No announcement yet.

Kansas City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking forward to seeing everyone who will be in Kansas City! Should be a fun weekend.

Comment

I will be in town around 2-3pm. Can't wait to see and meet everyone...

Oh, and who knows all the good BBQ joints in the area?
      http://www.bigscaryshow.com
      http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Does anyone have the info for this tour? dates/times/cost..etc....being in kansas I might be able to swing over there for a bit

thanks

Comment

Listen to the current RFR up on the site and Ben and Jen are both on for a good 30 minutes talking the entire Tour Weekend.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
          http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
          "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
          http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

I think the website is legendaryhaunttour.com or something like that.

Maybe someone will give us some reports!

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I went to Edge of Hell and Macabre Cinema.

Bear with me for some background: I have a home haunt and I live in Kansas city. Since it wasn't a Lights On tour I decided not to go at first (I can go anytime during the season). I did spring for a flight to Orlando for HHN. For some damn reason they decided to do a congo line approach and it basically ruined most of the scares for me. I wanted to get scared darn it!. FF to last Thursday and I was catching up on the RFR shows and Johnathan was talking about the KC tour. It dawned on me that since they weren't doing a Lights On they were probably going to be open to the public. I called and YES! they were. YEAH! I was finally going to get my haunt on.

Went Friday and BOY! They did NOT disappoint. I'm guessing they really had their game on for you pro-haunters because I got flippin' super scared in every room! Here's the highlights:

Lightning wall: Super dark hallways and then a loud sound of thunder with a super bright flash of lightning that was etched into the wall. They used that several times in that section at different turns and it was a terrific effect. The sudden brightness temporarily blinded you and it's quite unnerving because it's already pitch black in there. You are completely unarmed of your senses for the scare actor to pounce.

In the vampire room there was no obvious way to go to the next room. The vampires then hiss at you, "Through the fireplace!" you look at it and it's just a 3' square opening. They hiss again, more insistent, "Through the FIREPLACE!" So you get on your hands and knees and crawl through. Unfortunately there's another vampire in there with you hissing that he wants your blood. That is a scary sensation to be in a very vulnerable unprotected position. It was a great scare!

The pathways are not even footing, the hallways can be very narrow and there were many stairs. All the while actors are scaring the heck out of you. Not sure if that's the safest thing in the world but it sure is scary. I've been trained that you are basically safe when it's treacherous walking but OH no! Not with them. In fact we were on the most violent shaking bridge I've even been on and all the while there was an actor screaming bloody murder at us. It was great!

Scare, scare, scare and suddenly...we are in heaven. Bright, beautiful heaven with angels and everything. To be honest, I really liked that room 'cause I needed the break. They were scaring me so much I was getting a little freaked out. Disappointingly, they told me that I couldn't stay in heaven. That I had to go back down to hell. Sadly, we head back to hell and go into the famous slide room. You know, the 5-story slide? Yeah, well try one with the sheet of waxed paper they give you to slide on. I went so fast down that thing that it took me about 10 seconds at the bottom to get my wits back. My head was SPINNING! Then I saw the python that I noticed wasn't in his cage earlier. He was around an actors neck and he let me pet it. A beautiful and surprisingly soft creature.

I'm tired of typing now and I'm sure your sick of reading so I leave it there. If interested I could come back and give you my thoughts about Macabre Cinema (great!)
              Last edited by Terra; 11-14-2010, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X