Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted to share this with you all...

Hi, Everyone,

I have been home-haunting for the past couple years. It had been a very fun, learning experience, but I really wanted to find a location that wouldn't be affected by bad weather.

Late last year, I approached the Director at our local YMCA to see if I could help with their 2010 haunt. They were excited to have me a part of the team (they did not know how into Haunting I really was at the time). Before I knew it, early this year, I was announced the Co-Director for the haunted house, after they figured out what I could really do, and how dedicated I am. I manage everything from construction, set design, to actors.

Unfortunately, their event has only ever been scheduled to open for one weekend, so I had to stick with that for this year. We were opened this past weekend, and it was a huge success. The YMCA was shocked at how the haunt turned out, they had no idea what my crew and I had in store. They announced last week that with all the work we put into it, we will definitely be open for multiple weekends next year.

For the 2 nights we were open (7-10pm) we had around 200 people go through on Friday, and over 300 on Saturday with nothing but great reviews. People were terrorized all night long, from screams, to others laughing at their friends scream.

Here is an article that a reporter from our local paper wrote on me this past week... http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2...ex_html?page=1

I wanted to share this with everyone on here because I am a younger haunter (15), and it really was a big step up for me, not to mention a great learning experience. I wanted to also thank all of you who have helped me out along the way! (And a special thanks to Allen Hopps, he's always got an answer!)

Thanks,
    Jake
    Last edited by scarygoat; 10-25-2010, 07:16 PM.

Proud of you,
    Great Job!
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

CONGRATS to you on your accomplishments!!! This is another one of those special moments where a kids creativity comes to life. I could not be more proud and happy for such a young home haunter.

9 years for me in home haunting and I'm still waiting!!!

Mr. Haunt

Comment

Congrats and best of luck next year!
        Come see what lies BENEATH!
        www.cagleshauntedbarn.com

Comment

Congratulations Jake! The degree of success you achieve will be your choice, not someone elses.

Comment

Good Job

Keep your show family friendly and you will have large crowds and not have to deal with people who are intent on valdalizing your hard work. I'm glad you are having success. Keep up the good work and polish polish polish everything that works and you will grow fast.

Stu

Comment

Great!

Keep up that momentum and passion...you have the talent and the drive....don't lose site of it for one minute. If you can turn your hobby into a career, you're set, buddy. If you ever need any advice, don't hesitate to ask.

Comment

great job, that sounds very exciting! Keep looking forward!
                juan garcia
                alteredfleshfx@aol.com

Comment

Thank you all for the kind words, it means a lot.

I will be uploading a video walkthrough taken at night of the haunt soon. It should be pretty good quality. Once I get it, I will post it here.

- Jake

Comment

Working...
                  X