Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I was playing around with gelatin and....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I was playing around with gelatin and....

So I was playing around with gelatin and I think I might have discovered something cheap and awesome ( one of you makeup buffs please correct me if this has been done before).

What I did was make some gelatin as you would for a gelatin appliance except instead of distilled water I used vinegar.

One it was all cooked up ( and still hot ) I took some of the hot geletin and mixed it with baking soda...for those who have made a volcano with baking soda and vinegar you know what happens next... Geletin Foam!

I was playing around with it and acheived some pretty awesome muscle and burn effects, I am sure you could make castings out of it if you let it cool in a mold long enough but it was pretty nifty for quick scars.

It had pretty good tack and set really well ( with some loose powder you could leave it on all day ) but the best part was the cleanup. It came off with soap and water. Imagine it, one time appliances that can wash off easily.

I know there is already foaming geletin , but this took about 3 minutes to make and was free.

(once again, if this has been done before someone please tell me so I don't look too stupid)

Give me your thoughts.
    www.HauntGraphics.com

..then the fumes overtook you, you gasped and fell down behind the lab table out of sight.... a single, hairy hand eventually comes up from the floor, can that be? No, never!
    It's Dr. Jackle!
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

There is that stuff sold that has to be melted down to apply then let dry. I think Mehron sells it... Barry and Kevin know all about it! -Tyler
      Chris Riehl
      Sales@spookyfinder.com
      (586)209-6935
      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I have had SO many things applied to my face....raw sewage, hot lead,abs glue,speeding wood chips, speeding metal filings, cat-whipped tails!
        They all conspired to make me what I am today, a 57 year-old male runner-up in the Britanny Spears look-alike contest.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

well jim...i think you have too hair much to look like her now...lol..although i think you are both certifiable...lol...

anyhow that gelatin idea sounds good...i would make one suggestion though...make sure you seal it with latex before acting with it...gelatin has a nasy habit of either melting off with too much heat...or it will dry up and crack off...hmmmm....wonder how it tastes...gelatin and vinegar...lol...what a cool mouth effect that would be...something has to beat alka seltzer...lol

todd

Comment

Vinegar was a Warfield family major food group. Wilted cabbage in vinegar was a treat at Grandmas house for Thanksgiving .
            One newcomer to the family said all he thought vinegar was used for or good for was cleaning glass.
            Before it is vinegar it ferments half-way to becoming vinegar and can be used for intoxicating purposes. People were self-reliant, made their own needed items. Of course limiting intake as related to the volume that you could make kept those associated problems at bay...sort of...usually.
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Pumpkinhead,

can you give measurements or ratios of vinegar, etc. In other words,
              can we have the receipe?

Comment

haha...empress...it is simple...a pinch of this and a pinch of that...oh and a smidgen of the other stuff....stir until it is just the right consistancy....then add in about "yay much" of the secret ingrediant X..and voila...bamph you have the gelatin foamy stuff....lol....ok...my recipe is not so good...

todd

Comment

Empress,

Here is a guesstimate of the ratio.

What you need is:

5 packs Knox gelatine (the plain gelatin , flavorless).
                  1/4 cup Distilled Vinegar
                  tablespoon baking soda.

Mix the gelatine and vinegar and heat over a stove ( warning , do not burn to the edges of the pot, it is a PAIN to get off)

the consistency should be kinda like rubber cement. You might need to add a little vinegar to make it easy to work with... but .... do not make it runny!

When it is all cooked take some of the warm gel and mix it with enough baking soda for it to foam up (should take a spoon full depending on how much gel you are using). The key here is to mix the two together really fast so you can stop stirring and allow it to foam up.

after making sure it isn't too hot apply to where you want the wound to be, after letting it tack a little use your fingers to lift and pull the gelatin to make it look like the scar ( it should look like freddy krueger's face).

Let dry, seal with powder or latex and make up.

Good luck all.
                  www.HauntGraphics.com

Comment

Thank you, PH!

We're ALWAYS looking for cheap, but effective ways to make our haunt just a little bit better. :twisted:

Comment

Working...
                    X