Nor-Cal--any haunts for sale???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nor-Cal--any haunts for sale???

Does anyone in California EVER sell any haunts?!?! I'm interested in buying a haunt but I live in Northern California and the closest haunt I've ever found for sale is in Texas! Actually, I have yet to see a haunt for sale ANYWHERE in California. Any input here???

The basic problem is that there aren't very many haunts on the west coast, so very few come up for sale. There was one on ebay a few months ago for $3,500 that looked like a pretty good deal. I don't think it ever sold, so evidently it may be hard to sell them here since no one wants to open one here.

Comment

Why is that? I so want to open a commercial haunt. We have a few like Pirates of Emerson, Callson Manor, etc. at some fair grounds but why doesn't anyone have any great haunts in Cali like the ones back east? The only "amazing" haunts we have are like at large amusement parks. We've had a home haunt for 8 years on my one acre of property and people are just amazed at how great our haunt is. We grow more and more every year and are really outgrowing our property. Any ideas?

Comment

The biggest reason is rent. The rent is so high in California compared to most of the nation.
        A 10,000 sq ft building for 2 mouths cost about the same as a year in most other places.
        I lucked out and got a fantastic deal on my lease. So I can build my event bigger every year.
        Gary
        Midnight Evil Productions
        www.MidnightEvil.com
        Owner/Operator of www.CoffinCreek.com/
        www.Twitter.com/CoffinCreek

Comment

Rent for sure!

Cali has beaches, not haunts! Land, taxes, and even building codes here are harder than most of the nation. Same reason there are no killer haunts in Manhattan or martha's vineyard.

Comment

haunts for sale

Originally posted by shawnc View Post
            The basic problem is that there aren't very many haunts on the west coast, so very few come up for sale. There was one on ebay a few months ago for $3,500 that looked like a pretty good deal. I don't think it ever sold, so evidently it may be hard to sell them here since no one wants to open one here.
            I can't imagine what type of haunt you'd get for 3500.00. I have single props worth more than that..

Well, I'm in Texas as well-but am putting my show up for sale. www.lafitteslanding.com It's 5 trailers worth however , so it won't be selling for a few thousand dollars, lol.

Serious parties can contact me at
            desautell@gmail.com with the word "haunt" in the subject line

Mistress DeSade
            "I see dead people"
            Kathryn DeSautell
            Lafitte's Landing, Dark Shadows Entertainment

Comment

I, too, have a few props worth more than $3,000 and would like to get more animatronics, but I need more room . At this point I don't even care if its just property I can latch on to. It doesn't even have to have a building. What we do at my house now is 75% outside and we make do. As long as it doesn't pour, we're okay. At least in Cali we have the weather on our side. This year we had great weather with very little rainfall in October. Our numbers were down but the economy sucks so we didn't expect to have what we had last year. I just don't know what direction to go with this. I've seen some large parcels of property for sale (9 acres for $385,000) which is a great price where we are, but I'm sure back east you could pick up 50 acres and a 50,000 sq. ft. building for that price!!! I want this to happen so bad but I'm at a loss as to what to do. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Mistress DeSade View Post
                I can't imagine what type of haunt you'd get for 3500.00. I have single props worth more than that..
                Yes, it was a low price for what looked like a pretty decent haunt. That was why I posted it. If it had been the average-priced ebay haunt I wouldn't have bothered. When I posted it here (http://www.hauntworld.com/haunted_ho...ad.php?t=11532) it was $5,000 but they lowered it to $3,500 I believe when they got no bids. The ebay link in that thread has expired so I don't know what happened to the haunt.

It just goes to show you that there are great deals out there. You just have to have the money so you can jump on them when they come along.

Comment

Working...
                X