Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey guys, whats up. so i do a home haunt at my house every year but sadly this year i had to take a year off. but with the time off i started to plan out next years haunt. planing is almost done.

i am thinking about doing is a intense clown haunt. with a clown game room concession stand, closet room, posted note room(same thing like a dot room) disco room just to name some. the clown haunt planing is coming along nicely but i still need a few more room ideas and hallway ideas.
    i also need help with different clown prop ideas.

some question i also have are
    do i need insurance or will my homeowners cover it because im at my home
    what are good companies that give sponsorships
    cheap way to build walls but still safe
    do you need to fire coat them all
    will i need to have the fire inspector look at it before i open
    can you change and will it still be covered under your homeowners if you donate all the money

thanks a lot any help will be great

your homeowners insurance should cover the haunt, its the same as if a trick or treater slipped on your doorstep.

Last year i called the fire department and told them what we were doing. Asked them to come out and take a look and if they saw any problems we would fix it before opening. They had no problems and were happy we called. Thats how you get on their good side. As opposed to them rolling up when you open and saying you have to fix something before people can continue to go through.
    Drew and Shane
    www.deadenddungeon.com

Comment

did you have to fire coat your walls though?

Comment

Home Haunt?

Originally posted by hoffie08 View Post
        hey guys, whats up. so i do a home haunt at my house every year but sadly this year i had to take a year off. but with the time off i started to plan out next years haunt. planing is almost done.

i am thinking about doing is a intense clown haunt. with a clown game room concession stand, closet room, posted note room(same thing like a dot room) disco room just to name some. the clown haunt planing is coming along nicely but i still need a few more room ideas and hallway ideas.
        i also need help with different clown prop ideas.

some question i also have are
        do i need insurance or will my homeowners cover it because im at my home
        what are good companies that give sponsorships
        cheap way to build walls but still safe
        do you need to fire coat them all
        will i need to have the fire inspector look at it before i open
        can you change and will it still be covered under your homeowners if you donate all the money

thanks a lot any help will be great
        If you charge admission your home owners will not cover you. I do a large home haunt with my neighbor and he is a insurance agent and that is his advice. You do not have to fire coat anything unless u turn this into a business. To get a sponsor you should try and get a charity first that you will donate a portion of your donations (not ticket sales that would make it a business). So your ticket sales is a suggested donation and if they don't have the money u have to let them through. My home haunt had over 1600 this year so if you have any other questions just hit me up I am always glad to help out.

Comment

thanks for your help

im thinking about asking my dentist for a sponsor and the local cancer center where i donated my money i raised my first 2 years i did my haunt.

Comment

You could do a spiral room. All the walls have different colored spirals of paint. Or take a room paint all the walls black and even lay down wood on the floor to match the size of the room and paint tha black too. Take multitudes of florescent paint and take a brush and a thick wooden dowel and dip the tip of your brush in the paint and take the dowel and smack the brush against the dowel all over the floors and walls this gives you that splattered effect. Then include either a actor in a block costume and splatter him with paint or add a drop panel. Also you can include an intense freak show. I would recommend going to www.noxarcana.com and check out there circus music. Very dark and spooky.

Comment

that sounds like a good idea thanks for the help

Comment

No problem glad i can help! If you have any ideas in your head let me know too, im in the process of coming up with some more ideas for my home haunt next year im going to do a dark circus theme. Im going to try my hands at 3d work but if that doesnt fly then im going to try and stick with doing an entire blacklight walk thru. So if you got any cool cheap neat ideas or anything hey let me know im all ears. If it makes it easier you can reach me on facebook. Patrick Mcfadden!!

Comment

so far got 500 saved up for next years haunt will more to come. playing on doing a 20 by 44 or 48 haunt think it will be a good size to start out with the wood walls that i have to build. I dont want to make it so big i run out of money to decorate the whole thing.

switch my idea to a nasty old hotel theme. still need a few good room ideas. and how do u make the lights flicker when the people walk through the room?

thanks

Comment

Here's a link for flickering lights. I'm not sure if this is what you had in mind or not. Good luck to you!

http://www.garageofevil.com/projects...er_circuit.php
                    Kimmy

http://hauntedkimmycreations.weebly.com/

Comment

I just wanted to inform you that it gets pretty quite this time of the year for home haunters.

I do however like your ideas and questions, the more you do to cover yourself from the safety part, the better you will be.

I am a 10 year home haunter veteran, and I can share some of what I do on Halloween. I do not have a "walk through" type haunt. It's more of a large yard display with a few live actors to give small scares.

I decerate the entire yard with my props, and the only way up to the door is the driveway. The driveway has LITTLE to NO props on it so that all the kids stay safe. I aslo have the larger part of the yard roped off so that no kids can go into the decerated area.

Yes the scares are not "big", but it's enough to keep the kids happy and safe. This for me is all that matters.

Mr. Haunt

Comment

For the little ones we have a hay- bail area in the front of the house and a bounce house with some blow up yard decorations like scooby-doo and others. We have volunteer mom's watch them so the adult and older kids can go through the haunt. Because we don't want small kids to get to scared, but every year there are always 20 to 30 parents that drag there wee little ones through and they come out crying and i feel bad but we did warn them and gave them a option.

Shawn
                        http://bradentonhauntedtrail.com

Comment

Working...
                        X