No announcement yet.

Could use some advice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read many of the reviews, pretty harsh. I was really surprised that several people, if not most, were stressing over the ticket prices. One said it was $26 for two tickets, that's practically free on the east coast! People need to understand that doing a haunt is expensive, and seasonal, we can't do this for free actors need to get paid, advertising, materials and props and all the other hundreds of things cost money and a profit is always ideal when running a business...lol

Also, it looks like another haunt review group that's never happy up in Ohio! Haunt review groups are all the same no matter where you go I guess....

So the Scream Xtreme opens then closes and moves to a new spot every year? That is always a bad sign...

And lastly, I thought 7 Floors of Hell was supposed to be one of the best in the nation? Someone was trashing it.

DA

Comment

Re: Reviews

Hey Dark - the reviews in this area are such crap. Most of them, in my experience, seem to use "the lingo" which leads me to believe that they are just other haunters.

The Eastlake haunt has happened twice, once by this guys and his "partner", and wasn't a success. Then 2 yrs later he did it again. Not a success.
      Myself and 3 friends paid to go see it, and it was horrible.
      Eastlake wants to do a haunt there so badly for the revenue, but there really isn't enough time to do it right if the Captains go into the playoffs. They literally had 4 days to set up everything.
      Anyone worth their salt in the haunt industry would say no.

Berea should be a whole nother post. It has all this hype, and I for the life of me, can't figure out why. I have been there and it's not anything like it claims. My neice, a 15 yr old girl, told me it sucked. That is usually prime pickings, right?
      Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

Katie, your a little mistaken there.
        First year haunt at the stadium was extremecreators.

2nd year was Pete .

Smasters

Comment

Katie,

You and I agree 100%. Most review groups are that way, they are in bed with their "friends" and they take care of whomever takes care of them. Most are from other haunters or their staff, or friends of the haunt. Reviewers, by their nature, are close to the industry or wannabes so they meet and interact with haunters and they make friends and enemies with haunters and that reflects in the reviews. It's like that in Texas I understand it as well....

DA

Comment

darkangel,

i am curious about what you mean about the haunters in Texas. i rarely ever see any posts by them here, so I dont understand what you mean. will you explain? thanks.

freak

Comment

News Herald will be doing a story on it. This guy will no longer operate in our area.

More fish to fry....coming soon................

John
              Attached Files

Comment

A while back, maybe during the season a haunter from Texas was talking about some corrupt reviewers in his area. Can't remember the city but it was a thread a while back. I'm sure it's the same everywhere though.

DA

Comment

Re: Smasters

I'm not mistaken, they were in it together.

Comment

Xtremecreators

Go get him John!

Comment

Katie,
                      Not right!
                      I was never with pete. I rented him 91,000.00 in animatronics, and he turned around and sold them to another haunt. Crazy Crap...Huh!

thats where the trouble started. Never paid.
                      John Merk
                      Last edited by xtremecreator; 01-12-2011, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Sorry Katie,

I thought you wre trying to attach me with him, so I freaked. Sorry.

Hope you and gadget do well this year at your new haunt. Im staying out of this area....its all yours! Im working on Berea! LOL.

.not joking

If you need anything props and such I will loan them to you guys for free.

Just call.

john
                        Last edited by xtremecreator; 01-12-2011, 08:44 PM.

Comment

John

No worries, I wouldn't do that to ya! LOL

Good luck in Berea as well!!!

Comment

Katie,

It wont be this year, unless the right building falls in my lap. I want a permanent place and be next to my buddy Rodney.

Thats why I offered the props.....

No worries, I got this guy!

John
                            Last edited by xtremecreator; 01-13-2011, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by xtremecreator View Post
                              Sorry Katie,

Hope you and gadget do well this year at your new haunt.

john

As long as plans fall into place, it will blow away what we use to do at Nightmare in Painesville.
                              Brian Warner
                              Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
                              Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
                              Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

Originally posted by gadget-evilusions View Post
                                As long as plans fall into place, it will blow away what we use to do at Nightmare in Painesville.
                                *crossing fingers* I hope everything works out; with the amount of talent in NE Ohio it could be a phenomenal haunt.
                                Katie Lane
                                Partner/VP
                                Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
                                sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

Working...
                                X