Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latex appliances

I need some help for this weekend.

I will be using some small latex appliances at a haunt and I have one quick question for you guys.

When I apply the appliances to my face, what can I use to cover up the edges of those appliances against my face? So that it looks like its all together, rather than having an obvious seem where the appliance ends
    Brad Bowen
    Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
    www.ultimatefear.net

Latex... apply with latex sponge. Blow it dry (hair dryer works best)... hide with make-up. -Tyler
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Very good Tyler, but also remember to put the latex on in a series of light coats, for blending purposes.......
      On a sidenote, BRAD, you should pick up a copy of the HAUNTING MAKEUP DVD, available at www.BodyBagginG.com www.Screamlinestudios.com and of course www.RottingFleshRadio.com
      Screamline and BodyBag both did very very educational segements on appliance applications.
      Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

if it is a big gap, latex can take awhile to fill the space. Add a layer of latex, then a small amount of cotton, then another layer of latex over it. works great!
        Sean De Wane
        ----------------------------------------------
        The De Wane Asylum
        www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Hey Brad! We're looking forward to having you come play at SCREAM BREAK! We've got a couple of makeup artists that have gotten really good with latex and they can help you out with that. We're hoping for really big crowds so you can have a lot of fun! You'll have the opportunity to learn a great deal from Mari's Fright Team Management skills. She's incredibly organized and professional with the team and does an AWESOME job! See you this weekend!

Kel
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Bodybagging, can you check your PM's?
            Bill Rod.
            Dark Tech Effects
            Automated DMX Lighting
            Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

Comment

Brad, did you get the new Haunting Makeup DVD? BodyBaging is right! I've posted this elsewhere, but it really is a MUST HAVE! You're going to want it for your haunt library and it's worth 4 times the proce, at least!

Kel
              Chris Riehl
              Sales@spookyfinder.com
              (586)209-6935
              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

As per Kellys suggestion the cost of the haunting makeup DVD has been raised to 80 dollars, please make all checks payable to .................
                Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Be careful, ordinary latex contains ammonia which is a skin and eye irritant. Use Makeup latex from Ben Nye or Duo eyelash adhesive instead. Also bits of torn facial tissue stuck onto and covered with the Duo will work better than the cotton. Use the makeup sponge to blend with a dabbing/stipple effect, no rubbing or brushing.

Comment

Originally posted by bodybagging
                    As per Kellys suggestion the cost of the haunting makeup DVD has been raised to 80 dollars, please make all checks payable to .................
                    HAHAHA!! It might still be worth it!!!

I am actually gonna focus on using quite a bit of makeup this year, and turn away from using only masks.

Kelly, I cant say enough how slowly this past 2 weeks have gone by so slowly!! Waiting patiently for EUREKA SREAMS BREAK!!

Also, I made reservations at the Tradewinds for the weekend, just to help you guys out a little.
                    Brad Bowen
                    www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Thanks for the good feedback.
                      It's good to have a place I can go to year round with all my questions, and have good, accurate responses come back to me. I'm proud to be a part of this HW.com family, and ya'll will see many for posts with questions in the near future.
                      Brad Bowen
                      www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

One really good thing concerning latex appliances, if your friend can't hold up his end when moving them and it ends up on top of your foot, it doesn't hurt nearly as much as those steel appliances would.
                        Watching the sides of your latex refrigerator move in and out as the fans run makes it look like it's truly alive and breathing!
                        Neat!
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Thats a GREAT thought JIM!

Comment

I generally use Duo to cover the edges of appliances. It's a little thicker than latex and safer near the eyes.
                            www.mindseizure.com
                            www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

I have heard that you want to use spirit gum on the edges. then add a little latex to on top it needed.
                              5 years in the business and still ticking
                              Ive been through HELL on Earth. What can you do?
                              USSN

Comment

Working...
                              X