This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduce Yourself...

We've added and I'm NOT kidding something in the area of 50 new members of the past 10 days. I thought I'd start a new thread for ANYONE and I mean even the guys who have been posting for a decade or longer.

Please introduce yourself!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Name: Tyler Barnett
    Where: Lexington, KY.

I've been a member on HW.com for a LONG time... even before these fancy boards where here and it was just a LONG descending list of post and replies! LOL! Wow... long time!

I'm the V.P. of Ravens Run Productions, LLC.... building KY's BIGGEST haunt and making the world scream one person at a time!

If you have any questions or just wanna "talk haunt"... just PM me!

GO HAUNTWORLD!!! -Tyler
    Last edited by Nightgore; 11-12-2008, 11:35 PM.
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Name: Ian Austin
      Where: Cedar Rapids, IA

I've been on HW for quite a while. I don't always see eye to eye with a few issues, but I'm never afraid to tell you what I think, just don't take it personally, it rarely is ;-) I post when I feel compelled, or if directly solicited to respond to a topic, but I read just about everything.

I'm one of the owners of Frightmare Forest ( http://www.frightmareforest.com/ ) a large outdoor haunt in Cedar Rapids, IA. We do very well for our market, and have contributed a lot to increasing the Halloween festivities in our part of the country.

You've probably also stumbled upon my Haunt Controller ( http://www.hauntcontroller.com/ ) website, which currently features my PC-based haunt control solutions, free ticket booth software, among other things. It's due for a major makeover, I'm just finishing up a new, non-pc based product first.

I also run Halloween Central ( http://halloween.sitenation.com/ ), but that's nearing the end of it's days, for updates at least. My other responsibilities take too much from me and I cannot find the time to update that site any longer. If I don't remove it completely, it will remain only as archives.

Like Tyler, if you wanna talk shop, let me know.

-- I
      -------------------------------
      http://www.fx13studios.com

Comment

Jim Warfield also known in another forum as something like "Gym Whourlfelyd" (Nobody would ever figure this out, would they?)
        I believe in using my real name and let the cards fall where they may.
        My haunted house is The Ravens Grin Inn, located in-behind downtown Mount Carroll, Illinois in the northwestern corner of Illinois just ten miles from the big old Missiippii River, 2 1/2 hours due west of Chicago on rt.64, also known as North Ave.
        This is a haunted, haunted house but this factor probably scares away as much business as it draws.
        This is open for tours almost every night of the year and many Sat. and Sun. afternoons, admission is $12.oo and most tours require 90 minutes of your life.
        Some do complain at the end of the tour that their mouth or face or jaws hurt too much from smiling and laughing too much.
        I don't use Hollywood movie monsters here or displays commonly found in other haunted attractions. I build my own, for the most part.
        I have numerous "Scares" here for people and my ego prides itself upon accomplishing this using items commonly purchased for under $1.00..well, sometimes all the way up to $3.oo?
        I operate under the thinking that you never get a second chance to make a first impression. Impressing the customer is a huge part of this entertainment business.
        I have learned alot from having my house open for these last 20 years, mostly about "people'. You can never underestimate anyone's value or worth because word of mouth advertising is beyond priceless.
        If your customers won't promote you because they enjoyed the experience...it all will be alot more difficult to maintain your place over the years.
        If they can't forget it, were impressed by it, then they maybe can't stop talking about it, THEN your business will have turned a tremendous corner, the dominos begin to knock themselves over without you having to pay some advertiser to push them.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Milk it!

Name: Randy McLellan
          Username: Milkunits - Old nickname given to me by my father and his haunted friends

Occupation: Computer Geek by Day (day job), Halloween Fanatic by Night

Why: I have a true passion for this awesome hobby/business that takes on multiple facets for me. I am a Horror memorabilia collector, prop maker, mask maker, home haunter, haunted house actor, done consulting for local small town haunts, and general over all fan of the industry with interest to pursue my own dreams of owning a haunt or becoming a partner in one. If it is not a haunted house, I have other talents I would like to explore from a business perspective. I just need to get started. I frequent www.thehma.net, www.theeffectslab.com, and here of course.

How: My father donated a bunch of time when I was a little kid to the local Jaycees Haunted House that was ran by my cousins. I still remember how cool it was to see my father dressed as Dracula rise from a coffin with me as his little prop
          From there, my family decided it was a good idea to do a massive yard haunt to keep the trick or treaters in our area safe and close to home. It gave them a safe place to enjoy Halloween in an over the top manner. The yard haunt continued to grow and saw witness to numerous car accidents in front and to many people to count from all over the world. It was the must see event in our town. We greatly improved when we became friends of Ed Edmunds from Distortions Unlimited. A lot of great stuff has been said about Ed, and I have to say it is all true. A true person of passion and an inspiration to me. So, I guess now I am regretting not opening a haunt years ago as the opportunity was there numerous times. I now frequent this board and thehma.net to learn the latest info and enjoy the company of haunters. Both professional and home haunters alike, I love the interaction.

