care for fog machines in the off season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• care for fog machines in the off season

So this is the 1st year I can actually enjoy the days after the season and think through the whole process instead of being concerned with packing everything up, transporting it to our storage facility and unloading and storing. Can anyone remind me of how to properly store fog machines? I had though I had read about running vinegar though them or something?
    www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

400 watt wal mart garbage

Throw them away. Recycle them. Buy a f-100 or at least have one that's 1,000 watts. Then, we'll talk..............froggys fog rules !!!!!

Comment

Chuck, just curious what a more expensive fogger can do than an el cheapo walmart one can not? I have had el cheapo ones since 2004 and many of them still worked fine this season.....

Just sayin
      www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

you must have gotten a good one!

good for you!!!!! I must know at least 6 different people who have the walmart-target-party city- sam's club- 400 watt jobs. 400 only this applies to !!!!(some last 1 season- maybe 2 with luck) nothing but pump failure, clogged jets, one exploding heater, (YES !), and just horrible performance. what do you want for $15.00 at target the day after halloween? If your have had better luck, then, you're a good person who can pick the good units not made on a monday or a friday. I'm just speaking from experience. for me, F-100 by lightwave or nothing. (just my opinion.) continued success with yours!!!!

Comment

Do nothing. Leave them filled with fog juice and store them away. Haven't had one die yet doing that. Only try to clean them if they clog.

Later

Comment

empty fog juice and run distilled water thru em
            in order to see the orchestra ...you must turn your back on the crowd...

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
            www.DEADACRES.COM

Comment

one way to keep ur fog machines clean is to use distilled water. not sure if this is the same stuff that party city sells as fog machine cleaner. but it is what i have used in the past.
              Henry GQ - Fear Factory Erie, Pennsylvania. www.fearfactoryerie.com

Comment

I have heard 50/50 on viniger and distiled water. I know Target was selling this for $5.

Got my foggers at Target, they are used only about 5 hours every year and only had to replace one in the last 10 years of home haunting.

Mr. Haunt

Comment

I would'nt run vinegar through it. Run distilled water. I had a dumb ass partner that ran vinegar through his and screwed his fogger up! Idiot!
                  Damon
                  Damon Carson

Comment

Fog Machine care & storage

I used to do the distiolled water and viniger thing but found that perfectly care for machines weren't working the next time I went to use them. I have heard of some manufacturers who say that the water actually causes some rusting which blocks things up. I don't do it anymore, A just leave some fluid in the works and it seems to keep things lubed up just fine.

As to the cheapo Sams club vs a good machine...there is no comparison. The heating elements on the bigger units stay hot longer which allows the units to produce much more fog for a far longer period of time. The smaller units shut down to re-heat too quickly. Some units actually have 2 heating coils in them so they can produce virtually unlimited fog and never have to shut down to re-heat.

Hey...as long as what you use works for you Rich Hanf

Comment

Working...
                    X