No announcement yet.

Favorite effects?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay.....now I KNOW I REALLY need to get out more. That's really cool, never thought of giant puppets, time to search for them on YouTube!

No haunts up here have that laser lagoon effect, and I've only seen videos/pictures of it, but I would love to see it in person.

Another effect I liked, although could have been executed a little better, was as a haunt here in CT where it was their last scene and you were separated from your group and sent to your own personal morgue and had to get into an actual pullout body freezer type thing. Was a really cool idea. I just wish I knew I had to get out on my own and roll out the side, it was pitch black and the actors were getting frustrated...guess I wasn't the first one lol! But a great ending nonetheless.

Comment

Bobby! That exit has potential!

Money-making potential as the small change dumps from their pockets during the rolling!
      (ever so quietly landing upon a carpeted surface, in the dark of course)
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Hahaha, I KNEW I should have felt around to see if I could find a quarter or two!

Comment

I also really enjoyed the vibrating floors. Those really threw me for a loop as I have terrible balance to begin with.
          sigpic
          Catie Mahfouz
          Blood Ink Writing Service
          www.hauntwriter.com

Comment

I have always like the helivator and or the moving walls as an effect like Netherworld has a spot it is like a gothic archway i think and you walk through both side move. BUT my all time favorit for me is the claustrophobic halls i love them jus twish they did not hold the line up and or be so easy to distroy. other than that i have allways had a thing for a good cave with a blower fan moving air with a scent. thats the one little bits of things hanging form the cieling and the sounds of monsters just around the corner. just my 2 cents.
            The Care Taker
            John "DarkTombCreations.com"

Comment

We had a long hall at the beginning of our show that brought the guests from the street front where the line, etc were to the back of the building where the show really started. This was always an issue for us.

The cheap and easy solution was a lazer vortex tunnel. A few fog machines and about $10 in parts and we were set. The cool part was actors could be on one side of the laser effect and not be seen by the guests coming down the hall, but the actors could easily see the guests. They could get right up to the guests and then appear. On top of that the effect created a great distraction because it really is cool to see. Actors could hide in the dark and let the guests just walk right by and get them from behind.

It had to be one of the best bang for the buck effect and solved a difficult area.
              Randy Russom

www.midstatescare.com
              Mid State Scare - San Luis Obispo and Santa Maria's favorite Haunted House
              2013 - Hmmm, we shall see what gets conjured up

Comment

I agree whole heartedly, the one way view effect of the laser is an awesome tool. Zombie manor in Arlington made their laser tunnel way more effective by bouncing their laser off of a large mirror, doubling the length of throw by the looks of it. The laser is mounted over the guests heads as they walk in and bounced off a mirror at the end of the hall really nice addiion to the effect.
                Allen H
                www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

That is exactly what we did. We spent alot more time and money on other gags that did not work as well as this simple effect.
                  Randy Russom

www.midstatescare.com
                  Mid State Scare - San Luis Obispo and Santa Maria's favorite Haunted House
                  2013 - Hmmm, we shall see what gets conjured up

Comment

Working...
                  X