Wrapping up 2010 and some sad news!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrapping up 2010 and some sad news!

Wow! This was quite a year. We had the best reviews that we have ever received. The haunt rocked hard every night. Our customers told us it was our best year! It was by far the scariest haunt I have ever produced.

We have the best actors in the business and that is what makes us stand out from the rest of the haunted attractions. Although there was a lot of stress this year, it was one of my favorite years ever.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank my very loyal staff who I love with all my heart! Without all of you, I don't know how I would make it through every season. You guys keep me smiling every night and pick me up when I am down. You are all like my family and I know I am like yours.

Now for some very sad news. Because of some major health problems I am having, I am forced to stop operating the haunted house. Some of my problems leave me having too hard of a time with the construction portion and the stress from owning this type of business is effecting me in some other ways. The good news is I am proud to announce that I have sold the haunted house to the guys from the Deadland Haunted House. They have operated the last couple seasons near Flint. Unfortunately, this year right before they were scheduled to start constructing their haunt, their landlord leased their building out from under them, forcing them to take this season off. These guys put on one hell of a show and will be stepping in to our location to provide metro Detroit with a new attraction that will be sure to wow you all. I am also pleased to announce that I will be staying on in 2011 as a consultant. Please come out next year and show them the same love as you have shown me over the last 8 years. I have promised them that we have some of the most loyal customers around, who will come out every year as long as they get a good show at a reasonable price. I have no doubt that they will continue in my absence to provide you with a top notch haunted attraction.

I would also like to thank all the great people I have met and worked with in this industry, including all the haunt owners and industry vendors. It always amazes me the dedication and hard work you all put into your shows and merchandise. I look forward to seeing the improvements and innovations in the years to come.

In closing, I would really like to thank our loyal customers who have come out year after year to support Deadly Intentions. You have truly inspired me to come up with completely new concepts and ideas every year. You force me to challenge myself to redesign the attraction every year so that you could always have a fresh new show to visit every time you come out. I have truly appreciated all the nice comments and reviews over the last 8 years. You cannot even start to imagine how great that makes me feel when you tell us how much you like the show. Our customers and the love of haunting is why I have stayed in the business for 25 years! I promise that if I can get my health issues resolved, someday when you least expect it, Deadly Intentions may be resurrected with an all new attraction. In the mean time, I wish all of you the best and scariest haunt seasons that you could ever dream of.

Sincerely,

Howie “Slobber” Erlich
    Owner
    Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction
    1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Howie..........

Being from Pennsylvania, I never got a chance to see your haunt. I hear your haunt ROCKS big time! This news is a shocker to all that will read it. Your place is one of the main staples in the haunt industry, and hopefully YOU will be back at the helm soon. Best of luck to you in your future plans, and I hope your health issues are resolved soon and with complete recovery. Take care, my friend, though I never met you in person, reading your posts here and checking out your website, I feel like I know you. Wishing you only the best always, Regards, Chuck.. This is a very SAD day in the haunt world.

Comment

Howie,

We have never met either, but I want to take the time to say thanks for your hard work doing what we all love to do. SCARE the crap out of people!!!

I hope that what ever health isssues you might have goes away AND GET HEALTHY. I can tell that you will be missed deeply by locals and other haunters, but I'm happy to hear that you will still be around on the forum from time to time.

I wish you the best and hope to see you back in action in the near future!!!

GET WELL SOOOOOOOOOOON!!!

Mr. Haunt

Comment

I hate to see a haunter have to leave the business for what ever reason, but in this case, hopefully it's the best decision for you to make right now.

Good luck on any new ventures in your future, and I hope that you can get some good health back soon.
        Brad Bowen
        Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
        www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Thanks everybody!

Howie
          1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

Thank you to all the people who sent me PM's and emails wishing me luck and health. I really appreciate it! I am working on my health situation and plan on getting well as soon as possible. Seeing another back surgeon and going to an Oncologist in a couple of weeks! I will continue to visit this forum and post when I feel I have something useful to contribute. I am also considering writing a book on my 25 years in the haunting business. I have some great stories that could be included that would make every haunter laugh and cry!

Howie "Slobber" Erlich

Comment

go for it !

sounds like a great read !!!!! good luck with that !

Comment

Working...
              X