Serious Haunted house question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious Haunted house question

I have been considering making a haunted house for about 5 years and have not done so for all the wrong reasons. Everyone told me it would not work in the area or the cost and more. I waited and low and behold two have opened up since and they are doing great. Never again will I let this happen. I make 40k a year now and hate my job. I am not doing this to make millions, I truly love the entire field. I do have some questions if the experts can help. Thanks in advance.

1. How much money should i get loaned to me?
    2. Should I expect some profit because I know the 2 that are here are?
    3. When should I start?
    4. How big should I go and does design matter?
    5. The City has about a million people in it but does have some bad places as far as crime. Should that matter when looking or should traffic flow matter more.

Anything else you could add would help. I love this forum and look forward to adding to the list of haunts. I will do what it takes. Thanks.

Dave.

Dave... my .02

A haunt is a HIGH RISK business. It would be my advice to NEVER borrow money for your start-up capital. Instead, start small and work your way up.

As far as profit goes, business etiquete suggests that you don't open a business unless you can afford to go 2 years without making a profit.

Good luck!!!
    Come see what lies BENEATH!
    www.cagleshauntedbarn.com

Comment

Thanks for the info. I can't wait to get started!

Comment

I agree. Don't go in debt to the bank to begin with. They won't make the loan anyway, not in these times. Use your savings, keep costs down, deliver more than people expect, and let it grow.
        www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Comment

Working...
        X