No announcement yet.

Best cordless drill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe this belongs under the hauntworld award post.

Anyway, I really, really like Dewalt. I have a bunch of Ryobi cordless tools as well, inexpensive and reliable. But if I could I would always pick Dewalt.
    Jared Layman

Comment

this may seem redundant...

When we first started the haunt... we put everything together with a paslode cordless nail guns. At the time, we thought they were the best available. In 2008 when rip (Gary) came aboard the build crew, we began using his dewalt 18v impact drivers... man, they're the best way to go.
      I hate the thump:thump:thump of the phillips head rising out of the screw when trying to use a regular drill. The impact drivers eliminate the headache of trying to use these. Also, they're lighter, and you have to apply less pressure to the screw.

Ok... so Ridgid vs. dewalt...
      In 2008 I also bought a set of tools... i went to depot, and they had a great sale on these "super powerful" ridgid 24v combo kits. I bought their saw-zall, drill, circular and an impactor and the all important flashlight that came with the kit (what a joke). They were obviously more powerful coming out of the kit... but after the first season of heavy use... they began losing power. Out of the 4 batteries that I purchased, I only have 2 left working. Furthermore... guess who lost the receipt? this guy.

Now we're making the switch back to dewalt. It is best when your whole crew can operate off of the same batteries. Whether they're the nickel-cad or the lithium ion batteries... Dewalt will always be our first choice!
      Patrick Barberry
      www.legendsofthefog.com
      sigpic

Comment

Graveyard,

For those Ryobi's just be careful when choosing your Impact driver since one has a light and one doesn't but they look identical. I think the light is sku# is P230A, which retails for $69. I've been burned before and realized it wasn't the one with the light so I make sure now. Still a good and reliable cordless drill.

DA

Comment

A word concerning batterys

Just a few yrs. ago there was a big job building a warehouse. Over the weekend somebody cut through the metal wall and stole every battery from every tool for the self-destructive hobby of getting hi from concoctions made from the lithium, also a very dangerous pursuit sometimes resulting in very nasty chemical burns, to say the least.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

From reading your post Darkangel I do believe you did get burnt once maybe twice in your life.
            Damon
            Damon Carson

Comment

Damon,

Please explain? If you're referring to getting burned on the drill exclusively, rest assured, I had the receipt and made the exchange!

Comment

I own a construction company and i use Dewalt 18v impact for everything except masonry work you need a hammer drill for that and i use Hilti for masonry. I have used just about every drill under the sun the dewalt's just seem to last longer and i don't have the time to wait the 4 to 6 weeks it took some of my friends to get there ridged stuff back from warranty. But everyone has there preference if you go to a local home show they usually have a bunch of different brands you can try. But I would only get the impact drills they are far superior than everything else.

Comment

Ive been out of town for the last few days with no access to a computer. Since my first post I have stumbled across several batteries for my dewalt drills.
                  The dewalt drills I have are work horses and with the addition of more batteries will help continue our use of them.
                  As far as impact or regular drill, I think the preferred is obvious. They just work better in my opinion also.
                  So now the batteries are charged up...... Lets get building!
                  Greg
                  Fearfest
                  Last edited by N2SPOOKINU; 01-21-2011, 08:15 PM.
                  Greg Allen
                  scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
                  www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

Heres my opinion and take it for what it is worth I use my cordless tools 330 days a year and thats no joke My job requires them and the haunt requires them so we can build ....DEWALT is the way to go I have had them all....b&d firestorms, Makita, Ryobi and craftsman.....dewalt by far is the best I have 18 volt..impacts and hammer drills as well as circular, recipercating, grinding and jigsaws all are dewalt....I do like the new lithium batteries though....I have rebuilt my dewalt batteries very easy to do and you can get all materials from radio shack and youtube shows you how....also when buying a dewalt set make sure you charger has that feature that will drain your battery down and trickle charge it back to full charge you do this every 8-10 charges and keep you batteries stored in comfortable temps mine come in every nite during the winter because cold weather will drain them.....Rigid cordless tools run away from them they are having major flaws with them and may not be warrentied.....dewalt is the way to go....any questions hit me up with a private message.....rip

Comment

Milwaukee all the way for me. A little more upfront expense but outstanding performance. I have 28v, 12v and 18v. In the process of transitioning to mostly using the M18 stuff as the 28v batteries are just too expensive and the M18 tools are lighter, smaller and perform nearly was well.

Brett Hays, Director
                      Fear Fair
                      www.fearfair.com

Comment

Working...
                      X