Movie Themed Haunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie Themed Haunt?

Has anyone done a movie themed haunt? Maybe more than 1 movie but numerous horror movies? We are thinking about it for next year we have a ton of ideas but are curious if others did it how they went about it. Thanks Especially incorporating SAW theme and old school horror movies.

Fear Fair in Indiana is the best movie themed haunt that I have ever seen. The sets are incredibly detailed and there was a very clever SAW section.
    Katie Lane
    Partner/VP
    Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
    sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

This is the actually one of the most common 1st year haunt ideas. Don't get discouraged at this though it shows you got the same mindset as the rest of us sickos on this forum. My problem with this theme is that it doesn't feel fluid to me when I make a transition to the next room.

Then again I do like bunnies... What did that mean you ask ? It means if you make a killer bunny room I would sequel like a little girl!!
      ~*~How is a raven like a writing desk ?
      ~*~*~There both the perfect tools for picking at the brain.
      ~*~*~*~An my favorite game you ask ?
      ~*~*~*~*~ Raven on the desk of course.

Jessica Ward

Comment

Katie is right. Fear Fair is the best when it comes to their movie set themes. They are incredible. If you get a chance to make it out to see them, it's worth the trip.
        News and event coverage from directly inside the Haunt Industry - http://www.hauntersdigest.com
        Get a Website and/or Mobile App for Your Attraction - http://www.charlesterry.com

Comment

Thanks guys! We appreciate the mention. We won Indiana Haunt of the year again from Ohio Valley Haunts and we are seriously looking forward to Hauntcon April 29th.. we will be on the Friday night haunt tour and will be unveiling all new scenes...
          Brett Hays, Director
          Fear Fair
          www.fearfair.com

Comment

Nobody might guess?

My place, Ravens Grin is based upon a movie too. A movie waiting to be made.
            "HUMOR! EXCITEMENT! PREMATURE DEATH!" FEATURING FULL-FACIAL NUDITY!"
            "Where did you get that hideous mask?"
            "What mask?"
            OPEN almost every night for 21 years!
            "I am ready for my close-up Mr. DeMille!"
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Just remember that using trademarked movie characters in a for-profit haunt is technically illegal without expressed written permission from the studios. Tread with caution I always say...
              http://www.bigscaryshow.com
              http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
                Just remember that using trademarked movie characters in a for-profit haunt is technically illegal without expressed written permission from the studios. Tread with caution I always say...
                That's why you don't say it's the Halloween room, or the Michael Myers room, it's the big silent guy with a knife room, right? lol

I was never much of a fan of movie themed haunts because no one seems to get it right, or believable. As mentioned above Fear Fair changed my mind. A movie style haunt can work, but be prepared to spend the money to make it accurate, detailed, and high quality. If you don't make it believable, like you literally stepped into the movie set, it just won't scare anyone who isn't a 12 year old girl. If you get it right, like Fear Fair, then you'll get everyone.
                Brian Warner
                Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
                Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
                Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

Working...
                X