No announcement yet.

to do or not to do? that is the question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1) YES! I think a combo ticket price would be great for both you and the other attraction.

2) Thanks! I appreciate it, I have something I'd like to email to you, but I lost your email. It's that same design you suggested for the Relay haunt last year, but in a professional 3-D rendering made for building inspectors and our fire marshal really appreciated it. One of them is, I had to try and get technical on some silly repairs here and there, I might be able to get the second one working again with some minor wiring but I fear it could be the pump, in which case I should probably just try and get a new one...? I'm extremely impressed with them, when they were both working they put out a ton of fog, the one remaining working one doesn't stop though. It goes until it can't go anymore. Which is totally fine, because we're outdoors. Did you see the Pitch Black post for this years Relay haunt? I can't WAIT! It's going to be bigger and better than next year, (assuming everything goes right!) I don't want to take this thread away from you though, so...reply on Facebook or PM?

3) I'm so jealous you got a location so easily. It's one of my biggest struggles right now. Going back to the combo ticket idea and Allen's point, if you do a combo ticket you are guaranteed their 8,000+ attendance, and can budget for it a little higher (but the less you spend the better obviously) and your actors will also be better and more motivated. If you were two separate events with two separate tickets, chances are your attendance would be significantly lower, making your actors feel like they aren't as great, and it could bring moral down, but if you guarantee a combo ticket price making it so everyone goes through both, the customers think they're getting a deal and your actors feel like they're as important (which they are) and as talented (which they most likely are) working at your haunt (which is great regardless of size knowing your imagination).

Comment

I'm gonna do that, walk out of some haunt, gather a crowd and proclaim....Is that some serious freaking crown molding or what?
      sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

well here is an update... i havent heard from them since the haunt closed for the season. at this point i dont think i have enough time to get everything i need together . I cant get them to talk about what was discussed. all i get is, they may not open next year, not sure if they can get the same location. well i guess it back to the drawing board. will start to design my own haunt. start looking for a location of my own.
        I would like to thank everyone for the support that was given.
        I will get this going someday!!!!!
        In Darkness they hunt the living
        http://www.DarkMatterScreamWorks.com

Comment

Count yourself "Lucky"

Since they seem to now to not be giving you the time of day. (True colors showing through?)
          I was also very desperate to get my haunt going, so much so that I followed some else's advice and offered a partnership to a retired craftsman and his adult sons, thankfully the Mother had them decline my offer!
          I am positive my successes here would never have happened like they did if I had to run every nuiance passed a commitee.
          But then I am "me" and you are "You",and I am by most other's thinking a self-motivated, odd, artistic type with my own peculair concepts that I work tirelessly to accomplish. (Probably not a good working partnership/person for most anyone else.
          But I do love what I do here 98% of the time. Most importantly though, I do have many people (paying customers) that like what I have done and what I do here.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Well maybe it's a good thing, will allow you to grow on your own. If you let your customers (even the non-paying ones at your home haunt) decide your progress (when you can't fit everyone who shows up through!) than you know that it's a good time to just take the leap. You've been developing a following at your home haunt for years, and it's done nothing but grown. Hell, I'm here in CT and even I heard about you and will hopefully be stopping by this year if all goes as planned! I know it will happen eventually, your home haunt is only a whiny fire marshall away from being a full-blown haunt! lol

Comment

Working...
            X