X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On TV last October,Redo at Thrillvania

http://www.hulu.com/watch/188844/hal...use#s-p1-so-i0
    sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing this Greg!

Dan, you did an awesome job as always my friend!

Kel
    sigpic
    Kelly Allen
    Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
    www.RaycliffManor.com
    www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
    www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Good stuff
      Way to Dan
      Gary
      Midnight Evil Productions
      www.MidnightEvil.com
      Owner/Operator of www.CoffinCreek.com/
      www.Twitter.com/CoffinCreek

Comment

Yeah, I remember when this was aired, it was a really cool project and I still think it's on my DVR somewhere haha. Also, didn't this spark some sort of "mild disagreement" with a post about best 3-d haunt on here shortly after halloween?

Anyway, one really cool show. I wish more haunts were able to make t.v, sort of like a behind the scenes look at how things are run even when it's open, it could be the scary version of Full Throttle Saloon!

Comment

It was a fun build, I got to paint the facade...a few times lol. Dan was fun to work with and its a great 3D haunt. I stayed off camera as much as possible, but you can spot me on the roof in a cowboy hat (the sun beats down hard in Texas and both directions on a tin roof)
          Allen H
          www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
          http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

I have to say, this was the second I haunt I'd ever been to and it was amazing. I happen to have a terrible fear of clowns, so your actors had a heck of alot of fun following me around... Unfortunately, I was unable to appreciate all the hard work you'd put into the attraction since I was terribly distracted. I watched this video after the fact and was able to enjoy the haunt all over again and see all the cool effects I missed the first time!
            sigpic
            Catie Mahfouz
            Blood Ink Writing Service
            www.hauntwriter.com

Comment

I was very impressed with this show. I liked how they showed more than just the "fun" parts...it was a nice behind the scenes.

I also liked the Nightmare Factory special on Extreme Makeover, but wish the build footage approach was more like this special.

Regardless good to actually see stuff on a personal level like haunting you can relate to in the positive media for a change.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
              -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

Originally posted by HauntChick View Post
                I have to say, this was the second haunt I'd ever been to and it was amazing.
                You mean your whole life ? Really ?
                ~*~How is a raven like a writing desk ?
                ~*~*~There both the perfect tools for picking at the brain.
                ~*~*~*~An my favorite game you ask ?
                ~*~*~*~*~ Raven on the desk of course.

Jessica Ward

Comment

yes, my very first haunted house was Cutting Edge. 2010 was the very first year to actually be involved in Halloween other than my normal strange obsession.
                  sigpic
                  Catie Mahfouz
                  Blood Ink Writing Service
                  www.hauntwriter.com

Comment

wow that is some major work on a haunt.. props to the guys at thrillvania... it has been a few years now since i have stopped working for steve in AZ after they closed the nest in its first area i moved on to one of steve and glen's friends huant (AZ Scream Park).. Steve is always trying to improve on the industry on way or another....
                    SCORN
                    MANAGER AT SCAREMARE
                    LOCATED IN LYNCHBURG, VA
                    2017 45 YEARS OF FEAR!!!

Comment

That's awesome Allen! I didn't realize you were involved in this project too... SWEET! Congratulations on a job well done my friend!

Kel
                      sigpic
                      Kelly Allen
                      Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
                      www.RaycliffManor.com
                      www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
                      www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Thanks for the nice words guys!...and thanks for letting me know about this thread Kel!...miss you buddy! It has been forever since I was last on the HW forums.

The Cassandra's renovation was a really fun project, especially having the DIY team out there the whole month-month and a half I was out there. I did all of the design and project management of the renovation, which meant I was able to pull in a lot of very talented people (including Allen!) to bring my designs to life. It was a great team effort, and I actually recruited several people (including Allen! ) for the project from the HW forum.

I've seen a LOT of other 3D haunts out there, and this one definitely ranks up there with the best of them, if not the best (patting self on back LOL). In all seriousness, I was very honored to be selected for the project, and am very proud of what we accomplished there at Thrillvania. It was one of eight different haunts my design company was heavily involved with in 2010, and Steve is one of my favorite people in the industry to work with.

I was able to check out a ton of other friends' haunts in the area while I was out there which were all amazing, including House of Torment, Reindeer Manor, 13th Street Morgue, Dungeon of Doom, Zombie Manor, and Dallas ScareGrounds. I really wanted to check out my good friends D'Ann Dagen and Todd James' places, but time wouldn't allow. Big thanks for all your guys' hospitality, and HUGE thanks to Kathryn DeSautell for being my "personal driver" for all those fun trips! You rock girl!!!

Currently I am working on a year-round 3D funhouse type attraction near West Palm Beach FL that will ramp it up for October into a haunted attraction. Is there anyone here on the forums that lives near there interested in getting involved? If so, send me an email offlist to Dan@ThemedAttractionDesign.com .

Thanks!
                        Dan Faupel
                        www.ThemedAttractionDesign.com
                        www.HauntCostumes.com

Comment

Was totally my pleasure Dan the man...and you'll just have to come back to catch the other haunts we missed! (I just had lunch with D'Ann last week).

Oh wait...maybe I should just move to W.Palm!!! lol!

Thanks for the link-I don't get DIY so this will be a treat

Kathryn
                          Kathryn DeSautell
                          Lafitte's Landing, Dark Shadows Entertainment

Comment

Luv ya girl!...can't wait to get out that way again!
                            Dan Faupel
                            www.ThemedAttractionDesign.com
                            www.HauntCostumes.com

Comment

Dan,

Are you coming to the haunt show this year? I hope you decide to do the Darkness haunt tour so you can see our 3D haunted house... I think you will be ummm blown away! And I mean that as we've added this dynamite scene where you will be ahhh BLOWN AWAY! LOL

We have done things in the new Terror Visions no other haunt I've ever seen has even tried to do... we are really trying to push Terror Visions and squeeze 3D for whats its worth.

Tough!

I don't know how long we can keep a 3D haunt as part of Darkness but we are trying our best to take what we have, reinvent and then go over the top... I think we've done that yet again!

Personally and maybe its just me but there is NO better 3D haunt anywhere, but as they always say its just an matter of opinion! We've got an incredible crew of 3D painters working on Terror Visions doing the best art we've ever had,and doing some twists and turns that will really be eye openers for some people!

Again I hope you come and check it out! Good luck with your other projects! Congrats on the DIY thing... nice job!

Larry
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President
                              www.HalloweenProductions.com
                              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
                              X