Where: Highlands Ranch, CO or the Denver Tech Center area. I am lucky to be very close to the Reinke Brother's haunted house and shop. Again, two outstanding guys that I buy numerous items for my display from and in general enjoy just going to their shop for childhood memories.

What: Having done the yard displays for over 20 years, I am really starting to want to follow some passions and start to apply my skills in a haunt or something related to the industry. I love to travel to haunt shows and also exchange ideas to professional haunters and home haunters.

Who: I do a lot of my own masks, props, and displays. I have enjoyed purchasing display items from all of the vendors that frequent these forums. As many professional haunters started out in their front yards, I am glad to see the industry recognizing this market and encouraging these relationships. Halloween to me is the best holiday of them all and is truly a time to have fun! I try to enjoy that fun year around.

I enjoy a good conversation and would present myself as having an eccentric personality with a tad bit of dry humor mixed in. Nothing usually offends me and I encourage self-expression and open-minded approaches. Having been a member for a long time, I decided this was the year the Milker would milk the big one and bring it on home. Look forward to talking to all of you.
          Mooo or Booo, what ever suits your fancy

Comment

Name: Jared Layman

I have been a hauntworld member for awhile too. I have ran a hayride as part of a non-profit organization for a few years. This year my wife and I are working towards breaking away and running an indoor haunt.
            Jared Layman

Comment

Well I would be one of the newbies here, so here goes.

Name: shawn watson
              Haunt: Heartstoppers Haunted House

I like long walks on the beach and someone that can make me laugh. :wink:
              I've been watching and reading these forums for the past 6 months and finally decided to start putting in my own two cents. I'm in l.a. california, and my brother and I have been doing "something" for halloween for the past 12 years. Everything from throwing feet at trick or treaters to owning our own 4500 sq ft. haunt, to possibly joining forces with Karl at Pirates of Emerson this year. So ill be around from time to time but you'll probably see more of my bro on here (he's clusterone) and I hope to share many great seasons together with you all!
              I came here to do two things, kick some a$$ and chew some bubble gum...and I'm all out of bubble gum.

www.ScaredYou.com www.TheHauntingFields.com

Comment

Name: Howard Erlich

I have been a member of Hauntworld for many years as well. I check in several times a day to keep up on the topics. I post when I feel I have something to add.

This is my 21st year in the industry. The first 13 were for a charity haunt, then I went pro. For the last 5 years I have owned Deadly Intentions which is one of the premiere haunts in Michigan. Also as of this year I picked up some haunt consulting work and am planning on expanding that area in the future. I have also owned a novelty store and an adult novelty store as well as a hearse rental company.

I love this business and would do it even if I never made a profit. Although the money is a nice benefit to doing what I love.

My company name is Slobber Entertainment, LLC. Slobber is also my nickname coming from a haunt character that I performed all these years.

My left arm is a tattoo horror sleeve consisting of 12 horror movie characters. (Pinhead, Chucky, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Wolfman, Dracula, Frankenstein, Michael Myers, Jason, Leatherface, Freddy, Exorcist and Phantom of the Opera.) My right arm so far has two of my characters. (Slobber and Mortis.) More to come on the right arm.

I love all Detroit sports teams but especially the Tigers and Red Wings.

Been married this October for 15 years.

That just about tells it all. I always love chatting with fellow haunters. If you ever have a question or need some advice just send me an email or give me a call.

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
                Deadly Intentions Haunted House
                www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com
                Chris Riehl
                Sales@spookyfinder.com
                (586)209-6935
                www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Great idea for a topic Larry !!!!!

Name: Steve Verdino
                  Character: Show-Me! The Clown
                  Haunt: Dream Reapers - IL
                  Founder of www.HauntedConnection.com

Some know me, some don't, other don't care.
                  I've worked in the Haunt Industry for over 9 years now. I currently work for Dream Reapers Haunted House in Melrose Park, IL. My duties and responsibilities include:
                  Acting (line entertainment) - My true love
                  Actor Coordinator/ Trainer/ Manager
                  Webmaster/ Developer - I'm not Steve K, but I do my best.

My main focus is (and has always been) acting. I founded Haunted Connection to help promote actors and actresses throughout the entire haunt industry.

