Arrested for groping multiple haunt actors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrested for groping multiple haunt actors

Where was security after the first offense?

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...d-house-groper

At our haunt in Philadelphia the guy would have been taken out in handcuffs after the first person he touched, as a matter of fact it said he was drunk so he would not have gotten in passed our front door.

Comment

We had a guy grope one of our zone managers a few nights. He was arrested under a minute later.... By the zone managers father, one of the local county officers we hire for uniformed security.

I think we had 6 or 7 arrests this year.
      -Brandon Kelm
      Operations Manager & Technical Director

sigpic

Comment

yeah, I know things can happen pretty fast, but there should have been a roamer or break actor that could have gotten the word out fast. This is where walkie talkies and communication are paramount to safety.

And, spot on about the gate, he should have never gotten in. This is partly why there has to always be more than a 'kid' taking gate, easily intimidated, especially by a drunk.

Comment

I wish it was all that easy.

The article doesn't say how far apart the actors are or what kind of time span it took place in. If the actors were all in the same area, I could see this easily happening. We have security doing constant walk throughs, but the unfortunately we can't be everywhere all the time. We deal with security issues on a nightly basis, in the haunted attraction industry it's a little different.

It's dark, the actor might be wearing a mask that partially obstructs their view, the might have a set light shining in their face, etc. If they're in a highly red-lit room and the actor tells us that they have a light red hoodie on, the guy in the white hoodie gets walked right past now that he's in a different part of the haunt. Every night during our actor speech, Ethan goes over and trys pounding it in their head, get a good description!, but we generally end up with something like "a black shirt and jeans 5 minutes ago". Well hell, by now they're in the maze, a 4300sq ft maze mind you. This is why it can take so long to find someone.
          -Brandon Kelm
          Operations Manager & Technical Director

sigpic

Comment

yeah, there are always a lot of variables, not sure why this guy made the wire services. With the reaching under clothing of a minor he could be facing felony sexual assault charges.

@ Brandon, do you guys do a radio promo with the Stillers every year? Saw the I posted the video on here a few weeks ago with Ward, Hampton, et al. I go to PIT once a year to see them play, fan since I could get in a four point stance.

Comment

Working...
            X