No announcement yet.

bodys in clear plastic bags(body bags)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bodys in clear plastic bags(body bags)

im designing a simple hallway leading into an asylum/demented doctors office for the 2011 season

does anyone have a simple/cost effective way of making the bodies in the bag look as real as can be?
    i know the type of fake blood i wanna use. but the corpses, well.. i need some good ideas as to what has been done.

suggestions please...
    Henry GQ - Fear Factory Erie, Pennsylvania. www.fearfactoryerie.com

Its cheep and easy

Really thats no problem if you can sew. If you can't sew then hot glue will work fine. Get cheep fabric any where you can, if you can't find fabric use old sheets. Lay them down double sided and get some one to lay down on them. Trace there outline , and then cut into the outline. While cutting you should be cutting both layers. stat sewing up your ands to give shape, again if you can't sew, a hot glue gun works fine. While your sealing up the body fill it up with cotton or any filler.

Yes this seems so simple, but for low budget you will be shocked by the effect.

What really matters with this effect is how you dress your body. Any old clothes will do. Now use plastic bags, paint plastic, tarp, whatever you want and start wrapping your body up. I like to do a nice craptastic job and leave blulk areas in wrapped on purpose for a good layer effect and also leave nothing to that imagination of people. Yep, thats a body inside! To hold it all together I always use duck tape because lets face it, its the true tool if any killer.

Things that you might want to try and add that will really make this. You don't want to leave exposed fabric skin on your dummy. So cover that with more duck tape! While doing the head, if you an old wig, chop some of the hair off and layer it under the tape as if they were struggling when you did this. Tape the hands together in the back like you would see a normal bound person. Also if you have any spare body parts, and lets face it, some times our prop body parts are not useful and need to be used for something other then hitting one another. Stick it on there and have a blast.

Hope this helped. An send me pics if you get lost some where or just want to show it off. Trust me when I say, nothing feels better then making it yourself and saving a few bucks here and there.

Jessica
    ~*~How is a raven like a writing desk ?
    ~*~*~There both the perfect tools for picking at the brain.
    ~*~*~*~An my favorite game you ask ?
    ~*~*~*~*~ Raven on the desk of course.

Jessica Ward

Comment

this is an interesting way of doing it. but i wanted the body to be naked. u think this still might work with the way u are thinking ?

Comment

a "Relatively" inexpensive way....

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Masculine-Ma...item1c16c48363
        How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

thnx zombietoxin. more of what i was looking for

Comment

Oh hell no, my idea is quite the opposite. This is more for the dark gore effect. What is cool about making your own bodies is that you have more flexibility in the positioning of the body in the bag. Where with manikins you just get that one pose.

Jessica Ward

Comment

thats true darkxmoon. but i like the fact that they are heavy and u can see the skin. would love to incorporate both aspects into the body bags...
              must use brain power and figure this out lol

Comment

Ebay is still the answer. Stuff them how you like and airbrush details.

http://cgi.ebay.com/FREE-SHIPPING-ZE...item1e5f0f567a
                www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

@ allen. wow you are on point with that one. holy shit

Comment

They can come with seperate fingers and toes, and with no holes in the face you can make a face for them on the lycra hood by attaching any prosthetic just like you were making a sock mask. my youtube channel has a tutorial on that part if you have never made one of those.
                    Allen H

Comment

im gonna pick up a few of these. my mind is already spinning on the different items i can add to this

any good sites on cost effective hands and feet? or maybe a way of making hands and feet?

Comment

@ Allen, Sir I tip my hat to you for even I'm impressed. I'm actually going to need one of these.

Jessica Ward

Comment

I use them all the time, and they can come with hands and feet, I cut up a milk jug to glue on fingernails and toenails.

Comment

((in a begging voice))

Can I work with you ?

((sad face))

Jessica Ward

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/Inflatable-Manne...item2a0b9c8185

spray foam as filler. airbrush/paint skin.

just throwing it out there.

peter
                              FS
                              Fables Studios
                              Your Home For Horror

www.FablesStudios.com
                              https://www.facebook.com/FablesStudios

Comment

Working...
                              X