Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of the season pranks...

What traditions do you guys carry on?
    Our first year last year we all got drenched with cooler water and bottled water. This year we wanted to continue the tradition on.

In our que area there are 4 ways in and out. We had it planned for after we closed we would round all the actors up sit them down in the room tell them how great of a job they did etc. While they were listening to our cast director talk to them we got sneaky. Putting plywood on three of the four exits unnoticed, and also closing our bay door, essentially there are 20+ people trapped in a 20by 20 square.

My wife and I got up to talk to them on top of another structure from outside the walls. Once we said thanks we told them they were locked in the room, then Brad came over the other side of the wall with a water hose and soaked them all! Got it all on film too, have to process it today then will post a video! It was a well designed and executed plan!

You all are EVIL!!!! Glad you didn't soak us Saturday night! Way to cold to drive an hour home.........Had a great time helpig out!!! Awesome Haunt guys!

Sue
    http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Comment

I wouldnt call it a prank but at my families orchard someone put straw into our Plastic Drainage tunnel and caught it on fire..Its a total lose..It usally happens sometime during the season someone they destroy our property somehow....Last year it was the Tent...Year before they burnt down an already burnt house down...Its really getting old
      Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

The other night after we closed. I moved the suit of armour thats in the first room of the haunt back close to the exit. One of the guys who helps me was outback. I told him one of the industrial lights around the corner was messin up and asked him if he could look at it. He went around the first corner as I watched. He practically ran in place like Shaggy and Scooby Doo do. As he did a AAAAYYY AAAAYYY sound like the 3 Stooges when they get scared. It was hilarious! I should of video taped it so you all could see what Im talking about! Ha ha! Its more fun scaring actors than customers! Because they are working for you and shouldnt get startled working in the haunt but they do.
        Damon
        Damon Carson

Comment

A tradition.
          The last night, it never fails- the combine driver hides my combine.

2 years ago found it on the neighbors farm a week after we ended.
          http://www.springborohauntedhayride.com/links.html

Comment

Not exactly a tradition, but our hours are stated as being from 8 till midnight. Saturday night was very big though, with a line stretching out the deck and down the ramp and along the road. Many of them had waited close to an hour. Midnight rolled around and I slid the metal door open and quieted everyone down for an announcement:

"Okay folks, it's exactly 12 AM, and we close at midnight so come back tomorrow. We open at 8." As they stood there blinking with their jaws agape, I slammed the gate shut in their faces and waited a second or two while the moaning started. Then I yanked it open again and yelled, "Just kidding! It's Halloween! Get in here!"

Yes, we get a little punch-happy when Halloween rolls around. They were great though.
            www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Comment

Yeah it did work out great for a few minutes, until our largest actor got smart and literally kicked a door off its hinges!!

Several actors came up behind me and blasted me with ice cold water from the coolers.

It encited an all out water fight through out some of the haunt and outside.

And all the bosses got it the worst I think!!

All in good fun and keeping with a new tradition.
              Brad Bowen
              Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
              www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Working...
              X