No announcement yet.

What’s your Favorite theme…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like carnival/circusey things a lottttttt. Like, sideshow style deformities and stuff are creepy on their own, and fake pickled punks...and clowns. Just because it's so easy/entertaining to pick on coulrophobes. Oh and everyone's encountered some creepy fair employees at some point, so traditional carny workers are good.

Second favorite is probably hospital/asylum stuff....with too many questionable looking strange instruments everywhere. haha

Comment

Old traveling circus is my runner up! So many ideas to run with.. Thanks for all the responses.
      Fables Studios
      Your Home For Horror

www.FablesStudios.com
      https://www.facebook.com/FablesStudios

Comment

i think it'd be SO much fun to start up a fair, but market it as an old school "traditional carnival"......and still have all the regular fair stuff, like carosels/questionable rides/cotton candy/petting zoo and stuff, but then have a sideshow, too. and NOT market it as a haunt for a while and just have people wandering around in circus performer outfits/makeup and clowns and random other creepy things. so people are really at a "haunted carnival" but dont know it.

Comment

Yes! Devolino!

That would be much evil fun!
          Misrepresentation, fooling people then watching and listening as they slowly begin to worry about their surroundings and those populating it...
          I get to do such a thing many nights of the year. I sometimes miss this opportunity in the fall when it gets too busy to take the time to cultivate the mood, mess with their expectations, then sucker-punch their mental safety net and their responses mimic frightened clue-less children.
          Yes, it's all shamelessly feeding the ego. I probably have enough reputation "Badges" now to be a full-blown Ego-Scout!
          I'm "comfortable". I don't worry too much about someone possibly writing "Checks" on my Ego Account.
          In the finale everybody laughs, making it all good for all concerned.
          "Fooled Yah! I'm not really Dead!" (Or am I?)
          "Fooled Yah! I'm not really a totally crazy-person!" (Or???)
          You can't ask my old psychiatrist. He was found murdered in his car with his "goods"sliced free and shoved back inside of him. I was told.
          It wasn't My Doing, really it wasn't.
          True story.

Scared Yet?
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I have a house theme based around Texas Chainsaw Maasacre type story line. Its a theme Ive wanted to do for many years now.

But if things work out right next year, I have a new theme that'll will surely grab some major attention next year.

Im keeping my fingers crossed on that for next year.
            Brad Bowen
            Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
            www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

I have to agree with Devolino's pick. And to top it off, it's always our MOST EXTREME and AWESOME actors who want those crazed clown costumes and/or deformed circus sideshow masks. People FREAK out!
              Did you know...The HauntWorld Online Haunt Directory networks with ALL of these websites to bring you the BEST possible results for increasing your haunt business:
              www.HauntWorld.com
              www.HauntedHouseOnline.com
              www.FindHauntedHouses.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com
              It's the most comprehensive online ad campaign you can buy! I'd love to earn your advertising business. Email me today at blacklightminigolf@sbcglobal.net.

Comment

Originally posted by Patti Ludwinski View Post
                I have to agree with Devolino's pick. And to top it off, it's always our MOST EXTREME and AWESOME actors who want those crazed clown costumes and/or deformed circus sideshow masks. People FREAK out!
                Woo! I love it so much.

One year the state fair that comes through had a freak show tent? I'm not sure how they got away with it, but it was awesome. They had a bunch of weird stuff and then at the end a random capybara....haha

Comment

Its hard tp pick just one But I do love the GORE!!!!!!!!
                  BLOOD, GUTS AND GORE!
                  www.horrorfields.com

Comment

Originally posted by devolino View Post
                    They had a bunch of weird stuff and then at the end a random capybara....haha
                    That's one of those dog-sized rodents, isn't it? I suppose that it's fitting in a way, lol.

My favorite themes would have to be Gothic mansions, dark carnivals, graveyards, haunted woods, castles, and so on (pretty much things of a darker nature).
                    sigpic
                    http://www.cafepress.com/Darksydesigns
                    Wide variety of products, including clothing (from child to adult-sized), jewelry, wall clings, dog items, and much more. Many perfectly-suited for Halloween.

Comment

Originally posted by Darksydesigns View Post
                      That's one of those dog-sized rodents, isn't it? I suppose that it's fitting in a way, lol.

My favorite themes would have to be Gothic mansions, dark carnivals, graveyards, haunted woods, castles, and so on (pretty much things of a darker nature).
                      hahah yeah
                      http://www.jphpk.gov.my/English/m_03capybara.jpg

I really like castles, too.

Comment

Side-Show, side-Street Carnival 1937?

My Dad was just a kid when he paid a nickle, entered the tent pitched on the street in Savanna, Ill.
                        There was a car parked inside of the tent. During the following demonstrations the audience had the "entertainment" of seeing various sexual positions attainable using the fender and running boards of a car! (Real sex, male/female, racially mixed)
                        The next day the tent was gone, the street was again normal and "safe". The local churches had "heard" and ran then on down the road.. someplace?
                        And you might have thought sex was invented on-line? Just for your computer screen?
                        Sure couldn't do such a thing today!
                        The thin plastic and thin metal fenders would get damaged, then explain THAT to your insurance adjuster!
                        Deep butt-prints in the dent?
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Wow...:roll: That is too funny, Jim
                          sigpic
                          http://www.cafepress.com/Darksydesigns
                          Wide variety of products, including clothing (from child to adult-sized), jewelry, wall clings, dog items, and much more. Many perfectly-suited for Halloween.

Comment

Hmmm...

Tough question... I like asylum/hospital and carnival themes. They play to peoples fears more easily than any other theme. The inherent creepyness of asylums and old-timey carnivals makes it so that you can freak people without really even needing actors. Just the anticipation of what might be inside gets them so worked up that by the time they go inside, they're all mentally prepped to have the crap scared out of them.
                            "We throw tantrums like parties/We're not happy 'til everyone knows we're sick/And that's just how we like it " ~ Icon For Hire

“Believe only half of what you see and nothing that you hear.” ~ Edgar Allen Poe

Comment

I've done werewolves, a Silent Hill theme, pirates and clowns. Of those the Clowns seem to be my best one and one we have done ever since . I am tempted to head back to Pirates eventually though..that was a great theme. If I can ever split into two haunts I will have clowns and pirates. I've also wanted to do an entire haunt with a Jack O' Lantern theme aka Killer Pumpkins or some such..something that really screams HALLOWEEN .

Comment

Originally posted by Darksydesigns View Post

I agree. I like the dark and eerie things more than gore.

Comment

Working...
                                X