This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better Late than never......

Greetings Everyone! The Unknown Scare-Actor from the Big Scary Show here, or you can call me Jim, because my co-(g)hosts on BSS say I am the worst kept secret in the haunt industry. You've heard me and my phobias on Big Scary Show, I'm an actor at the Dent Schoolhouse, and I also run Unknown Scare-Actor, LLC. I do haunt actor training as well as voice work for haunted attractions. I've been fortunate enough to be associated with some of the best actor trainers in the business, including Badger, Allen Hopps, Katie Lane and SPFX Woman. I am offering competitive rates on my custom training classes and I am centrally located in Cincinnati, Ohio. Anyway, enough shameless self plugging. It's good to finally catch up with the rest of the biz, and I am looking forward to a great 2013!

"Everyone....is afraid of something!"

Comment

• Kelly Allen ("The other one")
      Southern Indiana

Currently without a haunt, but always looking...
      Was formally a partner at Humboldt House of Horrors in Western Tennessee but the 4 hour drive each way and family additions limited my involvement. Still looking to stay involved with local haunt activities including a not for profit haunted trail that my church has hosted each year for the past 12 years.

Long time follower of Haunt World and forums. Great place for discussions, ideas and overall conversations.
      I enjoy the fact that everyone is focused and involved in making this industry safer and around for many years to come.
      Kelly Allen - Humboldt House of Horrors

Comment

• An old forum visitor who have wandered away from the flock...

Hello, Everyone! I'm Armand, you may know me from ReDCroWdesign.net. I used to frequent this forum a lot but I took some time off to fix a few issues in my life.
        As many of you know I used to be -and I still am- a graphic and web designer, in case you wonder what I've been doing lately, I now do visual and special effects, even tho those services are not yet part of my official portfolio. I've been also doing some script writing and directing and I participated actively in an Australian feature film.

Nice to meet all the new people, and it's good to see the old friends! Cheers, everyone!
        http://www.redcrowdesign.net

Comment

• my intro

Hello my name is Brittany. im 20 years old. this will be my second year at Night Terrors haunted house. In which last year i had a great time abd learned a great respect of the industry from my boss and mentor Dewayne aka frightener. Last year i played a girl being tortured. Now this year i have a new role of dead girl in a bathtub. i would love some tips and tricks to make her come to life

thanks
          brittany

Comment

• New postet!

Greetings,

I have had a chance to help with this project!

https://www.facebook.com/themostlyghostly

Feel free to like and share the link and give any constructive critisism...!

Also where I can post here or other Dark Ride enthusiasts sites!

Thanks!

Comment

• I'm Kevin from Red Oak, TX. I'll stick with calling myself an operator at 13th Street Morgue and Dungeon Of Doom, because listing all the hats I've worn over the years would take far too long. I've been a professional haunter for nine years.
              Kevin Cook
              Operator
              13th Street Morgue/Dungeon Of Doom

texashaunt.com
              13thstreetmorgue.com
              dungeonofdoomtexas.com
              whenhingescreak.com

Comment

• front yard haunter

I'm relatively new to haunting my neighborhood. I'm in my 4th year of doing something cool for the kids in the neighborhood.
                I have a severe obsession with gore and satan, but that doesn't always mean spooky, so I try to have a spooky atmosphere with sights and sounds. I have not over gored my yard in the past 3 years, but this year I am going to have a little side action in my side yard for the older kids to get their candy!
                I have a kickstarter project to try and get some $$$ for this years decorations,
                http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ted-front-yard

Comment

• Name: Matt Brooks
                  Where: Maine

I just started with Haunt World and the forum. Moved from New Jersey about 4 years ago, and haven't been to a good haunted house scene then. Im currently trying to get a haunted house in my own town. Ive also been obsessed with Halloween from childhood

Comment

• Moss4U
                    Ron Ortiz
                    Englewood, FL

Halloween is my favorite holiday, 84 days left. I am almost 65 with almost 13 grandkids and every year I dress up and go with them. It is really cool to scare people giving out treats. Been to this site before and liked it a lot. Hobbies include NHRA & IHRA Drag Racing. I compete in Stock Eliminator with a 1967 Plymouth Belvedere Station Wagon powered by a Chrysler 273 ci 2bbl power plant. I have been coaching Pop Warner Football for 35 years. I am the owner of moss4u.com

Together with my wife, Cindy, we sell fresh Spanish moss, mood moss, sheet moss, shag moss, reindeer moss and curly black lichen. We also have these mosses in dried, preserved and dyed. Our moss comes out of NC, KY and FL. We also sell Tom's Barbeque Sauce, weird or coincidence, moss & sauce.