My view is:
                  Haunted House Designers and builders create the back-bone of the industry.
                  Haunted House Make-up artists create the horrible beauty of the industry.
                  Haunted House Actors brings the industry to Life!
                  Steve Verdino
                  (Show-Me! The Clown)

Haunted Connection
                  www.hauntedconnection.com

Dream Reapers
                  www.dreamreapers.com

Comment

Name: Steve Kristof
                    Character: Yarbles The Clown
                    Haunt: Realm of Terror - IL
                    Founder of The Realm of Terror Haunted House
                    Doomsday Productions

I have been running my own attraction for going on 5 years, and have been in the entertainment industry since Before I remember. I am a Graphic/Web Designer, as well as an Operator of The Realm of Terror Haunted House.

I love the industry, and would do nothing different if I had the chance to. If you are new to Hauntworld, welcome, you are embarking on a vast amount of knowledgeable people. For those of you who are new, you know me already... so why are you reading this?
                    www.Doomsdayproductions.com
                    www.RealmofTerror.com

Comment

Barry Schieferstein

I have been in the industry for six years now. I am one of the four producers of the Midwest Haunters Convention. I also run Scary Ohio, a listing service for Ohio's haunts. During the season you can find me at Terror Park, a haunted baseball stadium, where I am an actor, designer, and anything else they need me for...

Comment

Name: Kirk Boemmel

Well, I've been reading/posting since the boards were the old Fright Forum (neon green anyone?) and have volunteered for 10+ years in my local Lion's haunt until they quit doing it 2 years ago. Since then my business partner and I bought it and are currently hoping to start our own 'for profit' haunt this year if the location gets cleared out (problem we had last year!)...
                        I've been married for 3 1/2 years and we have a 10 month old baby girl!
                        I love this industry and wish I could spend 24/7 doing haunted things rather than having to go to work at my day job!
                        Anyone wants to chat PM me! I look forward to hearing from you!

Kirk :twisted:
                        Kirk Boemmel
                        Dark Ghost Manor
                        www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

Name: Damon Carson
                          Character: Frightmaster
                          Haunt: House of Fright
                          Founder of the House of Fright in
                          Mexico, Mo.

Well I've been a long time poster on these boards going on like 8yrs or more. Ya I remember when Larry had the little spinning skulls and spiders and stuff on the site and I thought they were sooooo cool. Well alot of things change and yes for the better. I still love this site to this very day, there are alot of good people and haunters on here. Most if not all will try and help anyone on here who is willing to learn. That is one of the things I enjoy doing the most on here. If I can help a person with an idea or a project ect I hope I made someones day. I know it made mine. I have also got a great load of help from asking questions from anything from info for vendors to what kinda things work or dont work with running a haunted attraction. I love haunting its been in my blood since I was 6yrs old and went to my first haunted house that the local Jaycee's did. I did my first haunt at 6 well more of an outdoor walkthrough trail but it was decent for a 6yr old. I there went into yard haunting and setting up displays in my front yard. Then helped with church haunted houses. Helped the Jaycees with an entire room. doing a graveyard and a graverobbers scene. And was told by many that came through it was the very best. That was at age 19. Helped a friend at the time do a garage haunt for about 7yrs. We drew hundereds of kids on Halloween. Went commercial with a outdoor haunt with the same friend for 2yrs. Mainly after seeing and going to the Darkness after many years and realizing the potential haunting could take us. Parted ways after 2yrs and opened my own haunt naming it the House of Fright. It easily stood above the rest in our area not only for scares but also in detail. This will be our 4th season for the House of Fright. And we keep trying harder everyday to make it something beyond our wildest dreams. Welcome to anyone new on the board. I am more than happy to help anyone with any questions or who might need a little help.
                          Happy Hauntings,
                          Damon
                          Damon Carson

Comment

HA

My name is Ken Spriggs....and I have been sober for 3 days now!!!
                            Been in the biz for ...ah...um...left shoe...right shoe ..18 years or so
                            Started making props and selling them to Morris
                            Then someone asked us to help with a haunt......
                            Now I am part owner of the worse haunted house in the world.....Dream Reapers....joking about the worse

Also run a product line called Sinister scents and Sinister fog
                            I have more to write but i don't have more time...sorry

HEY Larry you started this where is your info?????
                            Gee could it get any better than this?

Comment

New Haunters

Name: Brian Rogers
                              Home haunter looking to go pro.
                              Oakdale Minnesota

I have been a member on this forum for a few months. To all the other new people, you will learn so much from everyone on this site. Everyone is so friendly and are open to share there expierance and support.

Most importanlty they will all tell you to get Kelly Allens book " So You Want To Be a Haunt Entrepreneur". Don't think about getting the book, GET IT!!!! It teaches you all the important facts covering the aspects of starting your own haunt. THANKS AGAIN KELLY FOR WRITING YOUR BOOK!

Feel free to ask any questions, no matter what they are or no matter how many times someone else posted the same question, someone here will answer you.

Good luck to all new haunters!!! :twisted:

Comment

Working...
                              X