New mobile marketing check these out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New mobile marketing check these out

Hey everyone, check out these "snap tags" for marketing.

I just wanted to share something we are using in my real estate business. I am going to use these for marketing this year with our haunt. I think they will be a hit since alot of people have smart phones.

I have documentation on how to set them up and how they work. Just starting to read over this stuff but they are really cool.

You put this image on the bottom of your flyers, newspaper ads, etc. If you have a smart phone you download an app to read the image like a bar scanner. It then takes you directly to your website or set up other info you want them to have instantly.

Check this site out for further details. Send me a PM if you want me to email you the documents I have on creating them.

http://tag.microsoft.com/consumer/index.aspx

This has all kinds of potential!

Tag: gives customers access to your scary back story while in line?

Tag: the next clue in a scavenger hunt?
    sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Greg:

Glad you thoughts this was worth looking into. I thought we would get more posts with ideas on how to use this to benefit us. You really got me thinking about giving people something to do while in line.

Comment

read as much as I could and have two questions, in case others have found an answer.

1. Is there a standard line or visual element that goes along with the tag telling non scanner app owning smart phone users how to get a scanning app? That is if a person finds the tag on a poster or flyer is there an easy and free way to get them involved on the spot?

2. Are there other branded competitors, or other types of 'tags' that work only with a specific scanner app? So that you'd need to have more than one 'tag' on the ad?

Anything that drives eyes toward more rich content is a good thing, thanks for posting.

Comment

That's a great idea. Thanks for posting!
          Richard Alvarado
          Moxley Manor Haunted House

www.moxleymanor.com
          www.nightscarebeforechristmas.com
          Stalk Us on Facebook
          Stalk Us on Twitter
          Stalk Us on YouTube

Comment

If you want a copy of all this that we condensed for our real estate company, give me your email address and I will send you over some documents that I am starting to read over.

I was not certain about the size thing, but makes sense. I have a document that is about 20 pages long telling you about creating a direct link to a url, dial a phone number, create a text message, etc.

My thought is anything that you might advertise on to give you that edge. They snap it and then put your info in there contact info and it's little to no work/time. Instead info is what the customer's want from us.

Comment

QR Codes are the same concept and are definitely more widely used. All you need to read them is a barcode reader on your phone to read it. They are actually quite impressive. Snap Tag looks like Microsoft's attempt to brand something that is already existent in QR Codes. There are tons of QR code creators online that are free and you dont have to sign to any service for.

They can contain something crazy like up to 4000+ characters of text, hyperlinks, instant contact info, and lots more. all in a 2inch square (or smaller depending on what you are trying to fit)

They are black and white (and will work with some other color schemes), and many can have over 30% of it damaged and still be readable/scannable. You can scale them as long as you keep aspect ratio intact.

You can put these on flyers, posters, banners, shirts, etc...anything it can be printed clearly on and read will work. LOTS of great marketing potential (both straightforward and viral). A shop in NY made waffle QR codes that were both edible and scannable!

We started implementing these into a new product we introduced at the end of last year called FaviCards (little 2inch by 2 inch cards on premium stock with rounded corners that can be used to share your social networking info, use with QR codes, or your own custom art or combination of all of these. (http://www.jakprints.com/favicard/)

Mike "Pogo" Hach
              -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

Working...
              X