Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Light System. Your advice.

Hey Guy's,

I saw that website DARKLIGHT has LED's on sale and they look pretty cool and simple. last year our lighting worked but was pretty amateur. This year i want to really update my lighting. Has anyone used these lights? And if so what are your thoughts. Or is there a differant vendor you would recommend?

Thanks much. Appreciate your input.

Buck
    Capt.Chaos
    Fear Asylum Haunted House
    Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

I would suggest minispotlight.com We used those since about 2007 and have been very happy with them. Personally, I would also support them as I am pretty sure they invented the product and Bert is a great guy.
    www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

I make my own LED mini spotlights, and they work great. I think mini spots will cover 80% of your lighting needs. Mine come out to cost a little less than $1 a piece. I can send a doc to you on how to make them if you wish. The best part is even if you make your own LED spots they will work with Darklights controller. The cost of the lights adds up quickly because I often use 8+ in a room. shoot me an email and I will send the document.
      Allen H
      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Depends on what you're wanting to light! We use a mix of large/small parcans, pinspots, LEDs from Daklight for scenes (they cover more area with little loss in color than minispotlight), and LEDs from MiniSpotlight for scene details and smaller accents!

Also, it all depends on your theme! In our castle, we have lots of faux candles and atmospheric lighting. In our hospital we use lots of strobes, flickering fluorescents, some atmospheric lighting (LEDs), and pinspots!

-Tyler
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Led

Allen,

Could you send me your doc w/ making led fixtures? We just started ordering our leds from all electronics magazine. they're incredibly inexpensive, but we're just looking for ways to mount them.
          Patrick Barberry
          www.legendsofthefog.com
          sigpic

Comment

send me an email to
            stiltbeast@gmail.com I cant attach a doc here or in a PM.

Comment

Candle power?

Count the candles!
              I once used candles only in the wine cellar a totally stone room. It looked really fantastic too! Three candle illuminated that room so well..but "The Ghosts" kept blowing them out..at least that is what my one former employee used to tell me when I would ask him why the room was totally dark.
              Sure.
              He's a ghost now but I don't have any candles for him.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Jim, have you run out of your medication? LOL!!

Happy Halloween OOPS! I mean

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Sue
                http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Comment

LED Tutorial reqeuest

Allen~

I too would like to request the word doc for the LEDs...

Thanks~

Jeff

lonewolfmage@gmail.com

Comment

Allen: Are you getting the casing for yours? Or are you simply wiring them and taping them? I can't seem to find a casing like they use. Hobbie tubing is the closest thing I can find but it seems expensive. We too make out own and it is much less than purchasing them.

Comment

Spookhaven, Allen showed me how to do these. I buy tomato stakes (4'), strip the green rubber coating off, its super easy, inside is a metal piping that the LED's fit into perfectly. I got a pipe cutter from Home Depot (size small), and then cut my sections at 1 1/2", the lights go in 1/2 way in the pipe and it works perfectly. I know the tomato stakes are out of season; however, if you have an Ace Hardware close, they carry them year round.

Comment

I have bought 5mm leds off of three different websites, and have compared them to MINISPOTs that I have purchased, and they do not compare. The MiniSpots are still brighter, and even with the narrow beam that I purchased, they are not as even and spotty as mini. So yes, you can do it yourself, but to date, I have not found any LEDS that compare... YET.

Comment

Keegan,
                          go to Ebay, type in superbright LED they are brighter than the minispots, the blue is much brighter than the minispot blue as is the green. They also need to be in a barrel to be a spot light.
                          email me, I will send you the document with all of the info in it.
                          Allen H
                          stiltbeast@gmail.com

Comment

Email sent sir =)

Comment

Check with us at Transworld. We have some new LED lights in the works that we'll have available at the show. These are lights designed and built in the USA by Lights Alive. Here's what I can announce so far:

* *- Flexible gooseneck for easy and precise positioning
                              * *- 12v AC or DC
                              * *- No resistor or controller needed
                              * *- Not polarity sensitive
                              * *- Weighted base for freestanding or mountable.
                              * *- Ultra bright LEDs
                              * *- Dimmable
                              * *- Numerous colors

In addition, we're working on a new high-end LED light with controls not offered by anyone else. Again, designed and built in the US by Lights Alive.

Stop at our booth in St. Louis.

Steve Peterka
                              Lights Alive
                              www.lights-alive.com
                              Steve Peterka
                              Lights Alive
                              www.lights-alive.com

Comment

Working...
                              X