This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting to say hello.

I work at a local haunt in Ohio, as a volunteer. (I have been working it since I was a kid.)
    I love all things Halloween associated, and have taken costuming from it a bit further into a year long deal. (Not to mention I am always planning scenes, costumes, dialog, décor and such for the haunt I help with.)

My name is Amber, however I also go by Lucillia.
    Anyways, I am looking forward to getting to know yall, and having conversations. (ask well as asking for help if needed, or suggestions.)

Comment

• Hello everybody!!

Hello everybody!!
      New to this Forum.

I run a haunted house called "The Lab of Nightmares," located in New Palestine, Indiana. Currently we are located at our local Lions Club. Been there for about 4 years now. This coming season will be our 5th year at the Club.

We started as a yard haunt which then later grew into a haunted house. We had to move out of the house because the haunt literally went through our entry-way, basement, kitchen, laundry room, garage, backyard, and front yard. It was way too much for one house..

So we've been rocking it out at the Lions Club for the past 4 years! http://forum.hauntworld.com/images/icons/icon6.png

Hopefully this will be our last year at the club, as we plan on going fully pro in 2015.

Thanks for letting me introduce myself!

Can't wait to meet everyone!
      Cameron
      THE LAB OF NIGHTMARES
      The Most INSANE Haunted House Around!

Comment

• I've been lurking...

Hello!
        I've been lurking on this website for about a year and recently became a member.
        I have always loved all things Halloween so it was natural for me to start doing a yard haunt which I did for 7 years. This year I purchased a large house and will get to play/work/sweat 365 days a year. I guess I am now a professional haunter as I know the fire marshal by his first name and he is the 1st speed dial number on my phone.
        I am here to learn, get better, and be scarier!
        So glad to be here.
        Jan/grey lady
        greyhousehaunts.com

Comment

• Greetings Haunters!

Hello Hauntworld! My name is Jaye. I am new to these boards and to the haunting scene in general. I run a small performing arts center/theater in Ohio. This year, we are branching out to include a very experimental "haunt" and I am looking forward to collaborating with all of you. I thank you for all the insight and helpful material on these forums!

KEEP HAUNTING!
          Jaye

Comment

• Hi!

Name is John.

Been going to haunts since I was about 10 years old (32 now).

Just recently started trying to break into the acting side of things.

Also toying with the idea of custom audio design for haunts. Been playing with synths and drum machines since I was about 14/15. Currently have an audio workstation that I've invested well over a few thousand dollars in over the past few years.

Been lurking here for a long time, but after posting in another thread just moments ago, thought it would be a good time for a quick intro!

Comment

• Hi! We are a haunted house that is in our 20th year of operation. Me, being the son of the family, is crazy about it (since I was 5, 15 now) and am pushing more and more in the haunt that my parents have not taken the steps to do. I constantly (year round) am on these types of forums and researching, drawing, brainstorming ideas for our rooms and things that can make us that much better.

Our 20th year introduced major air props and animations as well as more and more steps to get rid of the 'home haunt' feel and turn it into a over-the-top professional haunt. I can't wait to see what is in store for years to come.

Happy haunting!
              THE BLACK FOREST
              22 Years of SCREAMS
              www.facebook.com/BlackForestHaunt

Comment

• Greetings All!

Native Haunt is a small haunt in the making located in rural Middle Tennessee. The haunt will operate as a "haunted trail" located on 5 acres of mostly wooded land. Tennessee has scattered haunts throughout, being directly between Nashville and Knoxville though, the local haunt scene is scarce. This season the closest haunt is +/- 40 miles away.

We had the best of intentions to open this season but good not justify opening a partially completed haunt. Looking forward to the first screams in Fall of 2015!

Myself, I'm a Mechanical Engineer specializing in Automation, Mechanics, and System Dynamics. My wife-to-be is a creative genius, and a master with a paintbrush.
                We're looking to apply our skills to create a unique haunt!

