we use and pour in either latex or silicone. I also sculpt some mask also....still in the learning stages of that anything to help save a buck!
                                During my off time(from the Halloween world) I am a scenic carpenter for a local Mardi Gras Production Co. where I build sets and props for Mardi Gras balls and Paint large mural backdrops also. Iam also a builder/ team member for the infamous Dead House Designs, look for us at Transworld. I have a video vlog on Youtube under the name “Twiztedfaces” check me out and subscribe

intro.gif

Comment

Working...
                                X