Headless Horseman Prop in the making : Need a Horse bust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headless Horseman Prop in the making : Need a Horse bust

The time has come to make a headless horsemen for the front yard and I am really wanting to make it authentic.

I wanted to see if anyone has any resources for an affordable horse bust? I have explored the taxidermy route, but found the prices to be out of my home haunt budget.

Does anyone have any other avenues on the internet or in my thought process here for obtaining a horse bust?

If anyone has links other then what is on the monsterlist, post them up, I would love to see them.

If I could, I would really want to buy the taxidermy bust, but I am thinking there has to be a cheaper alternative.

Thanks for the help!
    Mooo or Booo, what ever suits your fancy

if you dont mind making one,pumpkinhead gave us this link a wile back
    http://www.bastardrat.com/h2005horse.html

Comment

Thanks Wipp, keep em coming

I did see that one and have added that to the list of possibilities.

The ideal situation would be to get a taxidermy bust. Those things are pretty pricey, but I have my feelers out with a couple of horse product manufacturing companies. I figure they may have some old displays sitting around collecting dust.

I will take more ideas if anyone has them.

Anyone one on here have an old half horse display sitting around?

Comment

This could work... a bit of stretch, but could work...

http://www.woodcraftplans.com/ys111.htm

It will not be 3D like I hoped, but could be cut out of foam for easy storage and light weight. I could even build up the forms with monster mud maybe.....

Comment

I would follow Wipps link... just make a skeletal structure with wood and PVC until you think it looks right. Taxidermy might not be the best bet... you'll see why if you choose that route.

I hope you can find what you are looking for, I'm interested in seeing how this plays out! Good Luck! -Tyler
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

$$$$

What I am finding out on the Taxidermy route is that:

Now I see why it is so expensive to mount Mr. Ed when he kicks up his hoofs and calls it a wrap.

Man, the price is outrageous.

I have an email into a friend that works for a horse medicine company and horse products. Maybe she can come up with something for me.

Heck, she was Miss Rodeo Queen for gosh sakes, you would think she could get me darn plastic horse

http://www.missrodeo.com/meet_miss/f.../miss2001.html

Is that what you were thinking Tyler when you mentioned I would find out why? I guess the price on the one from Scarefactory is pretty darn good when you consider the amount these busts are.

Comment

Maybe a taxidermy bust of a German shepard would be cheaper? Down scale your guy, move them to the back of the yard and there you go! Less work to handle and store it, put antlers on it for Christmas.
              A local car dealer has a realistic full-sized horse on his lot pulling a buggy, I don't know where he got it but I would find it hard to think that he paid alot for it...
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
              X