Kansas City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kansas City

Ahem...excuse me...but there is a major, once in a lifetime, industry event coming down in 5 days and nobody is talking about it. Why am I seeing Transworld March posts and nothing on the Beast / Edge of Hell tour next week? I know lots of people are going but I don't see anyone making mention of it.
    I know I am excited to be doing something Haunted, totally different, and not business oriented in any way. Just Haunted House fun and just 2 weeks after Halloween with the nights being cool but not cold and leaves still on the trees. Am I the only one who can appreciate this?
    What gives with you guys?
    Rich Hanf

I think people are doing their own legendary haunt tours to haunts in their region. If someone lives in Kansas City and visits all those haunts it's just called going to several haunts, what makes it Legendary when we come? They're just haunts, people are driving, not flying, to see other Legendary haunts still open such as Netherworld, house of torment and many others. I think some people feel they can wait, save their money, and just check out Larrys haunts in March when we all fly in there anyway....

DA

Comment

Not me, not going to any because I hate going alone.
      ~*~How is a raven like a writing desk ?
      ~*~*~There both the perfect tools for picking at the brain.
      ~*~*~*~An my favorite game you ask ?
      ~*~*~*~*~ Raven on the desk of course.

Jessica Ward

Comment

Going

I have mmade my rsvp for air and hotel, but nothte tour yet. Will do that tonight.

Have a room to myself unless someone want to share expenses.
        Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
        Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

Okaaaay...

I've been looking forward to this event since it was first announced and can't wait til next weekend! I can relate to the end-of-season burnout that many (most?) haunters are going through, the depressing tear-downs that some are doing this week and next, and the fact that some haven't spent time with their families in months. For me, though, this is an opportunity I've been waiting years for - to see two haunted houses that have interested me as long as I can remember (Beast and Edge), to see what became of the Catacombs and Main Street Morgue, and to learn about Full Moon and the histories of these haunts from Amber Arnett-Bequeaith. And to do all of this in the company of some of the biggest names in the haunt business (sadly but understandably without Kevin, Stewart, and Dewayne from Folklore this time) makes this one of the most exciting things I've done in a long time! I'm very much looking forward to Transworld in the Spring, but I'm starting next season even earlier - next weekend - and for the record, I'm flying!

Comment

Well damn you going to pick me up and give me a corsages to match your boutonnier ?? Kidding really, with five days notice, I'm going to say I'm not going. I'm trying to see if some of my old friends from an FX company are going to transworld.
            ~*~How is a raven like a writing desk ?
            ~*~*~There both the perfect tools for picking at the brain.
            ~*~*~*~An my favorite game you ask ?
            ~*~*~*~*~ Raven on the desk of course.

Jessica Ward

Comment

5 Days to go

Oh Yeah....(Said like Macho Man Randy Savage) 5 days to go. Only 5 days befor the biggest party of the year kicks off. Middle of Novenber and Transworld has saved the best for last.
              I was just checking out the Tour website...again...for the 20th time...and it just keeps on hitting me how cool this is going to be. I don't know about you guys, but even as I break down this season already seems like it happened years ago. Time is so strange these days. For me, the timing opf the tour couldn't be better. It hasn't been a strange season...it's been a STRANGE YEAR. This is gonna be my new years eve. I'm gonna party like it's 1999 (Prince reference).
              This is going to be the place where I take that deep breath and say wow...it's over.

As far as the siminars are concerned, it is a very cool thing for me to be ask to say a few words...the trouble is that I can't ever say A FEW words. With that in mind I've been talking to home haunters around the country to get a feel for what they have been doing and their excitement, purity, entheusiasm brought me way back to how it all started for me...and for so many of you. I plan on speaking to the President of the Home Haunters Assn. as I'm sure he will have some entertaining stories as he is a Home Haunter himself. The big thing for me is the re-connecting with the original pure spirit of Halloween. I hope to be able to help you get there as well.

OK...til tomorrow Rich Hanf

Comment

"time"

Time might seem fleeting and strange come the end of October...because there is a major, noticable fluctuation in time then. (Maybe this explains OCtober 31st's history of sightings and such?)
                My Brother checked a book out of the local Mount Carroll library about how to build and adjust your sundial..there was a chart showing what I am describing.
                "Time" is not constant, it speeds up and slows down but the day with the biggest difference is (or at least was in that book) is..... Halloween.!!!
                The difference is between solar measured time and mechanically measured time.
                The 4 equinoxes are right on as far as these 2 methods of time measurement go.
                No other day is.

Oh, yes, of course The Ravens Grin is open tonight and almost every other night of the year too.
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Rich and anyone else.

Is this tour going to allow fellow haunters to take photos or video, or is it strictly a full show mode tour like we are regular guests?
                  Shawn
                  Fear Engineer
                  HauntedHouse.ca

Comment

Shaun,

I DOUBT they are going to let you take photos or video of this tour I doubt that almost 100%... but maybe someone knows for sure but I would NOT bring a camera. LOL

I wish we could could go but we can't... we are heading out to IAAPA a couple days later and just have too many loose ends to tie up.

We are building our IAAPA booth right now and it will be awesome. Also we already tore out all the sets in Darkness that are going into the trash can.
                    We really need to get people working while we are gone for a week at IAAPA so wow we wish we could go just can't...

I know that anyone who goes should have a great time!!! I had a couple people call me for details... I'm like its not our tour and I gave them the address for the tour. I know there is a lot of interest.

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President
                    www.HalloweenProductions.com
                    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Thanks Larry. I just kinda assumed it might be like your darkness tour for transworld, if im not mistaken you had a behind the scenes tour where cameras were allowed.
                      Shawn
                      Fear Engineer
                      HauntedHouse.ca

Comment

Haunt Tour Videos & Pictures

It's easier to get forgiveness than permission

Comment

Rich is correct on that one... however as haunters we should respect their wishes but I would ask them to see if you can. Larry
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President
                          www.HalloweenProductions.com
                          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Thanks Larry! Its dumpster diving time at the Darkness again. I love this time of year! LOL! Just joking! I would mind it though.
                            Damon
                            Damon Carson

Comment

Friday Night

Anyone know if the busses that run from the hotel to the Stowe building will be making any additional trips after 5:30 p.m.? I can't make it to the hotel until about 6 p.m. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X