real funeral home haunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• real funeral home haunt

Hey I'm new to the site I recently bought a real funeral home that is no longer in service and looking to make a real horror haunted funeral home that would be run all year round for the month of october being a horror house then in the other months make a murder mistery dinner style group rentals that people can use for birthdays or groups outings if u have any advice it would be great I'm located in ottawa ontario canada and the city really needs this. there is nothing around like it there nothing scary just little wagon rides and stuff that are meant for kids but im looking to make something adult based . if any one can give me some advice that would be great if any one with experience and willing to give me a hand it would be great im starting now for the 2011 hunt season
    Ottawa's hunted funeral home - come in if you dare:evil:

info

i have a building that was built in 1872 and was used as a funeral home for the past 40 yrs . i recently purchased the property and i am amazed at the possibilities for a real hunt you can make at this location. I have the property and amazing location in canada's capital and only 1 2o min away from motreal !!!! there is a huge market here for a real horror house . i love halloween and this is a dream almost come true to me . I am looking for people in the industry that are interested in a partnership and also help. i am new to this but i belive this can be a huge success it a awsome locattion filled with history ...... oh did i mention there is a real cemetery behind the back yard and also a church in the background perfect location !!!!! i have had meetings with the towns officials and there all for this to bost the areas turistsim. we are looking at doing a year round haunt with dinner parties and restaurant in the summer month the funeral home is also located 15 min away from canada's largest water park there is soo much opportunities here i just need a little help
    Ottawa's hunted funeral home - come in if you dare:evil:

Comment

Sounds like you need to consider attending one of the haunt conventions, and taking some of their classes/lectures.

Link: Transworld

Link: Hauntcon

Best of luck to you!

Comment

Also attend the midwest haunters convention. http://midwestshow.com/
        Brian Warner
        Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
        Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
        Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

Just knowing what the building is isn't much to start with. What experience and skills are you bringing to this? Have you run a business? Have you worked with haunts before? What research have you done? Do you have construction experience? Acting experience? Prop experience? Do you have a business plan? Is this a side business, or are you trying to make a living off of this? In either case, do you know how much you need to do to be "successful"?

What areas are you trying to get advice about and which parts are you bringing expertise to the table.
          sigpic

There are three rules to designing a haunt. Unfortunately, nobody knows what they are.

Haunt: www.ScarecrowTheater.com

Comment

You should come to 2n annual Haunters Con. in London Ont. in May... I did a sem./Make & Take last year and were doing another one this year... There are many Diff. classes you can take and you will learn so much + meet meny vendors... I would also attend any of the other Con. they are great! and so much fun, you can learn so much in just one weekend...

Comment

I would stick with the theme of the funeral home. Come on haunt world and ask as many questions you can think of. Buy as many videos you can get your hands on for haunted houses ect.And Attend the Transworld Halloween show in St. Louis this March. Damon
              Damon Carson

Comment

Working...
              X