Derma bond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derma bond

my surgeon said he wasnt going to use stitches or staples sealing up my incisions (4). He said he was going to use glue, He was shocked when I asked what kind he said it was calle derma bond.
    Its pretty rocking stuff, its held up for 1 week and several showers ! Im looking into using it for prosthetics. It has a remover and I just ordered both I thought Id put a post on here checking to see if anyone had heard of it or used it.
    Allen H
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

what would you use it for? do you think it would take the place of latex or useing it for just a glue to hole things together, It prob. cost a bit too. But I like the way you think. Finding use for something that we wouldnt think of.
    BLOOD, GUTS AND GORE!
    www.horrorfields.com

Comment

Ill have to dust my copy off, but wasnt that stuff mentioned in Dick Smith's Monster Makeup Handbook? I know they briefly sold it at a costume shop by me several years ago, but never tried it, as they sold the adhesive but didnt have the remover and I didnt want to chance getting something permanently stuck on.

Was always a fan of 355 until they determined some of the solids used gave you cancer...then Kryolan Extra Strength Medical was the next best thing, and now I swear by Premiere Products Telesis...expensive, but have yet to find anything that holds better and comes off cleaner with its remover. I was introducted to it by Scream Team at Transworld in like 2000 I think it was... I offered myself up as a demo model to get a complimentary appliance, and that is what they used to apply it. I kept the appliance on for over 8 hours talking, eating, drinking etc...and not even a peeled corner..then when I sprayed on the remover came off like a glove, and have had similar results with their newer formulas since.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
      -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

Yeah I love telesis, but its stupid expensive. Just looking for options. yes Im looking at it as a glue, but it does dry into a rubbery type consistancy.
        www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
        http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

I've heard of it before, a patient at the hospital I did my EMT internship at had it put on to seal up a big gash on his stomach. (Think he said he tripped over the dog and landed on something...I don't remember. The only story that really stuck on my mind was the guy who just got out if the shower, open a drawer to get his razor and shaving cream and left it open...and as he leaned in to look at the mirror CRUSH....yes, he crushed those.)

Anyway, there is another medical adhesive that I am trying to remember the name of. It was used at the last haunt I volunteered at for prosthetics and such. I wish I could remember the name, it wasn't as strong and at the end of the night I could pull it off without much difficulty....even though it does have a remover. The only time I used a remover was when it was one of those baked foam latex full face prosthetics, because those rip easier.

Comment

You Can't Remember it's name

Because the removal chemical removed that memory, which makes lawsuits against the company very difficult.
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Yes Jim! That and I never did my own prosthetics...our makeup artist did a great job at them! I emailed her asking about the name but haven't heard back yet.

Comment

Working...
              X