Masks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masks

I am just trying to find a good (economical) supplier for haunt masks. I am still on a very limited budget and would be unable to spend thousands on masks. Where do most of you buy your masks?

If you say Walmart then I will puke!

I know that makeup can give a better realism but I don't have time to deal with 70 actors to get in makeup.

Your advice would sure help out.

Ryan
    "....Any youth who makes security his main goal, shackles himself at the very start of life's race."
    - Clarence Birdseye

Ryan, what are you looking for?
    Theme?
    Thanks, Jeff
    www.thefrighteners.com

www.IronStock.com
    www.HauntForum.com
    www.MidWestHauntersConvention.com

Comment

Haunted Media DVD magazine has some awesome segments in their issues 4 and 5 on Mask Augmentation. They show you how to take cheap $5 masks and using household materials transform them into AWESOME custom creations. I really recomend it , you can make your own characters that your guests will have never seen before! Plus it is cheap.

http://hauntedmedia.com/products.shtml#issue4
      www.HauntGraphics.com

Comment

good question

As for the haunted media. I have just bought all their DVD's and one of them is on the mask augmentation.

As for the theme, That is not something that I have narrowed down just yet. We will most likely be a haunt with the theme changing every 2 to 3 rooms. We do not have a haunt that is all one theme. I know there is lots of people that will scold me for it but that is just how the haunts in our area work and that is basically how I know them. I guess I am looking for a website that offers good masks at economical prices. I have been on some sites that their masks are hundred of dollars and that is just not there. I was hoping more for the $30-$60 range.

Ryan
        "....Any youth who makes security his main goal, shackles himself at the very start of life's race."
        - Clarence Birdseye

Comment

A majority of these masks are in the $60 range:
          http://deathstudios.com/Masks/Masks.cfm
          http://bumpinthenightproductions.com...t.asp?cat=Mask
          http://www.darksidestudio.com/

I get alot of masks from fright catalog ( http://www.frightcatalog.com/Halloween-Masks/ ) they are cheap but most of the time I change them , a good thing to do when using cheap masks is to cut the eye holes about 2 inches bigger than they come standard ( be sure to make up the eye area of your actor so it doesn't look too cheesey) , this increases your actor's visibility and the overall safety of your haunt.

I hope that helps you.
          www.HauntGraphics.com

Comment

Gallows, I recommend buying slip masks and creating your own cheap masks by adhering the slip to a sock mask, we carry a great line of slip masks , as well as Screamline studios,Alot of haunts do this. its a cheap affordable way to have some great looking masks.
            Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Yes! Buy the absolutely cheapest $3.oo mask, cut it in half, turn it inside-out, sew it back together again and maybe paint it and nobody will have ever seen this creation before! (Except in their nightmares!?)
              Of course just reaching into a wallet and paying is easier, unless you happen to have a wallet like mine!
              (It might as well be a "Mummy-Wallet' sewn shut and buried in the desert!)
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

GET A MAKE-UP ARTIST!!!! Go to your local colleges theater dept. and post-up (with permission) ads/flyers looking for a volunteer make-up artist. Trust me, you WILL find help. Students are ALWAYS looking for ways to add to their resume... this is where you would come in! -Tyler
                Chris Riehl
                Sales@spookyfinder.com
                (586)209-6935
                www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Take your wallet, cut it in half, turn it inside out and sew it back together and paint it. Using this as a diversion, when you pull this wallet out you will automatically qualify for some kind of discount. Then watch Ebay for things that come up for sale. They can't see your wallet from the other dimension.
                  sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

..in a previous post today I identified my wallet as being a Mummy wallet, sewn shut and buried in a desert..for thousands of year....the Jim Savings Plan.
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Open the wallet, cut just the ends so the leather folds into a sheet about 8 inches by 9 inches. put a sting on each side with the crease being in the opposite direction from the sides with the strings. Cut two eye holes in it and tie it on your head.

This becomes actually two masks as one side gives that worn leather look, the other side, wearing it inside out can be sample credit cards and expired AAA membership cards sticking out of all the little pockets.

More wallets can be found at garage sales and flea markets.

In a deep gruff monster voice ask "What's in your wallet?" Get your haunt to be sponsored by Capital One.
                      sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

MASKS

Hi TheGallows,

Issue 4 and 5 of Haunted Media DVD Magazine have the Mask Augmentation segments. They are easy to follow and our taught my CIFX company.

Scott Broad
                        hauntedmedia.com

Comment

I think I still have a mask upstairs I made about 20 years ago of "The Clown Lawyer From Mars!"
                          He has a hose-nose with a trombone end on it, a horn in the middle of his forehead, he sucks your wallet out of your pocket with the hose-nose, flips it up, impaling it on his head-horn, ripping it open and eats the money as it falls passed his face. Of course still stuck to the horn were some shreds of bloody underware from when he got too excited during the hunt and simply impaled the rearend, ripping the pocket from the pants.
                          As silly as this mask is, I once scared an old man on the street (not trying to) in broad daylight.
                          "Broad Daylight" by definition must be the optimum lighting for looking at women, "Broads"?
                          Then they want you to pick them up in the dark of the night?
                          (Maybe they couldn't stand looking at me?)
                          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Get a Morris Costumes book.

http://www.morriscostumes.com/

They don't make anything, but Morris destributes for all the most popular suppliers. Thier prices are just a tad over 'normal' wholesale if you bought directly from each of the manufactures. However, they are easy to deal with and set up accounts quickly. You can place orders on their toll free number and pay by credit card. Get lots of masks from lots of different companies from the el-cheepo junk to several of the Prestige lines.

They also sell costumes, make up and props. It's a really good place to start.
                            ------------------------
                            The child is grown, the dream is gone.
                            I have become comfortably numb.

Comment

Masks

Take a look here
                              www.lubattidesigns.com
                              His half masks are great for haunting. Good vision, great quality, and reasonable price
                              Kevin R. Alvey
                              info at gore-galore.com
                              www.gore-galore.com
                              www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
                              www.youtube.com/goregalore13
                              www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X