Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hello,
    I am new to the forum. I am planning to open up a haunt in 2008. I was told by Kelly Allen to come and chat here for Ideas and help on things. I read Mr Allens Book and now my friend and I are moving forward getting all our ducks in a row for this.

Question I have is Is it better to try and build the haunt yourself or purchase one from Like Halloween Productions or Creative Visions or some other Co that builds them.

Thanks all for your time and I am glad to be a part of this forum.

Dennis Moyer

Do you have any building experience? Do you have tools?
    If you will be teaching yourself how to opertate tools, it might be better to buy ready-made, if you have the funds?
    It is a different "Ball Game" for each of us, depending upon alot of personal things.
    To have one's own haunt also (usually) requires a great amount of physical ambition, the kind that powers you to keep going even when you would like to stop. That clock just keeps ticking...can you hear it?
    (Insert evil laugh here~)
    You sure don't have to provide any answers to my public questions, they are just for you to contemplate, mostly, and I am trying to help you, not being a smart-azz, really.
    Good Luck no matter what.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Um Power tools? Or um never mind on what I was going to say.. HEE HEE. I have a friend that is a Framer. I could pay him to do the Building portion.

Comment

Hey Dennis! Welcome to the HauntWorld family! You know my thoughts on this topic from my book. I just wanted to welcome you aboard and let you know that I'll try to jump in and offer whatever help I can when I can. I'm still learning myself, but I'll be happy to help you learn from my mistakes so that you can avoid some of the pitfalls we've encountered. :wink:

Kel
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Welcome and your name is familiar!
          I believe I've seen you on many other forums?
          Thanks, Jeff
          www.thefrighteners.com

www.IronStock.com
          www.HauntForum.com
          www.MidWestHauntersConvention.com

Comment

Jack-Skellington? Or my Real Name Dennis Moyer?

Yes Mr Allen your book has helped a great deal. I cannot thanks you enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Skellington
              ? Or my Real Name Dennis Moyer?
              Mostly Jack-Skellington...
              Thanks, Jeff
              www.thefrighteners.com

www.IronStock.com
              www.HauntForum.com
              www.MidWestHauntersConvention.com

Comment

Nope this is the only forum I have used under this name. Besides my other forums for my EQ Stuff.

I am glad to be here and I see i will be able to chat and get Ideas and help form everyone. TY for the warm welcome.

So anyone know much on Copyright Stuff? I was thinking of using the name Midian From (Nightbreed Movie) as the name of my haunt. WOuld there be a Copyright issue if I used? Or should I maybe spell it Midiun?

Comment

Midian...

Jack S,

You should be ok using the name Midian free and clear from copyrights. It is an ancient city from the Bible. The Original Hewbrew word means 'strife' or 'judgement'.

Just make sure to check that no one else in your area is using it as the name of their haunt. Or change it up and call it Midian's Gate or some-such name.

Good luck,

Gahaunter
                  Lee D. Sanders

Comment

Thanks You very much on the Insite I was not aware. LOL Man there are two haunts out here and I can tell u THEY are not that great at all.. And the name Midian is not even close to being used. So TY again for your help on that.

Comment

Welcome to the boards, Jack S.!

I'd venture to say that it's really up to you as to if you buy a ready-made haunt or build your own. A lot factors into either one. Best of luck! Be sure to post any questions you come up with, you're sure to find valuable info on this board.
                      www.mindseizure.com
                      www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Well we have our own haunt that we built from the ground up, so from that point of view I have a lot more pride in the craftsmanship and details of the haunt. It is an extention of me, in my eyes. Now yes the blood, sweat and lack of sleep are unmeasureable, and its not to say that the pre-made ones aren't good quality, but I feel that I have more pride in ours because it is OURS.
                        I came here to do two things, kick some a$$ and chew some bubble gum...and I'm all out of bubble gum.

www.ScaredYou.com www.TheHauntingFields.com

Comment

As a general rule, I would suggest building from the ground up. The main reason for that is that you can design the haunt to fit your own theme and location. Wall panels are not that difficult to build (though very time consuming) and if you buy a premade haunt, you will still have to assemble it.

Two exceptions to this. First, if you find a used haunt at a good price it can end up being a good deal. If you find a haunt with great artwork, and you don't have the skills to do that yourself, you might consider purchasing a haunt, other than that, I would just built it.

Welcome to the boards and good luck with your new venture.
                          Lords of Chaos, LLC
                          House of Chaos Haunted Attraction

Comment

Re: Hello

Originally posted by Jack_Skellington
                            Hello,
                            I am new to the forum. I am planning to open up a haunt in 2008. I was told by Kelly Allen to come and chat here for Ideas and help on things. I read Mr Allens Book and now my friend and I are moving forward getting all our ducks in a row for this.

Question I have is Is it better to try and build the haunt yourself or purchase one from Like Halloween Productions or Creative Visions or some other Co that builds them.

Thanks all for your time and I am glad to be a part of this forum.

Dennis Moyer
                            Hello Dennis,
                            Just wanted to wish you the best on opening your haunt!
                            Do you have an insatiable appetite for Halloween? Are you intrigued, rather than disgusted with gore? If so, you must be ALittleFreaky too.

Comment

Welcome aboard Jack.... er... Dennis.....
                              umm.... :wink:

I'm Virgil and a write spooky music!!
                              Virgil: Master Of The Ethermuse

Comment

Working...
                              X