HAUNTCON

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAUNTCON

I was wondering what the price is for Hauntcon? I have been on the site and I did not see anything. Me and my buddies where going to drive up Friday and hit the convention stuff going on Either friday evening and all day Saturday. Then drive back home Sunday. So anyone know what just a one day pass would run?

Thanks
    Dennis Moyer

Full Weekend Registration Fee (May 3-6) $55.00

Friday Night Haunt Tour and Social (May 4) $40.00

Haunted Attraction Costume Ball (Saturday May 5) $50.00

Full Access VIP Combo Ticket (May 4-6) $200.00

http://hauntcon.com/store/index.php?cPath=32

Comment

So they do not have a one day pass for just Saturday? would have to buy a weekend pass? If I am reading the page correctly?

Comment

Yes, as far as I know it has always been a weekend pass.

Comment

Additionally keep in mind all the other stuff going on at Hauntcon cost extra, tours, some dance they have, blah, blah. From what I understand you pay your entry fee which only gets you access to the show floor and all the seminars.

Not sure how much the tours are and their dance or whatever else they're doing... but everything else is extra.

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Haunt X also did the same thing with all events being charged seperately.

Hopefully, Hauntcon has a listing of prices for the added events on their web page.
            The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

Barry listed those items above...the costume ball and the Friday night haunt tour. Last year they had an additional trip to Rocky Point and a few other haunts, and those were at an additional cost, as well.
              www.mindseizure.com
              www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Hopefully HC takes a valuable lesson from Haunt X. Will Shock had the best of intensions and worked his butt off, to no avail since it's now up for sale!!

For an outsider's point of view I think FOCUS had a lot to do with it. HauntX couldn't figure out if it was a haunter’s convention or a horror fan convention. A Haunt owner wants to see things involving his business. He doesn't mind a little entertainment but he needs info keeps him in business. Horror fans are the same audience we as a haunt owners are after. Do we want our customers at a convention seeing how to "create the magic"???? It becomes a conflict.

HC could face the same dilemma if not careful. From a business point of running the show you need NUMBERS to make it work, very simple. But because it would be difficult to get the numbers necessary to be profitable strictly from Haunt Owners and Operators, you need to open up to haunt actors, haunt enthusiasts, then maybe even into the pure horror fan base like Haunt X did.

Now the problem goes back to the Haunt Operators. If they are the initial focus of the show as HC claims, you now have actors and fans able to take seminars that deal with how you do business. Vendors stop supporting your show because how many horror fans are going to buy $1,500 animations????

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with creating a fun show that is purely fan or enthusiast based. Many Haunt owners are ALSO fans and enthusiasts. It’s when you try and be the “end all, be all” that you suffer. And if you disagree, go talk to Will. He learned the HARD way! He had a very viable show in Deathfest. It found a niche and played to that niche. When it tried to expand it lost its focus it lost its core audience and support. Now it is just a memory!!!

If HC drops its “For Haunters, By Haunters” moniker and focuses on its real audience it can remain viable and even become a long lasting show. Don’t focus on Haunt Owners and operators; they won’t be enough to sustain the show. Play to the second tier people, those that act in the haunts, work for the haunts, visit the haunts. It’s a bigger market. Shift the seminars from “Business” oriented to fan or support based info. Make-up classes, costume design, acting classes, character development…haunt visits, special guests….FUN stuff that will help that target audience. Safety classes, insurance seminars, how to get into the business seminars have no place here and face it are not well attended.

Take a lesson from Haunt X. Define your audience and play to your audience. If I were a haunt owner with a satanic theme I sure wouldn’t focus on local church bulletins to market my attraction!!! You can’t be everything to everyone. Focus and remain profitable.
                R&J Productions
                Las Vegas, NV
                www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

I thought the "focus" issue had alot to do with potential customers and exhibitors all being "Focused" on going to Transworld instead of Will's show, simply because they were in competition.
                  Too bad the non-Transworld crowd of the pure fans couldn't have swelled the aisles for Will and got him through this for this last time.
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                  X