Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocky Point Article

well,

I have to say the RP article in HW was excellent. Now we have spoke our minds about it before on here, but I am bringing this up because a few of my associates that are not in the industry were looking through my HW mag and they commented on the article, and how they were drawn in to it and enjoyed it even though they know nothing about the industry.

So I have to say once again, great job on the article Larry and the fact that it captured non-haunter readers, you know it was a good one.

2 Limbs up once again.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
    http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
    "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
    http://www.costumesforkids.net

I finally got a minute to read the article myself. I have to agree, it was a great piece. There have always been different "camps" when referring to Cydney. From a personally point of view all I know is that when I got started in the business I attendeed a seminar of hers, having some prior knowledge of her topic I was impressed with the information. Later I had posted oin a message board about needing details for a morgue scene. Cydney not only contacted me, put took the time to color copy Polaroid pictures she had from the actual Salt Lake City Morgue!!! A friend had got her in so she too could do alitlle research for a room.

As I have grown in the industry to now do articles and seminars and share info and experiences that I have, I always look back and remember that simple gesture she made to someone she no reason to help!

The article gives more people a chance to know the "real" Cydney. While it is a shame that she is leaving the haunt business, my hope is she doesn't leave the haunt industry.

I know she will be successful no matter what direct she takes. I wish her the best of luck! I feel priviliaged and lucky to have what little time I have had to know her.

It was a great article and helps set the tone and direction Hauntworld Magazine can achieve! (and I didn't even write an article for this one!!!)
    R&J Productions
    Las Vegas, NV
    www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

Rich, I have to agree. Last year I posted a question here on the board regarding suggestions as to what to use for ground cover in a cemetary scene. Cydney send me a personal email offering me suggestions and she included photos of her graveyard.
      Kevin
      MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

Thanks a bunch... I was wondering how people would react to it. We actually had a different haunt planned for the cover but when we realize RPH was going under the tombstone, we figured we needed to do something. Cydney wanted Hauntworld Magazine to do the final article, and we agreed.

Rocky Point is a great haunted house no question! The article was fun to put together, because she said I could ask her any question I watned. I slipped in the Hanf O Damos question. I thought Rich would love it... LOL

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
        X