Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fear Factory in Erie, Pennsylvania

Hello everyone!
    there will be a new haunt in Erie, Pennsylvania in 2011. we are calling it Fear Factory Erie!

Erie is located 2 hours north of Pittsburgh, an hour and a half east of Cleveland, an a hour and a half south west of Buffalo and 45 minutes west of Jamestown/Warren/Bradford.

Fear Factory Erie will be located inside the Metropolitan building otherwise known as the Metropolitan NightClub(144 west 13th street erie pa 16502). however the haunt will be on the 2nd and 3rd floor each consisting of 8,000 square feet!
    the nightclub will still be on the main floor
    its already pretty freaky on both the 2nd and 3rd floors. and we hope to make it even more scary with all the special effects, props, animatronics, actors, and so much more!

i also cant wait to make out to the transworld haunt show in march and meet some of you and to check out what the vendors have to offer! my only gripe about this is... why not wait till after St Pattys day. that show is missing out on some many bar industry people. st pattys day is one of the biggest drinking holidays of the year, and so many people must prepare for that! i would encourage the people to wait till after the holiday to attract more people to the show!(just my 2 cents)

soooo....if anyone in the area is interesting in helping out or giving advice, or whatever feel free to do so!

or if anyone is looking to sell props or anything pro haunt related but dont want to do so in their area(cleveland,pitt,buffalo)... feel free to contact me!

i look forward to being a part of this industry and im very excited!

thank you for reading my thread and feel free to pop in to see pics of the build!
    Henry GQ - Fear Factory Erie, Pennsylvania. www.fearfactoryerie.com

welcome

i hope everything is gonna go good for you in the new year for your haunt i am also starting a hunt and cant wait ! but i am in serious need of some advise !!!! but i hope all goes good!!!. A night club and haunt thats sounds crazy!!
    Ottawa's hunted funeral home - come in if you dare:evil:

Comment

thank you ! we are hopefully meeting with some consultants/industtry people in the next few days and gonna nail down some ideas. i believe all the walls and basic layout/design should be done by february-march. and then we kick into high gear and get the detailing/layering done. hopefully will be done by the beginning of august. and then shift focus to marketing full time...

Comment

When do you expect your website to be up and running?

Its about time Erie gets a real Haunted Attraction running. Too bad you didnt make it to the House of Horrors auction in Buffalo last spring. You could have picked up some great deals to get you started on your way!

Good luck!

Randy

Comment

Check your Private Message box please.

Comment

Good luck opening, you guys have a bit of competition going against you with this area. The scare house, the manor, and a bunch of pop up corn mazes, an there are a lot of pop up mini haunts. An don't forget my all time top favorite Kennywood !!!!! That place sucks so bad in my personal opinion but when October hits its better then Disney World. I learned a lot working with them and they are all amazing people that work crazy hard.

Really if you want, you might want to give them a call after the season and see if there selling off any thing because they do try and change a little bit every year. They have a total I think of 4 haunts on location, some inside , some outside.

An with them mini haunts, they might seem like competition but I would keep tabs on them. A lot of them are just one year haunts. Just be polite, keep tabs on them and at the end of the season call them up and just ask hay how was your year. If they had a bad year and realize there not into it, then you will probably be doing them a favor by taking interest in buying off there stuff.
            ~*~How is a raven like a writing desk ?
            ~*~*~There both the perfect tools for picking at the brain.
            ~*~*~*~An my favorite game you ask ?
            ~*~*~*~*~ Raven on the desk of course.

Jessica Ward

Comment

actually. im not concerned with haunts a couple hours away. i kinda wish there was a few more in erie. sometimes the more the haunts. the more the people are in the mood to go see them...
              they hear more about them.. and they wanna go check em out!

so i encourage a few more to pop up!

im hoping mine will be a few steps ahead of the others in my area.. but only time will tell..

Comment

With that area, all you need to do really is advertise and people will come. The people up there really haunted house crazy an I was lucky to get my start there. Your competition won't really be about money, its going to be more about originality. These people know football, food, and zombies. No joke these people will tell it to you like it is. An really its a good thing because it makes you work a bit harder. It really is a good place to start a haunt and I wish I could have stayed longer.

Jessica Ward

Comment

i think if anything it will be about whos looks the most authtentic. haunts here only have a maybe a month or 2 to set up. where i will have all year

Comment

Yea know I did think that was really crazy when I lived up there. There was only one haunt in the area that stood all year to work in, Terror By The Lake. An they burned to a crisp in 2005.

Jessica Ward

Comment

wow. i dont even remember that. theres on kid thats prety good. he runs the valley of the ghouls. but he just doesnt make enough noise i guess..

Comment

Are you guys still looking for an art director ? Benzy might be getting back into the haunted business again also.

Jessica Ward

Comment

I think its kinda funny that a lot of us dropped off the face of the Earth in 2005 for our own reasons. Skip five years later and were all popping our heads back up seeing whats going on and what work is out there. Crazy.

Jessica Ward

Comment

i am looking for people to help out
                            whos benzy ?

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL5a8TkyK6E

Enjoy.

Jessica Ward

Comment

Working...
                              X