Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st Year Haunt success on to planning year 2 ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Year Haunt success on to planning year 2 ideas?

Now that we have completed our First huge Haunted Attraction we are already planning for year 2. One idea I have been trying to change is cemetery scenes we did a scene this year that worked wonders but am looking for other ideas to make it creepier, scarier etc. We stayed away from animatronics and used approx 25-30 actors for our entire haunt. Also we have a trail and the story worked well this year and our 2 actors who were in the trail to scare worked out perfectly but how do you go about changing it for year 2 without past guests knowing what is going to happen from the first. I would have to write up the entire scenario but its the early process of figuring out how to change it for year 2. Possibilities are endless but the trail of terror is the starting point of our event and this sets the theme. just curious any ideass always appreciated.

23 years here, I haven't changed much.

I "add" instead.
    The old customer comfortably enters the room, looks the same..then Wow!
    That didn't happen before!
    Customers are here , gotta go!
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

The best graveyard trail I have seen was at House of Shock. Go look at some of there pics and tell me if thats kinda what your going for. I know some good add ons that can be used depending on the theme of your haunt.

If your doing something on a smaller scale I would be glad to draw some stuff up for you thats more low budgeted.

Jessica
      ~*~How is a raven like a writing desk ?
      ~*~*~There both the perfect tools for picking at the brain.
      ~*~*~*~An my favorite game you ask ?
      ~*~*~*~*~ Raven on the desk of course.

Jessica Ward

Comment

Thats awesome but I was thinking on a smaller budget. This year our first big haunt we had a walkthrough eerie graveyard with a nun running out with a shovel and at the end a mosaleum with a huge grim reaper chasing guests. I am trying to look for 2 things, new ideas and ideas that guests will least suspect. I love this year when guests would say I bet someone jumps out from there and boom nothing happens. We did great at making our guests think 1 way and freaking them out in another way.

Comment

OK, smaller budget is fine. Give me a little bit more though on the info. Is your graveyard going to be mostly small tombstones or are you doing the nice big tombs people can hide behind and pop out.

Jessica Ward

Comment

This past year we used 75 Tombstones I would say normal size. We built a "chapel" with a coffin laying in front so guests would need to walk by close and behind the "chapel" we had "nun from town movie" chase guests with a shovel. We also built a masoleum with huge Grim reaper jumping out from behind. We had 2 girls on the swings in the back playing a skit to keep guests focused on them and not the reaper. It worked excellent but for year 2 we need to switch it up. We also made the guests walk around the tombstones laid out in a path instead of rows. www.hauntatrockyledge.com the admin of our FB site and website is on vacay but I posted a link with photos on the FB page if you want to check them out along with some video its pretty dark but maybe you can get the idea. We are waiting on a bunch more photos to post next week. Thanks

Comment

I'm a photo nut, so yea, never will I turn down photos !! An if I do some thing has gone terribly wrong with me. My idea started out as a basic waiting room idea to entertain patrons before they got into the haunt but you might be able to play with it more. It has the potential, every thing does. I never got it to fit in any of the locations I worked at and I move so friggen much its hard to keep track.

Basically its moving plants, almost like puppets. What I really liked about playing with this is depending on where you put them you get touch the patrons with them and really freak them out . If you think your interested I will draw it out for you and send you the how to's on the building the flowers. To make vines on walls I was going to use just normal foam because lets face it, that shit is awesome and works well.

I know this kinda seems like a left field idea, and I know, it is! The idea came out of the fact I had one actor and a huge waiting room filled with people. An this one actor could control the plants while concealed in the walls so there was no warning who she was getting next. An it was different. The idea was scratched when the waiting room was transformed into an additional room for the haunt and we just put the people outside with a small stage show.

Let me know if you want me to draw any thing out or send you links if your interested.

Jessica Ward

Comment

Working...
              X