Oblivion Haunted House 2011 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oblivion Haunted House 2011 Thread

Hey guys! Erick from Oblivion Haunted House!
    Havent been on the Forum in a while but glad to be back! Work has been crazy and planning next years haunt is underway!

We have found out the the owner of our building is going to rennovate next year into offices - thus begins the search for a new location. Obviously NOT what we wanted to hear but knew it may happen.

We had a VERY successful year and cannot wait to meet so many of you this march at TRANSWORLD. If you would like to meet me and the crew out - please drop me a PM and hopefully we can meet for a drink and put names with the avatars!

Here is a short video one of our actors did. It features some footage of our "Scare Cam" which guests could watch the group behind them get scared by a drop panel at the exit. You exited our haunt through a gift shop. We doubled merchandise sales when we put that camera in there, because it caused patrons to hang out longer in the gift shop, instead of exiting right away. We are DEFFINATLY doing this again!

I will take cue from Eric from Haunted Overload and begin our 2011 season progress thread. I also loved watching Haunted Overload, Disturbia, Folklore and Haunted High's progress last year. I will post periodically as we deconstruct sets and search for a good location for next years event.

Enjoy!

"My day is not complete unless I have terrified a complete stranger!"

Erick James Gyrion
    Owner - Oblivion Haunted House
    Menasha, Wisconsin

www.oblivionhauntedhouse.com

Erick

Good luck my friend I wish you the best in 2011 and hope you get to attend my party and take something cool home with you! Look me up! Shane and it's see you soon! Shane this time!
    sigpic

Comment

Man that's a bummer you have to move Erick. Good luck with finding a spot and constructing. It will be a challenge but you have good momentum and a great team. You might find yourself in an even better spot! I look forward to watching the progress. Thanks for posting, it's cool to see a few 2011 haunt threads already.

Eric
      www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Thanks guys! We are in discussions with another local established haunt who has invited us to build at their location to create a small 'scream park'. We are also looking at an old school house this weekend. More info to come!
        Attached Files

Erick James Gyrion
        Menasha, Wisconsin

Comment

We have been brainstorming our ideas and sketching away on ideas and plans for 2011!

Check back for constant updates and photos of the progress!

Erick James Gyrion
          Menasha, Wisconsin

Comment

There's nothing like a huge change to get the motivation going. Even though it's a pain it must be exciting to think of the new possibilities. It's good you found out this early in the year.

This thread is going to be cool! Can't wait to see the progress and how it turns out.

Eric
            www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Nice, the outside is already to go.
              Originally posted by OblivionHauntedHouse View Post
              Thanks guys! We are in discussions with another local established haunt who has invited us to build at their location to create a small 'scream park'. We are also looking at an old school house this weekend. More info to come!
              Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Originally posted by SomeThingInTheIce View Post
                Nice, the outside is already to go.
                Yeah the outside is amazing and the inside has a full bar, from when it was a ball and ballroom. A Win Win!

Erick James Gyrion
                Menasha, Wisconsin

Comment

Update!

Alot have happened since my last post.

As soon as the owner found out that we were moving completely, we were asked to produce a smaller event for use of the building at no cost. They are rennovating a large portion of our building but we still will have a decent sized haunt. The section we are using has 5,000 square feet that we didnt even touch last season. Attached are some photos of year down. 183236_1834411630017_1532236982_31932683_618646_n.jpg183664_1834413550065_1532236982_31932691_4311362_n.jpg190187_1834413190056_1532236982_31932689_2623784_n.jpg181898_1834411230007_1532236982_31932681_6149653_n.jpg190248_1834411790021_1532236982_31932684_8269125_n.jpg

Erick James Gyrion
                  Menasha, Wisconsin

Comment

That's great you don't have to move Erick! No cost is even better! You can do a lot with that space and get creative with the design for maximum scares, it will be cool! Thanks for the update.

Eric
                    www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Originally posted by elowther View Post
                      That's great you don't have to move Erick! No cost is even better! You can do a lot with that space and get creative with the design for maximum scares, it will be cool! Thanks for the update.

Eric
                      Yea! The walls of the building are even a little creepy if used right. Great job so far!
                      *Sigh*I can't wait til' October

Comment

Working on our logo. I woke up this morning and saw my sweatshirt on the floor and thought "my that text is quite bubbly and cheery!" thought I would try to "scare" it up a bit.

Old Logo
                        OblivonLogo2White.jpg

Possible New Logo (first draft)
                        2011Logo.jpg

Erick James Gyrion
                        Menasha, Wisconsin

Comment

Played around for a while and finally got what I think we are looking for. Thoughts?

Final.jpg

Erick James Gyrion
                          Menasha, Wisconsin

Comment

Originally posted by OblivionHauntedHouse View Post
                            Played around for a while and finally got what I think we are looking for. Thoughts?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8764[/ATTACH]

Looks great, but I'm still kinda partial to the see-through wings with the color matching "Oblivion." I think you'd be fine with either one, just personal preference.

Edit: On a second look, it does distinguish itself from last season's design.
                            Last edited by Novus; 03-22-2011, 03:32 PM.
                            Ryan

Comment

Well we meet this weekend to plan out our layout for the season! Getting very excited! I am making headway on the new, revamped version of the logo.
                              Attached is a photo of the current state of progress.
                              I also attached a picture of the building. This is the same building we were in last year and have signed a 3 year lease with the owners. The front of the building is actually the exit to the haunt and there is now a parking lot to the left.

HauntOutside.jpg

ColorWithWings.jpg

Erick James Gyrion
                              Menasha, Wisconsin

Comment

Working...
                              X