Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What vendors product gave you the best bang for the buck????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What vendors product gave you the best bang for the buck????

What vendors product gave you the best bang for your scare dollar in 2010... what did you buy that helped your business grow, that got the most pr for your haunt, something your customers talked about the most, what tell us ... what do you suggest we all look at that worked for you and what didn't work out so well????

Here I go...

the masks from Precict 13 are awesome. They are easy to use and worth every penny. I bought 100 of them or more and they worked like a champion...

The favorite masks are the ones from SPFX and CFX those masks are very real looking and worked great or the best for actors outside trying to scare people in the lines. We will get MORE!

The boom stick was a huge hit... the batteries didn't work well there are some flaws but when they worked they got awesome results.

We bought a bunch of Scarefactory animations but you wont' believe this... we didn't use ANY, we never hooked them up anywhere they say out the 2010 season however we will use them next year. We simply ran out of time and didnt' know where to put them... all are awesome better than at the show itself the detail is amazing we will build much of the darkness 2011 around them.

The stuff we got from UNIT 70 simply made our haunts the rat and the gator are simply awesome. All the static figures are just amazing.

Nothing we bought really didn't work a couple animations had a lot of problems and need some work but other than that great year from vendors.

I will say that our best results are with the falling barrel wall... when people come out the back end and say and mention it by name you know it had a huge impact. So the best overall animation we had was on the one we built. The falling ceiling was second place in terms of animations.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Gargoyle Shock

Gargoyle Shock may not be best bang for the buck...but it was best bang. I figured it would get 50% of people....it got 97%. Customers are used to seeing animatronics at beginning of my trail to set mood. There was a scream or comment from every group that went by it. I didn't even use the big strobe or fog machine with it. Had a blue flood light indirectly lighting it and a cheap strobe flashing in background. Put a girl in costume who can SCREAM! Gave her a closed coffin to step off onto same level as base of animation. had a open coffin leaning on top of closed coffin with Distortions simple electric skeleton that sits up. Gave it a cheesy look to it to even further distract customers. I have bought Scarefactory Slayer with arch, Scissor Serpeant and Impaler which got "thats cool" comments in past. Gargoyle Shock got the "I never saw that coming" and all kinds of explitives from 'shocked" customers. Traded it off for Scarefactory hallway 2 hell for 2011...but gargoyle comes back to my place in 2012.

Comment

Who makes gargoyle shock? any link?
      Shawn
      Fear Engineer
      HauntedHouse.ca

Comment

I think more time was spent trying to fix our boomsticks than actually using them. They really need to make some improvements on it. When it worked it was great and everyone loved it, only problem is it only seemed to work 50% of the time...

The crowd favorite for us was the Pale Night Zombie Window... that thing got everybody.
        Jordan Renda
        www.NightTerrorsHauntedHouse.com

Comment

Shawn, that is made by Distortions.
          www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
          http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Great scare..

We had the Distortions Electric Chair in one area of a room, which has been around forever - but still gives a great mini-show, and put the watchers at ease for only a moment.. then we had the Distortions "The Shocker" at the other end of the room... when the actor stood up at the customers, it floored just about everyone... nobody expected that coming, the back wall took a beating, lol... great scare at a great price.

Also, the Distortions Electric chair (DU1280) is no more. They will not be producing any more of the electric/wooden chair models, only the air powered metal chairs. So if you have one.. hold on to it.

Paul

Comment

Thanks Allen!
              Shawn
              Fear Engineer
              HauntedHouse.ca

Comment

spooky props cattle prod

I spent $125 on that spooky props cattleprod. That thing was great. Worked perfect and got a large amount of screams. I was going to build a spark fence but ran out of time. This thing took the spot of the spark fence and I don t think I will build a spark fence. I will just use my spooky prop. Great "bang for the buck."
                Marketing wise i think my Gore Galore oversized costume was hard to beat. It will pay for itself by the end of next season.
                Capt.Chaos
                Fear Asylum Haunted House
                Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

i have great attendance and the creepy babies from spirit rockssss!!!

Comment

Run-A-Way Train

Not sure who made it but the run-a-way train ROCKED!!!!! It was put at the end of the 3d maze, rail road tracks painted on the floor and the walls painted like a tunnel, a 50,000 watt sub woofer with train and wind sounds that shook the walls. and then you pushed through some fear flaps and all was dark, all you could see was a exit sign up a head. People thought the haunt was over and started for the exit and then BAM!!!! Train !!!!! Scared the hell out of them, even grown men would hit the floor. God I miss it already!
                    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

BEST bang for the BUCK ?

the " Crackers " from Digital sound and light !!!!!

Best $100 i spent this year !!!

Casey ........... CREEP HOUSE

Comment

I'll second the Robert Kurtzman/Creature Corps masks and costumes! Although our foam sock masks started peeling/falling apart mid-season... still some of the best money we spent!

Also, our vacu-form and chomper chair from Rodney over at NightScream... BEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK EVER!! We just got done with a horror/paranormal convention here in town... PLENTY of horror celebrities, but guess what... MORE PICTURES WITH OUR CHOMPER CHAIR THAN ANY OF THE CELEBS!! Except maybe George Romaro, he had a 5-hour line! Hahaha... still, that chair is a marketing orgasm!

-Tyler
                        Chris Riehl
                        Sales@spookyfinder.com
                        (586)209-6935
                        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Working...
                        X