Hauntworld Article IDEA!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hauntworld Article IDEA!!

How would you like YOUR name in print in a future Hauntworld Magazine article?? You say you can't write an article? What about that cool prop idea or neat effect that you built for your show? How about sharing it with your peers?

I want to do a continuing article call "The Devil In The Detail" where we can show interesting detailing ideas, props and effects showing how they were created. Now instead of a one time article that just shows stuff done by one person, I would like to compile ideas from many different sources provinding a continuing source of new ideas.

Here's how it will work. You have a cool idea, prop, etc. Take a few pictures showing how it was built and explain how you did it. Email the info to me. I will compile the ideas an include them in the article. Depending on the number of submissions, we might be able to catagorize them into different "themes" printing a few each issue.

This could be a great opportunity to share your unique ideas with the industry and get a little recognition to boot!!

If you have any questions just post them here or email me.
    You can email your ideas or questions to me at:

article@rjproductions.biz

I am sure that everyone out there has that one cool prop or idea that you would just LOVE to share and show off!!!! If you have a real fear of writing, just email me and I can assist you no problem! This can be a really cool continuing series article if YOU want it to be!!! Submit your ideas TODAY!

Rich
    R&J Productions
    Las Vegas, NV
    www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Cell phones have done away with the old corner phone booth, I was trying to get one to go with my Abe Lincoln display. Then I put the name tag on it:"John Wilkes" (phone) Booth.
    Watch out Abe! He's right behind you!
    Maybe his phone would have began ringing , Abe would have turned around and history would be different today?
    I got lots of "ideas"!
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Jim, I could sit down and enjoy a book written by you for weeks on end! You have an amazing mind my friend. Often times I want to respond to things you post, but I would hate to diminish the impact of your comments with my far less than clever reply. I wish my mind was as quick and creative as yours my friend! Have you ever thought about writing a book?

Now, back to topic so I'm not hi-jacking the thread. I think this is a great idea Rich! I'd love to read this in HW Magazine! That reminds me, I still need to send in my renewal so I can get the latest copy and get caught up on my reading after our Spring Break event is done.

Kel
      Chris Riehl
      Sales@spookyfinder.com
      (586)209-6935
      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Great idea. Could make for a good read and valuable to many haunters.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
        http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
        "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
        http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

Just remember guys, the arrticle series will only be as good as and run as long as there are SUBMISSIONS!!!

I don't want to do a one time article of just one person's props ideas. Sure I have a few ideas, everyone does. THAT is my point. You could have a huge attraction with big sets yet when asked about your "cool idea" you might come back with "I really like the embalming machine I did for our morgue scene". WHich come to think about I DO have a cool embalming machine that I created from a picture Cydney Neil sent me years ago.

This is a VERY diverse group which could make for a great article and a long running series. IF you only participate and submit ideas.

Look at the Monster List site. People have good ideas. While most of those ideas on that list lean towards the Home Haunt community, you can't tell me the Pro Haunt side is any LESS creative!!!

Do everyone a favor. Search your attraction. Look for a really neat detail and SHARE it!!

I look forward to seeing that creative side of our industry!!

Rich
          R&J Productions
          Las Vegas, NV
          www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

Working...
          X