I will be posting information about handling, care, application, and techniques for our mosses in those haunting situations. Whether you are looking for that whispering spooky look of Spanish moss over a swamp or that overgrown look on gravestones, we will try to you assist you the best we can. You can call us with any questions or needs. Thank you for having me on this site

www.moss4u.com
                    941-662-5695
                    moss4you@gmail.com

Comment

• Hello all

Name: Ken Polisse, 34
                      Character: The Butcher

I've always been a fan of Halloween and haunted houses for as long as I can remember and my journey into the haunted attraction industry started in 1997 when my buddy and I turned our dorm hallway into a haunted walk as part of a Sprit Week. From then on we built 3 more through college as part of safe trick or treat for the local community kids. Man some of the first ones we did were built out of sheets, comforters and anything dark we borrowed from our friends who helped.
                      After graduation, my local volunteer fire department in Canastota, New York (just outside of Syracuse), decided they wanted to run a Haunted House as a fundraiser. My uncle who is a fireman knew I had done them in the past and asked us to come on board. We built haunted attractions for the fire department from 2002-2006, before politics made us take a hiatus. But this year we're back and presenting The Abandoned the story of a family that kills together, survives together.
                      My goal is to make the move into a pro haunt in the next couple of years.
                      I've been following the forum for about 6 or 7 months now and I joined around 3 months ago. Haven't commented much, but have definitely received a lot of great advice from the talks that have helped this year. So thank you. And I'm always up for talking shop.

https://www.facebook.com/Cfhauntedhouse
                      https://twitter.com/CFHauntedHouse
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/CFHauntedHouse
                      (Currently in development and up in a few days) www.cfhauntedhouse.com

Comment

• Sept. 2, 2013

Name: Brian D. Jackson, Ed.D.

Occupation: Educator (plus, performing as a magician has been an enjoyable sideline for 35 years)

Location: Ramer, TN (approx. 100 mi. due east of Memphis)

Haunt name: Derailed

FaceBook: Derailed Haunted House (like us, please)

My business partner, Chris Sweeney, and I are working to develop a new haunted attraction inside a 23,000 sq. ft. building we acquired in Jan. 2013. The building is a two-story, former general store erected in 1906. The property is adjacent to a railroad track; hence, the choice of the name, Derailed. Checkout our backstory at our website, www.derailedhauntedhouse.com. The custom costume for our primary character, Spike, is being created by Kyle Moncrief of Outre_Studios in Jackson GA. Likely, we are not going to meet our initial goal of opening this season. However, we are not beset, we continue to persevere.

Even though we are in a very rural area, there already exists the culture of attending haunts. For the past several decades, the local Jaycees and Ruritan clubs have operated haunts. Although now largely defunct haunts, their patrons are eager to seek out and attend haunted attractions. We are appreciative to those who have labored long and late hours to create such a dedicated following. We hope to build upon and enrich the tradition through our contributions to haunting.

We are new to the industry and are learning more than we could have ever imagined! Two area haunts have really served to inspire us to take this giant step. Arx Mortis in Killen, AL and Disturbia in Huntsville, AL allowed us to develop to a deeper appreciation for the art of haunting. Attending the 2013 TransWorld Show and the 2013 MidWest Haunters Convention were both very valuable experiences for us. Being able to visit The Darkness in St. Louis and The Haunted Hoochie near Columbus, OH encouraged us to develop a great experience for our guests. Plus, the tour of the Unit 70 facility opened our eyes to the labor that goes into the development and detailing of quality props and effects. The HauntWorld magazines and online Fright Forum are vital to us staying current within the industry. We are certainly open to any sound advice, suggestions, tips, ideas, and guidance from all the industry veterans. We appreciate the sage wisdom of Allen Hopps, Ben Armstrong, Ray from The Darkness, and Doug Alan of AutopsyProductions. They have helped us immensely. We also appreciate Larry for providing this forum for all of us to continualy interact.

Comment

• Sept. 2, 2013

I would be remiss if I failed to mention the incredible assistance also provided to us by Ken Donat, of Donat Insurance Services.

Comment

• HI

HI,
                            My name is Von. For the last several years I have attended transworld and Midwest haunters convention and really immersed myself into the professional side of haunting. My plan is to open a pro haunt in 2014. I have a home haunt www.facebook.com/fourmilescarehomrhaunt Love for everyone to check it out! Love the site!

thanks

Comment

• Hey there, Sarge here!

Hey there everyone!

Name: Rory/Sarge
                              Haunt: Screamtown- Chaska, MN

Hey there everyone! This will be my fifth season coming up and Im really excited. I have spent the past 4 seasons out at Terror On The Fox in Green Bay, Wisconsin. It will always be my home haunt. I miss it terribly. Especially riding the train! This year Im at a newer attraction in Chaska called Screamtown. I havent even set foot on the grounds yet, but apparently I will be in the attraction "Meltdown at Sector 666". A bit cheesy, but hey, it is what it is. I have attended MHC once, and look forward to going again this year. Last time I attended was 2012, and I was nominated for one of the top ten scariest characters. That was pretty cool if I do say so myself!

Anyway, Ill see y'all around the boards.

"If I ever hear , "Boo", "Hiss", or "Roar", I will personally kick you in the pants."

Comment

• HELLo From TORONTO CANADA

HELLo from SUDDEN DEATH STUDIOS

We are a special FX facility offering Custom Haunt props, sets, Haunt T-Shirts and HORROR to Independent, Commercial and Theme Parks in the business of scaring the you know what out of everyone.

SUDDEN DEATH STUDIOS is able to provide original, imaginative productions at a competitive price for the general horror fan to the top horror industries.

Previous Manager and Head prop/set designer/ builder for one of Canada's longest running farm haunt (100 acres) as well as a Set builder for Cedar Fair's (Canada's Wonderland Haunt).

Feel free to contact us with any questions, concerns or suggestions.

We would love to hear from you
                                Corey J. Smith
                                SUDDEN DEATH STUDIOS
                                WE GIVE THE BOOGIE MAN NIGHTMARES!
                                WE GIVE THE BOOGIEMAN NIGHTMARES

Comment

Working...
                                X