Inquiring Haunter Wants to Know : Graveyard Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inquiring Haunter Wants to Know : Graveyard Rules

I thought for sure someone could answer this one for me here. I have been looking all over the net for what the rules are for cemeteries when it comes to people taking photos.

Now the photos I am after require monsters (people in costume) and would be taken at night. I was wondering if I should call the cemetery to ask permission or you know, go stealth like and sneak in there.

Anyone have experience with taking photos for your websites or the like? Is it something that is allowed or would a phone call be in order here?

Set me straight on this, because my spidey instincts say sneak in, but my spidey legs can not run as fast as they used to

Thanks in advance!
    Mooo or Booo, what ever suits your fancy

Man, this could go to the gutter quick.....

Now I know many of you may have creeped into the cemetery for various other things, be it digging up grandma or fantasy renactments, and heck I will take those stories as well.

Like Jim, I can not wait to hear a story you may have about sneaking into a cemetery after dark. I am actually excited to see what you come up with here.

On a serious note, I really need some authentic pictures and this is the best way to do it.

I remember this one time in ghoul camp............

Let the fun begin
    Mooo or Booo, what ever suits your fancy

Comment

What's the old saying..."It's easier to beg forgiveness that to ask permission."

But seriously, it would probably be easier if it is a very old cemetary, one it would probably look better, two there probably wouldn't be anyone connected with it that would be offended.

You coulod always "ask for a friend". Right answer, "thank you very much", wrong answer " I told him it wouldn't work"!!

Good luck
      R&J Productions
      Las Vegas, NV
      www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

i cant say for sure but i think they are "closed" after dark...and i dont think you are gonna offen the residents...after all it is hard to hear any noise when you are burried 6 feet under ground and encased in a sealed coffin...some say it is disrespectful...and let them rest in piece..however i think this is the superstitious stuff that is created to kinda keep the vandals and the "bad element" out of the graveyards...i personally say go in there, get the pics, say thanks and leave...after all i am sure they dont get too many guests in there after hours and they are more than willing to play host to your company for a little while...who knows you may even be lucky enough to get a few on film...lol...i realize this advice isnt totally sound, probably somewhat illegal (trespassing) but then again, you only live once and soon enough we will all be at the bottom of the hole looking up saying, "HEY!!! dont you people know how to do good makeups...geez!!!

todd

Comment

Speaking from a law enforcement perspective, I suggest you call the person who owns the cemetary, as well as the police department (to let them know your down there) . If you don't , you will probably get arrested.
          Slash
          "If you fail to plan, plan to fail"

Comment

The local situation is flexible, ask the Policeman on duty, if they have been having litter thrown,like beer cans around he might say "No", if not and you can pass yourselves off as responsible adults with an actual mission they will probably say "Yes".
            If it is a big , old cemetary just saw out some 1/4 tombstones with a handle on the back and then you kneel down, instant hiding place!
            One of those flecky paint jobs helps too.
            Watch out for the body snatchers and satanists and ground hogs, werewolves and teenagers running full speed on a pitch dark night.
            Here if you ask the cemetary board, they will probably say "No".
            (Since most of them have one foot in the ground already!)
            Our local cemetary has woods on three sides , 6,400 grave markers, but coming down through those woods there are some sheer cliffs waiting to make your life more interesting , especially at night!
            How about taking daytime pictures with a sepia lense effect?
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I can tell you in our cemetery taking pictures and making rubbings from historical headstones is not a problem. The issue will come in when you add your monsters. I would think that if you could photograph at an angle where you cant read the names on the headstones you would be OK. This way a family cant say they were part of a photo op they did not want part of. Mike
              Mike Bizub

Ghouls Gulch www.GHOULSGULCH.com

Comment

HHHHMM? The only stones I want to photograph that have names on them, visible to the camera all say "Warfield" on them.
                One even says" James Warfield"! I seemed to have died when I was 4 years old. 1953? But it has much different math on the stone?
                "James G ."...I'm James S", different guy.
                This little village is down to 1,700 population, most bodies up there on that hill don't have anyone around here anymore, the first burial was 1835, I believe.
                I guess this is why I never gave a thought to offending family by showing a name on a stone?
                Thanks for that input.
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                X