Comment

• I am Ethan

My name is Ethan, I have been interested in haunted houses and scary stuff since as long as I can remember. When I was 8-10 I made small haunted houses down in my basement and I'd have my friends jump out at people and it was a lot of fun. I am currently 12 years old, next October I will be 13. In only four more long years, I'll be working at the Haunted Graveyard. In the meantime, me and my father will be building our own graveyard in the garage we are currently building. My first Haunted House was The Haunted Graveyard at Lake Compounce and when I left I thought It was one of the greatest experiences I ever had. It was. I am a huge fan of Stephen King and right now Im reading It (Look at my profile picture!). My favorite Stephen King novel was Misery. Every year at my house I throw a huge Halloween party and all my friends from school come and we buy and make props ever year. When I was 7 my dad made some huge 12 foot tall hanging skeleton. Don't ask me where he got the materials to build it, but it looks awesome. It has a huge skull and a black robe and creepy fingers. When I was eight we just bought a bunch of props. When I was nine we made a Flying Crank Ghost and we bought black lights to go with it. When I was ten I got the jumping spider from Spirit Halloween. When I was eleven we got an inflatable haunted house archway. Now that I am twelve we got lasers for dance parties and a long tent. Now I don't want to have parties anymore. I want something bigger, better, and scarier. I want my own Haunted House. We have enough props, we have enough woods, and enough lights, and a perfect place to put it all.
                  - Ethan Hall, EEK Productions Owner/Operator

Comment

• Hey Everyone -

John here. Newer member to the forums .. well newly active, but currently a haunt actor and a huge fan of all things Halloween. Looking forward to scoping this place out and getting to know some of you.

Comment

• Hi

Hi, its nice to meet you. What is it like being a haunt actor? Ive always dreamed of working at a haunt. But in a couple years I'll be one.
                      - Ethan Hall, EEK Productions Owner/Operator

Comment

• Charity Haunt in Cedar Lake Indiana

Hey All,

Randal Bogathy (RandalB get it?) here. I coordinate (and come up with ideas, build stuff, do wiring, recruit volunteers, etc,etc, etc) a 100% charity haunt in Cedar Lake, Indiana. We have been using local school gyms for the last 6 years for this program. Came to Haunt World forums because even though we are a small haunt, we are always looking to be more creative and professional.

Our program has been steadily growing over the years and some new things we did for 2014:
                        1) 13 Rooms (10k sq ft of decorated space) with connecting hallways
                        2) Queue line entertainment
                        3) Low voltage lighting throughout
                        4) Independent Sound systems for individual rooms
                        5) Digital video effects
                        6) CC camera coverage
                        7) Photo op at exit (Selfie Station)
                        8) Comment Cards for self improvement and Ideas

We had a budget of $1500 and operated Four nights: 17,18,24 and 25 October from 7-9:30 PM. We had a net donation to our sponsoring charity of over $5000. We charge $5 per guest.

There are some real technological and logistical challenges we have using a school gym but we have a great time with it.

All that being said, I'm glad to have found this forum and hope to contribute some of my experience and learn from you guys.

See ya out there!
                        RandalB

Comment

• Old & then new again

I think I'm starting this off right, it's been several years since I was last on here so I suppose that makes me an "old dog" on, but since it has been so long I'm new once again. My real name is John Elks, I'm no stranger to Transworld or The Darkness. My last time at either was way back in '09, I had a brain surgery take place in '10 so that canceled out that years trip. I hope Transworld will still be around in 2020, that's the earliest I believe I can get my own hha (haunted house attraction) started. Larry, your place as well as several other attractions are & always have been GREAT SOURCES of inspiration to me! Thank you!
                          Last edited by newhorror2010; 01-05-2015, 12:13 AM.
                          John Elks - Staff

www.deathrowhauntedhouse.net

Comment

• Looks like I need to update my profile... that's from back in the day! Haha
                            John Elks - Staff

www.deathrowhauntedhouse.net

Comment

• My name is Mike, I used to rap so a lot of people know me as PayDay. I have always loved dressing up on Halloween. I just started volunteering in the haunted house at my kids' elementary school. I figured this would be a good place to start to try to get some ideas on improving it, because last year it was pretty lame....lol. I already have my costume for next year, Freddy Krueger.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420615098.996912.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420615126.588688.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420615208.190321.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420615230.986462.jpg

....hopefully it's not TOO SCARY for an elementary school, but I guess we'll see...lol

Comment

• Hi, my name is Marc. My family and I have been doing a small free yard haunt for about the last 6 years. We build about 80% of our stuff and last year got into Picaxe controllers and expanded from just our front yard to a small walk through haunt. We are in a small neighborhood so very happy with the 125 average last couple of years. We are looking at the possibilities of going to the next level. 2015 is planned our intro into pneumatics so if nothing else should be interesting

Comment

Working...
                                X