Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which haunt in the USA has the best 3d show??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which haunt in the USA has the best 3d show??

When it comes to 3d its either hit or miss. Some haunts put together a really good 3d show...others fall a little short. So i wanted to ask where can i find the best 3d haunt...3d artist..and 3d designers. I could spend endless nights on the internet going through pix and videos or i could ask the industry.....so thats exactly what im doing...well..industry who's the best?
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

There has been a big debate, and discussion on this on the fright forum. Its under the Darkness rennovation thread.
    Damon
    Damon Carson

Comment

I can't say who has the best because theres so many that I have never been too but, WareHouse 31 had a very good one this past year, I would have to say the best that I've been to is Larrys Terror Visions, I like it a lot.
      Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

What exactly are you looking for ... are you looking to have something done? Thanks Larry

www.blacklightattractions.com
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

The best I've been to is Judgement Day in 3D at The Factory of Terror in Canton, OH. It's pretty incredible.
          Spooky Wishes
          Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

I do love Larry's at the darkness. The detail, floor to ceiling is amazing.
            Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

Comment

Who put together this Judgement day 3D haunt. It looks alright. The artwork looks like some that I saw in Chicago at Transworld back in 2004 or 2005 that I believe Ghostride had for sale.? If Im not mistaken.
              Damon
              Damon Carson

Comment

Having designed 2 3D haunts myself and seeing many I am extra critical of them, and they can be done a lot of different ways. In my personal opinion, the flat patterns look the best 3D effect wise, but not many haunts utilize them...The airbrushed haunts to me seem generally overdone and there is too much haze for the 3D to work as efficiently as it could. I think a good blend of the two would be the perfect attraction, but I have yet to see that....if I get the opportunity to design another I will definitely incorporate both elements into it.

I have seen about 20 different 3D attractions, and I personally really liked Bad Trip at Haunted Hoochie/Dead Acres the most. The 3D worked really well, which as I said in my opinion does not often come out well airbrushed, but they had nice separation between the colors and I thought it worked great. There was a decent blend of flat with dimensional effects, and things to look at everywhere which was also cool, the only thing that could have made it any better would have been something on the floor, but the building would not allow it (dirt floor). There was very little repeating of any props, themes, or characters throughout that it seems a lot of 3D haunts seem to fall victim to.

There have been at least 2 in which I seen the same static figure prop used 2-3 or more times in the same attraction...no matter how long or unless you have some kind of story themed with a character...I dont believe in using any prop more than once unless it is something that you would have a lot of such as spiders etc...

Factory Of Terror's 3D haunt was great from a design aspect..really liked the catwalks above between sets..allowed for some creative scares and actor efficiency. The art in my opinion was a tad overdone...not enough black separation between colors for it to pop well in most spots...but thats just my opinion. I did enjoy it a lot as well though overall.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
                -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

thank you

thank you for your replies. i think i got my answers i was looking for.
                  Chris Riehl
                  Sales@spookyfinder.com
                  (586)209-6935
                  www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Well, if you saw Judgement Day in 3D during MHC, everything probably wasn't finished. I didn't tour it during MHC, so I don't know. I've been to Terror Visions, Bad Trip in 3D, Judgement Day in 3D and many other 3D attractions during the 2010 season and Judgement Day in 3D is pretty incredible to say the least. Brewery Butcher 3D (part of The Terror Fest) in Columbus, OH is real good also. They're all great 3D attractions that have something unique that sets them apart. It's just what you prefer in an attraction.
                    Spooky Wishes
                    Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

There are some many styles that people like, don't like, I've heard people say they thought so and so attraction was the best when I look at it and say it might be one of the worst. Some people judge things simply on one night going through the attraction and thinking the actors are great, not even realizing 30 minutes later the actors could suck ... me personally I don't think you judge any haunt on the actors, because actors can be replaced, they can quit, they can be great one night and horrid the next.

The haunt itself is all you judge what is the potention of this haunt scaring customers, what gags are in place, the detail, sound, lighting, theming, storyline, all sorts of things ...

I would say most 3D haunts are not nearly scary as a more darker enviornment but that is my opinion.

Here is the reality... MOST HAUNTS OUT THERE DO NOT INCLUDE blacklight sections or have full blown 3D haunted houses...

WHY... because typically they are NOT scary and because most haunts had one and got rid of them because their customers got tired of it.

I don't think every show in America should have a 3D haunted house, only certain kinds of shows should even consider one... I had a 3D only haunt once the whole building was 3D ... it failed big time.

THE ONLY reason I did 3D like I said is because that 'FAILED' 3D haunt I had was a stand alone haunt that we had open for several years before we gave up... so it made sense to bring it back as an add on haunt, its really nothing more than simply an ADD ON haunt.

How much money you should put into a 3D haunt I would say most do not invest a lot into them which is why a guy like Stuart who will paint these things CHEAP gets most of the work painting 3D haunts.

I put a LOT of money into mine, but its attached to the Darkness. ON the flip side I have a 3D haunt as ONE OF SEVEN haunts out in Creepyworld but the 3D haunt is NOT very good, and I didn't put much money into it.

As most of the customers say 'its not scary'.

I put my money into the other attractions.

Because Terror VIsions is attached to THE DARKNESS, my reputation is on the line even if it wasn't 3D no matter what style haunt was back there I HAVE TO MAKE IT AWESOME... so Terror VIsions 3D is AWESOME!

I've had dozens of blacklight painters work for me since we started building 3D haunts for amusement parks, or 3D dark rides, and whatever else... how good your 3D haunt is simply how good you can direct your crew to give you exactly what you want.

Right now we have 3 awesome painters working for us full time, and they do amazing work, but it takes an entire team that puts everything together to make it really special... you need some special effects, you need some sets, props, facade, everything goes together to make them really special.

Its not about painters, sound, speicial effects, or props, or anything else its about how it turns out OVERALL in the end with all elemets combined.

Who can do the best job of that, or who has done the best job at that is a matter of personal opinion... however I think our 3D haunt has done that since the start before ANYONE was doing 3D all the way to today...

We are now taking our 3D haunt to yet ANOTHER LEVEL ... we are adding MORE layers to the cake but will it EVER be The Darkness, will it ever be as scary as The Darkness will it ever be something I can sell stand alone... Ahhh no, no matter who good it is now or in the future.

With all that being said I love Terror Visions and will love it 100 times more after our crew is done revamping it for the March Halloween show!!!!

Larry
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President
                      www.HalloweenProductions.com
                      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Thank you Larry for your insight on the 3d world. You make a lot of sense....it is about the overall finished product and I do agree it works better as an add on show. I am planning my 2011 season and everyones advice was very helpful. So to you Larry and the rest of the great people who replied to my post thank you and keep on haunting.....
                        Chris Riehl
                        Sales@spookyfinder.com
                        (586)209-6935
                        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

At my park the 3-D house is consistently voted as peoples favorite thing there. I think part of that is because its easy to remember all the bright colors and vortex tunnel and the lazer water cave. We also focus on the scares, it has great actor movement and they get alot of hits while the guests are distracted.
                          Larry is right, alone it would not do as well, but we put as much money into ours as our other shows and we have five other attractions as well.
                          www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                          http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

I like 3d haunts but im sick of seeing CLOWN TOWN everywhere Ive seen pics of the judgment day But what else are haunters doing.
                            BLOOD, GUTS AND GORE!
                            www.horrorfields.com

Comment

Mine is now pirate themed.
                              www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                              http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Working...
                              X