X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice from the Pros

This is my first post so Hi everyone

Worked two years on home haunts Now want to go Pro
    need some sound systems for music,screams.moans and groans and maybe some jumping monsters & lights

Looked at everything from a soundboard to a Boobox and Gilderfluke stuff
    So my question is what works best ?

well disney uses guilderfluke so i would say if you can afford it.go with that

Comment

Questionon't the people going through your haunt make those noises for you?
      Don't spend money on things you already have.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Depends on your budget. If you can go with Gilderfluke, do it! I am a gilderfluke dealer because you can't beat the sound coming out of an sd-25! But if you need to go cheaper, Isd recordable/triggerable sound players are the best. I sell those also, but you can get them from a variety of places.
        Brian Warner
        Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
        Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
        Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

More Specifics would help.

My advice is to better determine what you want to accomplish and then search for the product that meets those requirements. For example, do you want to trigger sounds or lights or both? In other words, do you want a simple audio repeater or a show controller? How many I/O? If software is necessary, are you comfortable with programming it? This will help to narrow down products and vendors.

As others have mentioned, Gilderfluke (among others) makes fine audio repeaters and have show controllers as well. I have not heard anything negative about the products you listed and used Light-O-Rama products with good success.

Good luck with your project!

Comment

There was a nifty product advertised as "The world's scariest prop" at TW, can't remember their name, but I bet I can dig a flyer out if I go hunting. Their booth was way over by the wall near one of the corners. The product - after you listened to a 30 minute speal - turned out to be a glorified Yack-Back on a motion sencer. It actually looked pretty cool. But I couldn't seem to get the girl to TALK to me about it without reciting her entire memorized speach.

Apparently, it used a HEAT detector instead of motion so that animatronics would not set it off. It also had ability to NOT repeat for a set time. It could use it's built in speakers or be jacked into your own sound system. They really did look like a great product, but the pushy sales girl annoyed the heck out of me and I walked away before I got all the information that I wanted because she wouldn't answer a direct question and kept going on and on about crap I didn't ask.
            ------------------------
            The child is grown, the dream is gone.
            I have become comfortably numb.

Comment

Scarlett, you were talking to their product, she was not a real person, that was the problem!
              (Why hire a living person if the person mimics a "Bot"? just install the Bot and be done with it!)
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Knowing your needs and getting what best satifies those needs is the best advice. Also learn about the equipment. What else is necessary to accomplish what you need. The Gilderfluke sd-25 seems expensive until you see the features. You do not need an amplifier. No need to be in a decated sound room. Starts immediately on power up. Features you may finsd necessary. I had the $20 CD players to ehich I had to add anywhere from $30-50 for an amp. Then I had to run through the house turning on each player, amp, seting the player to loop, then repeating it becuase I had a generator sure and it shut off the players!!!

See what you need, find what fulfills that need!
                R&J Productions
                Las Vegas, NV
                www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

actor proof

CD players and amps have knobs that the actors can get to and turn up, because they always think its better louder! Until they blow the speakers!

And CD players and amps also grow legs. SD-25? They don't know what it is so they dont steal it.
                  Jim Upchurch
                  Eleventh Hour

www.eleventhhour.info

Comment

I have had employees and even a few customers erase chip messages and sometimes they even had to find the microphone that came with the unit, plug it in and push the right buttons to do this!?
                    Severely limiting access with closed, locked doors is the only foolproof way. (until they begin using burglar tools, that is....)
                    I took the time and effort this winter to build a cement block wall to fill in a basement doorway to help control such urges others seem to have.
                    When it comes to mischief you should never underestimate the human being's capacity for such, but then some see us as in the mischief business and we sort of are.
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                    X