No announcement yet.

Masks or Prosthetics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, I have a CFX mask, and it's amazing! But after only one season off haunting in it, maybe, 13 nights, it's thrashed. The paint job is thrashed, and one of the corners of the mouth has some separation. I was the only one who used this mask this season. I was planning on using many silicone masks in my haunt, but the wear and tear they endure makes me nervous. It's hard for me to trust that my actors will take care of them... It's a huge investment, as each mask is over $800, so if that lasts only a season or two, I have to question the investment...

How do you guys ensure you get the most life out of your silicone masks?
    Tanner Phillips
    Mastermind
    The Darkest Hour
    http://darkesthourhaunt.com

Comment

Every year a haunt owner can change his mind and come up with a different answer. After yet another season I still like the masks because they are faster, easier, and now they look incredible. You can spend thousands on a make up artist, make up, and appliances when you could buy masks which go on in about 1 minutes. By the way some of suggested appliances those can only be used so many times and they are expensive as well. I like the foam latex masks if they can make an entire season great they cost what $300 bucks maybe... you can't put an actor in make up for that cost over the season. The silicon masks are just on a level that would take hours upon hours to create with make up.

I'm staying with masks.

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Kiss

KISS Keep It Simple Stupid. All my actors blow in from other jobs barely making it on time. Now we do step it up a little with some Gore Galore big costumes. But I have people coming from out of state every year to see...brace yourselves...masks they can buy at their local Halloween store as well. (Digging my foxhole now to escape incoming barrage)

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Working...
        X