Tent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tent?

Hey everyone I'm totally knew to all of this stuff. I was put in charge of Halloween this year, and me and my wife decided to have a house haunt. It was so much fun and such a huge success that we both decided we could do it for a job. I've done a lot of research on the business ends of things, but so far it seems to me that location is the biggest issue, as it appears is the same problem for most people trying to start. I was thinking about using massive tents and hooking them up to build a haunted house. Would that be legal? I'm trying to start a profit business and it will be Utah. Because its a tent, would fire codes still apply? Is there anything that I should take into consideration about this idea? Any help would be awesome I've been trying hard to get Kelly's book on haunted housing, but this was just an idea I had and I was hoping I could get some feedback from some people who know what their talking about. Thanx guys!

Read and re read Kelly's book. Do your research. Then understand that it will be 100 times more work, twice the money you think, and it takes time so start early.
    As a first year haunt we learned so much. But it is one of the best experiences you will ever have.
    http://darkscares.com/

sigpic

Comment

haunt help

While I'd recommend that the home haunter "experiment and find their own style" if your looking to start a business and make it profitable there are significantly more things to consider than tents and you don't have a decade to discover how your going to make mistakes. Ethereal FX has gotten more than a few pro haunts off the ground and if you send us an e-mail we can set up a call and talk about what it is your trying to pull off and put together a game plan. We even offer full service consulting but it all starts with a chat where we narrow down what it is we can help you with.

robyn@etherealfx.com

www.ETHEREALFX.com

Comment

Thanx for the advise

Ethereal FX,
        What information should I have ready in order to discuss with you? Are there costs involved? I visited your website and it seems to be about lighting, so are your consultations centered around that issue, or is it much more broad? I'm in my last semester of college and I'm planning on moving to Utah in December. For the time being, I've simply been doing research on the industry and legal issues, so in regards to the actual haunt itself, I'm not even in the state where its going to be located, so its difficult for me to give a good description of what I want; which is why I'm wondering what information you will need to give a fulfilling consultation.

Thank you so much

~Josh

Comment

Haunt consulting

We have over 30 years of haunt planning and implementation experience. My areas of expertise cover ALL aspects of haunting, we have had to do it all. We are best known for our recently released Ether-Light system but that was developed over the years putting on haunts, stage shows, and movies. Our consulting does cost money but the first step and often one of the most enlightening is a FREE conversation that usually takes about an hour were we can discuss what you'd like to get out of the haunt, and what we could offer you in the way of help. Some folks give us a budget and ask us to simply come in and put on a haunt. Others are looking to get into it themselves and just need guidance or someone they can call occasionally with a question. I can promise either way we will get you to the show you want. It's hard at first to think about using some of your start up money for consulting but our experience doesn't just cover haunts. Our team has worn many useful hats that when put together will save you money and a lot of headaches in the long run. We Know the hardest part about a haunt and the thing that seems to be forgotten most in the haunt world is that you are trying to run a profitable business, not a hobby. We can get you there!

send us an e-mail stating your interested in a consult and I'll send you back a worksheet to complete before the call and we can set up a time to sit down and do that.

Robyn@etherealfx.com

Comment

If you do a search on this site you will find many threads talking about the use of tents. Karl at Pirates of Emerson has written a couple of articles about tents, elaborating on the good and bad points assosiated with them. I think they are on this site somewhere, or you could look for the back issues of the magazine.

Comment

Working...
            X