Tron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tron

Me and the kids went to TRON midnight show... I'm sure most of you comic geeks out there saw the original Tron. This new movie isn't totally stand alone but seeing the first movie is a good idea, however the new film does flash backs and tries its best to get everyone up to speed if they didn't see the first movie which came out what 20 years ago?

The 3D is HORRID... in fact half the movie isn't in 3D at all. I doubt I've ever seen a worse 3D presentation than this film here... maybe Clash of the Titans. This movie should have dropped the bomb on 3D but it doesn't almost like it was an after thought, which is what I think happened. I think they tried to add 3D after they started filming like Clash of the Titans did.

Anyway overall Tron was REALLY AWESOME... if you liked the first Tron you'll like this one a lot. The special effects are way over the top of the original and the story was pretty cool.

I don't think the movie is for everyone but if you liked the first one you'll LOVE THIS ONE!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Good to hear. Im wanting to take this one in. But I was looking forward to the 3D being an added bonus. I remember seeing the first one as a kid and loving it.
    Damon
    Last edited by damon carson; 12-18-2010, 12:44 AM.
    Damon Carson

Comment

Tron Legacy

Got to catch Tron last night. Been busy with holidays ect. Finally got some time away. I can say I enjoyed it. It was a decent follow up to the original. The effects were really good. 3D was not in it very much at all. Good seeing some of the original stars in this one. Brings back memories thats for sure. If your a fan of the first one or even if you never saw it go check this one out. Its worth seeing.
      Damon
      Damon Carson

Comment

Originally posted by damon carson View Post
        Its worth seeing.
        Damon
        Eh... there were a lot of story flubs that just made me tilt my head and go "HUH ?!?". I liked it, it was OK, the story progression just didn't do it for me though. I'm not going to spoil it for any one but if you want I will be more then glad to mail you my personal problems with the movie.
        ~*~How is a raven like a writing desk ?
        ~*~*~There both the perfect tools for picking at the brain.
        ~*~*~*~An my favorite game you ask ?
        ~*~*~*~*~ Raven on the desk of course.

Jessica Ward

Comment

I really wasnt analyzing it from beginning to end. Anymore I go to movies to relax and enjoy them. And to be honest its been several years since I even seen the original. But I would like to read your flubs. Mights be interesting. Pm them to me if you will. Overall the effects, Jeff Bridges, & Bruce Boxlightner made it worth seeing. At least to me.
          Thanks,
          Damon
          Damon Carson

Comment

We saw it a few days after the release. I enjoyed it but I will definitely say it was NOT worth the $14.50/ticket we paid to see it in Imax 3d!!

Comment

eeh

I watched the original again before watching this one and all I can really say for it was great effects but it just didnt WOW me. Lately I have been more impressed with lower budget sci-fi and horror with better story telling. Everyone was impressed with the Transformer movies, I watched them once but will catch a B scifi several times.

Comment

Thats just it no movie is worth the prices they charge for 3D now excedera. The beginning of Tron said that most of the movie was shot in 2D. But yet your having to pay the extra $3.00 per person for the stupid glasses. Look at all the stupid movies that came out over the holidays. Practically everyone but maybe 2 were in 3D. The thing is 3D technology is already available for the home and this 3D only at the movies thing they got going is only gonna be a novelty for 6 months to a year. Two years tops maybe. So they are trying to put out as many 3D movies as they can before its a thing of the past.
                Damon
                Damon Carson

Comment

my fondest memory of the original Tron was going to Disney world as a kid shortly after the movies release. Every arcade was packed full of nothing but you guessed it Tron the game . I was in a tron hell !!!!
                  I'm only doing this to impress 2 people ... The fire marshal and the customer that's it !!!

Comment

I think that is what was so cool. It was the marketing they had. Tron the movie and then Tron the game. Gaming was big and so was arcades. You could be apart of the movie or feel like your in the game like Tron by playing it. It was a great concept. I've been playing the new disc game online against other online players. Its pretty cool.
                    Damon
                    Damon Carson

Comment

I thought it was pretty cool but I'm still a fan of the original.

Comment

Saw it today & was blown away! I LOVED it! Will see again.
                        missjayne
                        Netherworld Haunted Attractions
                        http://www.fearworld.com/

Comment

Originally posted by damon carson View Post
                          I really wasnt analyzing it from beginning to end. Anymore I go to movies to relax and enjoy them. And to be honest its been several years since I even seen the original. But I would like to read your flubs. Mights be interesting. Pm them to me if you will. Overall the effects, Jeff Bridges, & Bruce Boxlightner made it worth seeing. At least to me.
                          Thanks,
                          Damon
                          Posted on your profile so all can read. Feel my rage Carson.
                          ~*~How is a raven like a writing desk ?
                          ~*~*~There both the perfect tools for picking at the brain.
                          ~*~*~*~An my favorite game you ask ?
                          ~*~*~*~*~ Raven on the desk of course.

Jessica Ward

Comment

I can see some of your points but none of them were nothing major that didnt make the movie not go together as a whole. Each to his own is all I have to say. I still like the original the best. And the majority has the vote for liking Tron Legacy.
                            Damon
                            Damon Carson

Comment

Saw it last week in Imax XD3D. I agree with Barry that I was not happy with the $14.50 I spent on it as the 3D as with most movies anymore was disappointing, but the Imax sound and screen premium are always worth it to me as is Blu Ray vs DVD. Unfortunately they dont have the option for Imax XD non 3D when the movie is available in 3D. It is also a bummer that they dont let you reuse glasses to negate some of that premium price. I actually wrote to the Cinemark chain about this as well as the environmentally irresponsible nature of not encouraging guests to re-use thier old plastic glasses from other films, and received 2 free tickets for the complaint, but their answer was that the premium is for the extra cost to produce the film and not the glasses, and that we have the option to recycle the glasses and not make an environmental impact.

Overall I enjoyed it and am not mad I saw it...but everything about it just seemed overly epic...like how epic the trailer makes every movement look...the whole movie is like that except before he gets into the "grid" world. The soundtrack by Daft Punk as well as cameo was really cool too.

Id be really interested to see some behind the scenes of what if anything was live as far as costume accents and backgrounds, and how they did some of it. I'd guess probably 80+% was CGI, but some of it was convincing enough that it was hard to tell for sure. But then there were a couple "you know it is CGI" moments that were a tad disappointing.

For the costume and background stuff It looked too smooth to be EL Wire and not Blue enough to be blacklighting for all the electronic glowy looking stuff..so if any of that was live...im really curious how it was done.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
                              -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

Working...
                              X