2011 Haunted Overload progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Damon,

Maybe we can make a video when the costume is all finished. It's still being worked on at this point. I'll keep you posted, I can't wait to see it in action either.

Eric
    www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Here's what we worked on today. These pumpkins and hands were started last year but with so much to rebuild they never got finished. I was finally able to block out the faces while Tom worked on blocking out the stems in pink foam. These are different than the Great Stuff over a balloon. They consist of a ball of open cell urethane foam followed by a coat of closed cell harder foam. You can carve down the outer layer of foam and dig out the soft inner foam just like a real pumpkin, it's cool. I got a spray foam insulation company to do this for me.

Much more refining and detailing to go. You can see I need to dig out more foam on three of them. I'll pick up on it next week. We are bracing for a huge snow storm the next two days. I'll probably end up staying in a hotel for work.

www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Awesome stuff. The things you are doing are simply amazing. My hats off to ya... Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Eric!

I need about 2 dozen pumkins! I will email you my address! I love those you do they rock! Shane and it's you always blow my mind! Shane
          sigpic

Comment

Beautiful work!
            http://darkscares.com/

sigpic

Comment

Worked on a new splash page for the website today. This could also be used for a desktop background.

www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

I love that!

I remember when you first posted the siloette picture. You have such a great photoghrapher!!!!!
                *Sigh*I can't wait til' October

Comment

I think the new character of old scratch will be a great addition and when I saw it I thought about the old newspaper headline from the Hartford shire paper about the "mowing" devil...maybe you could incorporate something like this....knowing how you like to work on such a grand scale and your haunt is steeped in Halloween, a giant crop circle would be just so fitting with your very own mowing devil in the middle....and I am a neighbor of yours to the north, I work at the Ghoullog in North Conway and I plan on getting down to Lee this fall season! Your place just looks so incredible and must be even more so in person.[IMG]http://www.cropcirclesearch.com/imgs/mowing.jpg
                  Last edited by actscared; 02-23-2011, 06:11 PM. Reason: attached pic not showing

Comment

More costumes

Thanks Pumpkin King, I agree Artifact Images are the best around. I really like this one!

Actscared,

Anytime you are around the area this summer shoot me an email at EL1450@comcast.net and I'll give you a tour. Same goes for any haunter on this forum. We are there at some point most weekends during the summer picking away at the new construction.

Here are a few more costumes in the works from our resident costume designer Rae Enslin. She is extremely talented and we are lucky to have her on our staff. You may remember her from the Mr Ded article in Hauntworld. My wife Janice needed a new costume for this year. She is the ticket taker and didn't want to have a scary one. When finished, this costume will look awesome and provide some eye candy while patrons hand her the tickets and wait to go in the attraction. I have encluded Rae's info for each photo.

Enjoy,

Eric

Initial concept sketch for Lady Autumn costume. (Ticket taker) Sketch by Robert Quill.

I like to test out my color selections by draping them on a mannequin, so I can stand back and look at them before I start cutting anything.

This mask provided the inspiration for the color palette.

Lady Autumn about 80% done. Mask has been cut down and reshaped. Still experimenting with fabrics on upper body, LOTS of trim and sparkle still to be added.
                    www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Initial costume sketch for Nurse Hearse. (Queue entertainment character.) Sketch by Robert Quill

The costume is based on a vintage style nurse's uniform.

The actor and I opted to go with similar colors to the inspiration piece, but we're using a corset to give it a more costumed feel. The black trim will add contrast to an otherwise monochromatic outfit. It should be more effective in the dark this way. Still some trim and finishing work to be done.
                      www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Awsome pics and great story. You guys always do great work every year.
                        sigpic
                        a.k.a. The Butcher
                        a.k.a. Hauntlord

Comment

Wow, wow, wow. I just love those costumes.... The Autumn one is gorgeous!!

Comment

Nurse Hearse is going to look great in those old western movie full lace up boots.

Going the opposite direction from fetishy steam punk gives it a real authentic
                            old school scare that fits Haunted Overload nicely. Post some make up treatments
                            when you have sketches. Great work.

Comment

Thanks folks!! It's nice to hear that people like the look of everything before it's even finished. I'll keep posting as things progress.

Hopefully we'll have some nice photos of the completed costumes from Artifact when we get rolling this season.

Lady Autumn is long overdue. Eric's wife is petite and very pretty, and every year she stuffs oversized clothes with hay and does a simple scarecrow costume. I had this idea for her, and when I told her that I wanted to make her a prettier costume her response was, "Oh, thank you!! I'm so tired of being the haunt goober!!"
                              Never knock on Death's door. Ring the doorbell and run. He hates that.

Comment

Made a new gif for the leaderboard ad on the NH state page of Hauntworld tonight. We'll see how it looks when Larry puts it up there. I like this photo so It will be a reoccurring theme for our advertising this year. It's looking a little weird on here though. It looks like it's moving back and forth. I'll see if it does that on the actual site. On my screen it just looks like still flickering. I think it's because of PhotoBucket. Maybe it will attract some clicks because of the movement if it still does that when uploaded.

Last edited by elowther; 02-26-2011, 10:59 PM.
                                www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Working...
                                X