25 foot blood geyser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25 foot blood geyser

I am working on a set where an actor falls into a bed and then activates one of those soda/mentos geysers. I need to come up with a way to make carbonated blood and also have to figure out placement so the customers don't end up soaked. Also thinking about using a bottle of orange soda and activating one out of the top of a jack o' lantern. I think a 25' geyser of pumpkin innards might be a little shocking.

I so can't want to see Allan's response to this.. I have worked with water before but not like this.
    ~*~How is a raven like a writing desk ?
    ~*~*~There both the perfect tools for picking at the brain.
    ~*~*~*~An my favorite game you ask ?
    ~*~*~*~*~ Raven on the desk of course.

Jessica Ward

Comment

Air compressor sounds like it would be easier to use instead of carbonated water. You can control the amount of water, angle and height by pressure and tube size. Water color, and timed red lights will do the trick.

If it needs to be hidden you can use C02 cartages and rig a paint ball gun to have burst of water. I did this for a zombie flick I did some FX for.

just a suggestion..

Peter T
      Fables Studios
      Your Home For Horror

www.FablesStudios.com
      https://www.facebook.com/FablesStudios

Comment

A water cannon would be ideal for this.
        Brian Warner
        Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
        Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
        Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

thank you for the help, I like the sounds of the air compressor and water cannon, I was thinking I could accomplish this with 1- 2 liter of blood colored soda and a pack of mentos. naive to say the least!!!

Comment

ull like this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0maKl...eature=related

I did not make this but it may help. This is the general idea.. (I am not resposible if you blow fingers off or shot someone in the face/eyes after making one. Be safe!!!!)

Peter T
            FS
            Fables Studios
            Your Home For Horror

www.FablesStudios.com
            https://www.facebook.com/FablesStudios

Comment

oh yeah, I like this alot! and this has so many possibilities

Comment

I ended up making one of those from the video posted.. it works GREAT. used a piece of 1 and 1/2 inch pvc about 3 feet long. half in valve and the adapters. grand total $16. the only thing i can think that would make it better is maybe an air chamber instead of hooking it straight up to the compressor. and maybe a 3/4 or 1 inch valve. we used about a quart of water and it shot close to 20 feet at 120 psi. a little bit of modification and you can really get that thing shooting farther

Comment

Working...
                X