No announcement yet.

2011 Haunted Overload progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eric, looking good on everything so far.

Keep us posted on everything. Its a good inspiration on my down days to see all of this, and it keeps me going when people post all of their updates.
    Brad Bowen
    Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
    www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Eric,

My family has a house up in North Haverhill, I'm not sure how close that is to you or not, but we go up to new Hampshire a LOT and I'd gladly volunteer a helping hand to you when I'm up there this summer if you want it. (that and I also really want to see your creations in person! )

Comment

Great looking stuff Eric...I love the old mill blade and tools...good luck this year man!
        Dan Faupel
        www.ThemedAttractionDesign.com
        www.HauntCostumes.com

Comment

Everything is looking great Eric! Does your artist do freelance work for drawing costumes?

DA

Comment

I can answer that one. Robert is indeed available for freelance sketch work. It's his full time job.

His website for commissioned artwork can be found here.

http://www.robertquill.com/

For those of you who are planning on attending, he'll be at the National Haunter's Convention in May as a vendor.
            Never knock on Death's door. Ring the doorbell and run. He hates that.

Comment

Wow that is some really nifty work by Robert.

I always wished I had better artistic ability, but no such luck.
              ----------------------------------------------
              A.J. Porfirio

Comment

eric, thanks for posting all of this information

loved every minute of your cast party video. 25 minutes of halloween bliss! is that Joe Satriani music on there? rockin' stuff !!!!!! great soundtrack! Keep the stuff comin' man!!! Always great to see your haunt and your posts on here. I gotta get there (someday!) take care!!!! love the links to the richard christy stuff also. chuck

Comment

Thanks Brad, I love when people post their progress photos as well. I find that by posting this stuff it keeps me motivated. Knowing I posted that I will do this or that keeps the pressure on because I know people will be wanting to see the finished results. I also like to look back on the thread when the season wraps to see what we have accomplished. It is also great to send a link like this to news organizations when the season rolls around. It's a great account of our progress through the year as long as we keep up with the thread. I'll post more on the pumpkins next week. Progress is slow on them. Took two weeks off of working on them but should have more to show next Monday night.

Bobby, Email me at el1450@comcast.net when you will be around this summer. We would love the help and to give you a tour as well. It's fun to see the new stuff going up.

Dan, thanks I got an even bigger saw blade now. My father was going to sell it but decided to give it to me for the haunt. I'm psyched!

DA, Robert is great you won't be disappointed if you use him.

Chuck, We purchase music tracks from Smart Sounds for the videos. They have some kick ass stuff that goes perfectly with our images and videos. It wouldn't be the same without those tracks. You can change up the music with the software as well, it's cool. Glad you like this thread.

http://www.smartsound.com/

Since this is a progress thread I'll post something that isn't nearly finished yet. I started work on a possible t shirt design last night. My computer is the biggest piece of crap, I need a new one bad. Working with high res files takes forever. I have more work to do on this, I may want fire in the logo or eyes, we'll see. Sometimes I don't even know how it will turn out. It was going so slow I'll have to pick it up next weekend. Also when you get to close to the artwork you have to walk away for a while and view it with fresh eyes.

Enjoy,

Eric

www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Eric

AWSOME! Shane and it's I am so jealous! Shane
                    sigpic

Comment

Eric I have to say you have the best pics of any haunt in the biz! The lighting is the key I think!
                      Damon
                      Damon Carson

Comment

thanks for answering my post, Eric...........

you and your successful haunt (and your entire crew) are a TRUE icon and inspiration to EVERYONE in this business. (haunt owners and haunt fans alike) Your original ideas ROCK big time. Keep the photos coming, and thanks for the info on your music service. the music in your cast party video kicks ass !!!!!

Comment

Thanks Damon, I think Artifact Images are the best! It makes a huge difference and pushes me to add more detail and lighting because I know they will capture the scene in the most insane way. That is one of my favorite parts of the haunt is looking at the photos at the end.

Chuck, Thank you from me and my entire crew for that comment. Teamwork is awesome and none of us would be anywhere without it. The best thing about haunting is all the passionate people you meet in the industry or suck into the haunt. It's like a vacuum, consuming anyone that has an interest in creating something or scaring people into it. I have a much bigger family now than before the haunt and it gets bigger every year. We may not be the biggest haunt around but we all love putting on the best show we can and try like hell.

I can't believe this coming season will mark our 5th from the small front yard of my house. I have big plans for this year, can't wait to start working on the new models for the buildings we will construct this summer. I'll post them as they are made. I want to get my website redesigned first. Last year the move was tough and the haunt was not nearly what I would have like it to be but we pulled it off. I'm looking forward to improving upon last year.

I love looking back at old photos. Here are some from the Home haunt in 2004 and 2006. Now you can see why we had to move out of the neighborhood, lol! My house is completely covered up.

www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Sounds great! I'll keep you posted. I love the images! I wish I had neighbors with front yards like that.

Comment

Classic looking stuff!! That 2004 pic the house to the left of the reaper reminded me of Amityville house, just a bit.

DA

Comment

That is one amazing Home Haunt!
                                http://darkscares.com/

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X